1996 SS six speed $10,000 very clean

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 SS six speed $10,000 very clean

1996 Camaro SS. This is a REAL SS (#1750) with many SLP options. This car has only 49,000 miles! This Camaro is very original and the only changes made to it were a K&N air filter, NGK Iridium spark plugs and a Hurst skip shift eliminator (see note), Ram heavy duty clutch and EBC slotted and drilled rotors and Red Stuff brake pads on all corners.

This Camaro left the factory completely loaded with the exception of leather seats. It has the LT1 V-8 engine and a six speed manual transmission, T tops with removable sun shades, power windows, locks, mirrors, steering and drivers seat, air conditioning (ice cold), cruise control, keyless entry (with 2 extra brand new key fobs), factory alarm, tilt steering wheel, 4 wheel ABS, dual airbags and a Bose sound system with a single CD player.

After it left the factory this Camaro headed over to SLP to become car #1750 for 1996. Once there it received the following options: Composite cold air induction hood with oversized air box, and a performance 3" stainless steel exhaust system and a low restriction dual outlet muffler these parts increased the power output to 305hp. A Hurst short throw shifter with leather "H" shift **** controls the Borg Warner T-56 six speed manual transmission. To aid in getting this power to the road is a Torsen differential, which provides constant trouble-free biasing, and synthetic differential fluid.

NOTE: I did add a “skip shift” eliminator to this car, it is a simple device that plugs into the wiring harness of the transmission and stops the “skip shift” from prevent you from going from first to second while driving slow. If this feature is not wanted upon purchase I could remove it and return the car to 100 % original. No wires were cut in the installation of this device. It makes the car much easier to drive around town.

This SS was ordered with the optional Sport Suspension Package which includes larger front and rear anti sway bars with firmer bushings, front and rear control arms with firmer bushing, rear panhard bar with firmer bushings, level 2 Bilstein shocks at all four corners also the transmission mount and the jounce bumpers are firmer. ZR1 style 5 spoke aluminum alloy rims with huge 275/40/17 tires are at each corner.

Other options ordered with this unique car are premium quality custom fitted floor mats embroidered with black and red Z28 / SS logos, "SS" body graphics and console plaque with raised metal outline individually inscribed with the special Z28 / SS lettering, model year and build number. It comes with the factory owners manual and the SLP owners manual as well. Also included is a numbered SS key chain.

This car was just tuned up for the summertime with new NGK Iridium spark plugs, and a new GM fuel filter. I know the spark plugs are 100,000-mile plugs from GM, but I felt that after 11 years it wouldn’t hurt to change them. It received a fresh oil change with Mobil 1 synthetic oil and a K&N high performance oil filter, and the K&N air filter was cleaned. The car was aligned at the local GM dealer. This SS has just had a brand new Ram heavy-duty clutch professionally installed. The clutch was installed because the original clutch began to make a rattling noise when the clutch was released in first gear. It turned out to be a bad dampener spring in the clutch disc. I also had the flywheel turned and a new roller pilot bearing installed.

There are no tears or rips in the interior and the seats and carpet look new. The dash has no cracks of any kind. Everything works including the A/C and the cruise control. Overall this is an outstanding true SS Camaro that has not been modified or abused.

This is a very nice car and it would be hard to buy more performance for this price. This car has a clean car fax. Also included with the car are set of GM repair manuals.

This SS does have a few flaws as this is an 11 year old car: the paint has some various scratches/scuffs that may be able to be buffed out, it has a chip in the lower left corner of the windshield that has been filled to prevent spreading and the radio display will sometimes turns black with the headlights on (the radio still works fine but you cannot read the display). The driver’s door rear edge has some chips in it. The front passenger fender has some scratches from a car cover grommet that you can see in the pictures, not bad but I want to disclose all of the cars faults.

If interested feel free to email me with any questions. If you like you can call me on my cell phone (503) 560-2700. Please leave a message if I don’t answer. This SS Camaro lives in Forest Grove, Oregon.

Robert Fischer

becrobfischer@comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails 1996 SS six speed ,000 very clean-ss-frt.jpg   1996 SS six speed ,000 very clean-ss-primary.jpg   1996 SS six speed ,000 very clean-ss-eng-right.jpg   1996 SS six speed ,000 very clean-ss-dr-int.jpg  
Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've seen this car in person, This car is really really clean. Nice guy, someone will be getting a great car at a great price. If I hadn't gotten riped off by sscrazy and now have to rebuild this engine, I would have bought this car. Robert takes care of his car and it shows. This car is NOT abused, NOT raced, and NOT cut up and or modified except for the very minor things listed.
Good luck on the sale!
Scott

Last edited by SScott; 12-10-2007 at 01:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Thats an Outstanding deal

Free Bump for a fellow 6 speed LT1 . 10 g's for 49k 6 speed LT1 is a steal for that SS. Your giving it away . I wouldn't take less than 12 for that car.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phantomLT1
Free Bump for a fellow 6 speed LT1 . 10 g's for 49k 6 speed LT1 is a steal for that SS. Your giving it away . I wouldn't take less than 12 for that car.
Thats EXACTLY what I said!
Old 12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious to see how much this car will go for so bump.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 12-22-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

No one wants a really clean SS??
Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM
12 Second Club

Do you happen to know the part number for the K&N filter ? Nice car by the way, if i had the cash i would buy it that way i had two 96 SS camaro's
Old 12-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Teching In

where are you located? very very interested in your car
Old 12-24-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TrashMan07
where are you located? very very interested in your car
If interested feel free to email me with any questions. If you like you can call me on my cell phone (503) 560-2700. Please leave a message if I don’t answer. This SS Camaro lives in Forest Grove, Oregon.

Robert Fischer

becrobfischer@comcast.net
Old 12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
Teching In

sent ya an email