1996 Pontiac Grand Am FIX OR PARTS (North Carolina)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1996 Pontiac Grand Am FIX OR PARTS (North Carolina)

Pretty straight forward here, this car is a reliable grocery getter that can still smoke ricers. haha...here's some info on it:
1996 Pontiac Grand Am SE
3100 (3.1L) V6
Automatic Trans
4 door, bench style rear seat
Runs good, could use a tune up, we put new plugs in it about 6 months ago, but have not done wires yet. Has a new air filter.
NEEDS: Passenger side CV axle (might need the input bearing where the axle goes into trans as well). Also, window motors for 3 windows, drivers side rear is the only one that works. And the AC is not cold, not sure whats going on here, might need a charge.
Story:
We have had this car in our family for over 10 years. we bought it with 50,000 miles on it when we lived in Pennsylvania. It was daily driven there until it was sold to another family member who moved to Minnesota. She drove it out there for about 4 or 5, maybe more, years, then moved here to Charlotte, NC and has been driving it here for almost 3 years. It was always good to me, even was able to get it to spin the wheels back when i had it probably 7 years ago. I actually used to race this car on the local strip, and had no worries with rice burners or anything else, with a load of groceries in the trunk ;-).
Check engine light is on, not really sure why, might be something stupid. Low coolant light is also on, GM had a problem with this type of sensor on all kinds of different cars.
Thats pretty much it, if you have any questions feel free to write/call/email me.
Price: $1,100 CASH OBO! Book value is $1,600...so I'm at least $500 under book on this one. :-)
-Chris
704-778-2521
1987 Formula@Live.com

PICS:

Old 11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all! just wanted everyone to know we fixed the problems with this car. Put a NEW PASSENGER CV AXLE and NEW HUB/BEARING ASSEMBLY on it. No worries! runs great, drives nice and smooth now. Still asking $1,000 for it!!!! Come get it today!
If you want more pics, or info just let me know. RUST FREE! No problems!!

Quick Reply: 1996 Pontiac Grand Am FIX OR PARTS (North Carolina)