87 V8 Fiero Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 87 V8 Fiero Coupe

1987 Pontiac Fiero coupe with 350/Getrag 5spd located in Cape Canaveral, Florida.

History:
I purchased the car with the 350 installed, not running with a TPI set-up about 2 years ago. I built the car with a very bare bones hotrod in mind - flat black, gutted, and loud.

The Good:
350 4 bolt main, roller, bored .030 over installed with street dreams/custom kit. Modifications to
the motor include - Cam Motion Custom ground billet roller with .517/.517" valve lift, ProComp
aluminum heads with 190cc intake runners, 2.02 int, 1.60exh, pocket ported and gasket
matched. Scorpion 1.5 full roller rockers. Professional products single plane, air gap intake
gasket matched. Holley 650 double pumper with HP main body. Proform electric water pump.

Ignition - MSD 6AL, blaster coil and MSD Street Fire HEI distributor converted for use with the
box and external coil. MSD wires. Champion plugs.

Exhaust - Front header is a block hugger style, coated. 2.5" pipe ran to a single bottle muffler
under the oil pan and then out. I recieved the rear header with the car and is a regular shorty
style header with a sharp bend on the left side to bring the pipe back across the car. Same
muffler installed as front bank. I have another block hugger header that can be modified to work,
but the way they come, the drive shaft is in the way.

Full poly suspension except cradle bushings (I have aluminum bushings, just not installed).
Suspension Techniques front lowering springs and KYB shocks.
Fiero Store Drilled rotors in front with carbomet pads.
Grand Am rear brakes.
Front mount battery (new battery).
Griffin Radiator and Spal Fan.
Rodney Competion short throw shifter.
KYB struts modified for coil-overs - using 400lb springs.
Stainless brake hoses.
New rear tie rods and RH wheel bearing and hub assym.
New (remaned) alternator.
Mopar six pack scoop mounted on decklid.

The Bad:
Needs an alignment. Third and fifth gears grind, and first can be difficult to engage if you are not rolling - however I will include another tranny with the sale (torn apart - ready for rebuild, kit costs about $150). Body could use some work, I will include a "fresh" front hood as the scoops in the current one are poorly installed, however very functional. No speedo. Passenger headlight needs $5 part to work. No e-brake.

Car runs good, and has proven to be reliable. I am looking to get $2000 for it, but will entertain offers. Also, if you are interested in the motor alone, let me know as I may be willing to part the car out. Thanks for looking,

Gabe

Last edited by fieroslave; 01-12-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump to lower price...

Quick Reply: 87 V8 Fiero Coupe