Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2002 Slp FireHawk car#1170 askin 14,500 o.b.o Edinburg, TX

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2002 Slp FireHawk car#1170 askin 14,500 o.b.o Edinburg, TX

I am sellin my 2002 Slp Firehawk... it is an authentic firehawk car number 1170. It has a rebuilt title bought from Cantu's last year. Car has 42,000 miles on tranny and drivetrain, but less than 7,000 miles on motor. Just put the motor in @ christmas last year. i have invoice if you need. the car is standard m6 and has a fresh custom paint job: jet black, with charcoal grey metallic ghost stripes. This Firehawk has the auburn differential, sporty stance, and sits on corvette zr-1's wrapped in nitto 555's all around. wheels are 17x9 all around. car is rebuilt to perfection. Mods include: air lid, smooth bellow, ls6 intake, ceramic coated pacesetter longtubes, pacesetter ORY, 3 inch exhaust, spintech sportsman series catback, taylor 8mm wires, iridium spark plugs, custom tune by xessive (Edgar), nitto 555's, custom paint job, comes with the ram air hood, limited edition i-roc style rear deck wing (only came out on 10th anniversary firehawks, and 02 models), Hurst short throw shifter, Lou's short staff, and a brand new o.e.m. clutch/clutch hydraulic pump assembly (installed on 4-10-08). any other questions or comments, feel free to call/text Jim at 956-207-8321
or email at rodriguez8718@sbcglobal.net
serious inquiries only. Thank you.
call me up if you want to see the car. I
live in the Edinburg, TX Area.

[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p286/DeadOnArrival02/P1040326.jpg[/ IMG]

CAR MUST GO!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 03:53 AM

Here are some additional pics, if you like to race,... go fast??? this car is just aching for a stroker, blower, heads/cam package??? its got all the stylin... any questions text/call Jim at 956-207-8321
or email at rodriguez8718@sbcglobal.net if you have any questions

Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Rebuilt title, what happened to the car, front end damage? hawk with ws6 hood, is it oem?
Old 04-19-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its almost impossible to find the correct OEM firehawk wheels. They are out of production, nobody makes replicas, and if somebody does have them it will cost a pretty penny.

EDIT: I don't mean to slam you, but I don't want anybody being ripped off. Here's a real firehawk with a clean title, correct hood, wheels, decals, orginal paint, and lower miles for 15k
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/904539-2000-firehawk-sale.html

Last edited by AronZ28; 04-19-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Teching In

It's a nice looking car & everything, but I see no evidence that it is a REAL Firehawk - no hood, wheels, decals, ash tray badge, SLP doorjamb stickers, etc. It would be helpful if you could show some of these things or explain why they're missing. Hopefully you weren't sold a WS6 & told it was a Firehawk. Best wishes on the sale though.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:33 AM

This car was bought with a rebuilt, not salvage title... the owner at Cantu's motorsports in donna/alamo Tx. told me in had slight cosmetic damage, they had to replace the front bumper, and passenger side fender. I called SLP and gave them my vin number to verify if it was a real firehawk and they said it was... gave me the option to purchase a birth certificate and everything. This car is Firehawk #1170. I had a small accident back in january of this year, but because of the composite material of the firehawk hood, it cracked, and the "nostrils" were torn to shreds... on top of that... the front bumper had a crack where the fog lights go,... so i replaced the hood and front bumper,... the o.e.m. firehawk hood was way out of my price range... nearly 2k. and the bumper itself ran up to 450. The ws6 hood it has now is not o.e.m. it is an aftermarket fiberglass. During my unfortunate accident one of the firehawk wheels cracked approximately 5 inches... said to be irrepairable. i sold the three remainding wheels on ebay.

as far as badging goes, not all firehawks came out with all the additional equipment. the ashtray badging is strictly "optional" and most cars don't come with it, people just buy it and add it on. floor mats, deck lid... all optional at the owners expense... since i did not get this car from the factory, but a used car lot... i could not obtain these extra, subtle, commodities. Now as far as the doors,... the firehawk stickers were removed and from the right rear tail light as well, so that it could get that fresh paint. Since the hood and front bumper were needing the paint, i ended up painting the whole car. all stickers were removed and could not be replaced... I reordered the stickers from ws6store.com but they never came in, instead just charged the 65.00 to my account.
hope that clears up a few things... any other questions email or pm.
thanx again.
if you need pictures of when i first got the car, email me and i'll be more than glad to send you some pics confirming that it is an authentic firehawk. thanx again.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Even tho it originally had the WU6 'Firehawk' option, some of your comments are not exactly true.
The ashtray badge was NOT optional. (And you can find replacements.) And the 'Firehawk' decals were not optional on the late 4th gens either. (And they can be obtained also.)

With some original wheels, & the Firehawk hood, someone could return it to it's 'original' state pretty easily. Fair price for a car with some notoriety. (Finding a hood will be the toughest part.)

Good Luck!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 PM

still for sale!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Would a VIN help in determining it this car is truly a Firehawk, or the title is the only thing that's a "Firehawk"? Can you post the original pics?

Quick Reply: 2002 Slp FireHawk car#1170 askin 14,500 o.b.o Edinburg, TX