72 Camaro Rs-P/T project almost complete

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 72 Camaro Rs-P/T project almost complete

Hey Guys,

I am getting ready to separate the military after 8 Years service to get my degree and funds are going to be tight for the next few years so my wife said my Camaro had to go. I am located in Alaska until Feb. but car is in Valdosta, Ga. Here is all the info I have on the car and I am sure I am leaving stuff out. I have almost all documentation of work and car

Background: I am the fourth owner of this original '72 split bumper. Original owner (J. Nelson) bought on 11/19/71 in Georgia and sold to (L. Wagner) from San Diego, California in 1973. She sold the car in 2000 to a guy trailering CA cars to the midwest, whom Chuck Mamick bought the car in 2000 and then I purchased it from him in 2008. I have the original owner’s manual and protect-o-plate.

Engine: Rebuilt GM Goodwrench service engine, .30 speed pro hyperuetectic pistons (9.75cc) ,eagle rods, has approximately 3k on it! Edelbrock Intake, Edelbrock 750 Carb, Erson Cam( Spec'd .488-.510), Dart Iron eagle heads, GM Hei with MSD tune up kit and Summit 50k volt coil. Edelbrock valve covers and cleaner. Runs great and pulls strong. Timing is set at 32 right now so there is more power on tap if next buyer wants to adjust the timing. Also have a Serp belt system that is off an 88-early 90 vortec 350 that should be interchangeable if buyer wants it free. Also will include a 400 small block for free

Transmission: Originally TH350, converted to manual. D&D Viper T56 6 speed, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, Lakewood Bellhousing, Denny's HD Driveshaft, pro billet 5.0 shifter.

Differential: Completely rebuilt 8.5” 10 bolt. Auburn limited slip, new heat treated 28 spline axles, Richmond ring and pinion 3.73 ratio.

Suspension: Hotchkis front and rear springs, Hotchkis front and rear sway bars, Koni red dampers on all 4 corners, polyurethane body mount bushings, polyurethane control arm bushings in original control arms. Handles like a dream.

Wheels/Tires: American Racing TT2’s. 17x8 front wrapped in 245/45 BFGoodrich G-Force KD, 17x9.5 rear wrapped in 275/40 G-Force KD’s.

Brakes: Original. Nothing done.

Steering: Original. Nothing done.

Exhaust: Flowmaster, American Thunder 2.5” system with 40 series…sounds BRUTAL. Hooker full length headers.

Interior: All of the original components are intact and have been repainted and in great condition with the exception of the dash which has curled to due to CA heat so I put a carpet dash pad on there for now. Dyna-mat has been installed on most of the intended areas. Has new carpet and floor mats. Arizen racing seats front and reupholstered rear seat, also has a Vintage air gen 2 AC system (I was in the process of adding another vent to the drivers side when I was called back to Alaska). To completely redo the interior all that is needed is upper/lower dash and the shift part of the center console.
also have a Grant steering wheel that I was going to put on after I finished adding the extra ac vent that is included.

Electrical: Optima Red Battery, Autometer Phantom gauges. JVC in dash DVD player and Kicker 6x9 in the deck lid

Body: Car was 98% rust free when I bought it. The only rust that existed was some surface rust in the trunk which was got the complete POR 15 treatment and some surface rust along the rocker, as well as one small hole in the driver’s side quarter panel. Everything was treated and buttoned up immediately. This car is 100% rust free. The car is remarkably straight. The most significant imperfection is the driver’s side quarter that is mildly dented (see pictures). This car would come out showroom perfect in the hands of a good body man.

I think that just about covers everything. Any questions contact me at 229-251-2676 or 2700. I am in Alaska but car is located in Valdosta, Georgia. The car never seen Alaska and was stored at my moms in Indiana until we bought our house in Valdosta a couple months ago. Will be putting some pics up soon

Asking $15000 OBO

Thanks in advance,
David

Last edited by heetstroke; 10-24-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:32 PM
Teching In

Here is a photobucket link of all old pics I will get new ones as soon as the wife take some new pics so you can see the motor and interior now. The body is in same condition
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y73...e/72%20Camaro/

Last edited by heetstroke; 10-24-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Teching In

added a few more pics gonna have the wife start it up and get some more interior pics
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y73...e/72%20Camaro/
Old 10-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Would be up for trades plus cash on the following vehicles
82-92 Camaro
84-95 Mustang Gt
92-95 Civic Hatch
94-01 Integra
1st or 2nd gen turbo eclipse, laser, talon
Would have to be a manual
Old 10-25-2009, 06:23 AM