91 AMS fully built talon fs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by canada4g63
Who the f are you? Ebay crap, i buy my parts from sheppard or buschur so all brand knew. I'm sorry he put all that money into a car that doesn't put down that much hp. Mine puts 530whp on a 50trim so f you. I trap at 132mph wanna race my DSM. This is a really clean car but 30k for a 1g is just out of control.

Who the **** are you, thats the real qeustion..You have two posts and come on here talking like your a big bad racer...

He works at AMS, and I also know the guy so stop cluster ******* this thread
Old 04-13-2008, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by stripes1987
bottom line if no one wants to fork up 30g for the car im keeping it. if anyone wants to see why im selling it for 30k why dont you come down to houston and get you some and ill show you how fast a 750awhp 1g is on the street.

looks like no one wants it.

amswill i appreciate your comments atleast someone understand what kind of work has gone into it first hand

p.s i think a 37r with a bottle is alot more usable on the street than a 42r on the street. the car on the bottle is in full boost immediatly

I didnt mean to be a bother to your thread, bump for a nice car then and hope the sale goes well...

AMS are a bunch of stand up guys, and will always get me coming back in
Old 04-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I have a pretty built *** talon...and I paid about 7-8k in parts..doing my own work except the tune. I just think you pick the wrong car to invest in if you want 30k out of.

I think you could MAYBE get 18k out of it...but thats even a stretch.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ReLs1pect
I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I have a pretty built *** talon...and I paid about 7-8k in parts..doing my own work except the tune. I just think you pick the wrong car to invest in if you want 30k out of.

too bad nobody asked what you think.... let they guy sell his car!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:08 AM
Teching In

geesh you guys are starting to get a bit wild. Jumping on one another like, would of thought this was a honda board. Anyways calm down and let this guy sell his car.

P.S. ON a side note, all this 1g awd/turbo talk is making me want one.. and no i can't afford "dave's" lol. Bumpety and call down ls1techers
Old 04-14-2008, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

How the hell are you going to have 3 pages of bickering, over a 30 ******* THOUSAND dollar 1g...

AND NOT HAVE ANY PICS?!!

Like people are just going to offer up anything just from words on a screen and a crappy video taken at night?

You should at least learn how to sell a car before you go bitch at people. You had someone interested on the 2nd post asking for pictures, again on the 2nd page, and guess what, we're now on page three.

You guys sell cars like 16yr olds.

Bump for a DSM
Old 04-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RSbeast
How the hell are you going to have 3 pages of bickering, over a 30 ******* THOUSAND dollar 1g...

AND NOT HAVE ANY PICS?!!

Like people are just going to offer up anything just from words on a screen and a crappy video taken at night?

You should at least learn how to sell a car before you go bitch at people. You had someone interested on the 2nd post asking for pictures, again on the 2nd page, and guess what, we're now on page three.

You guys sell cars like 16yr olds.

Bump for a DSM
Very well said! And I am a HUGE dsm fan. As my name may imply I spent over 10yrs with them (and owned about as many) before moving to the Goat. I have a big soft spot for them and really really would like to pick another 1g awd up in the future!
Old 04-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Launching!

if someone wants to post pics of it im not that good with computers i can email them to you and you can post them up. all i can do is type
Old 04-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Teching In

Email them to me at matthew.reesor@gulfstream.com and I will post them for you.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Teching In

maybe you should read what AMSwill said read it a couple times over, before you post anything else.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowrx7
maybe you should read what AMSwill said read it a couple times over, before you post anything else.
I really don't think that that's the case. First and foremost he's selling a $30,000 1g AWD Talon on LS1TECH.com. Maybe not the most DSM friendly site there is, lol. This kind of car is going to take a very very special buyer. There are going to be very few people willing to shell out 30 grand for a 1st gen Talon. I don't care how "built" or clean it is. That's just a fact. And I'm not bashing his ad by any means. But when you can go over to evolutionm.net and see something like this...http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=327789 for just a few grand more it's kinda hard to justify. In all reality I could see an actual sale for this car going around 16-18k. And at that it'll still take a special buyer. But all that being said, I wish him the best of luck selling the car. It sounds like an AMAZING ride.

Now if he'd just email me the damn pics so I could put them up for him and see this 30 thousand dollar DSM!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dsmtrance
I really don't think that that's the case. First and foremost he's selling a $30,000 1g AWD Talon on LS1TECH.com. Maybe not the most DSM friendly site there is, lol. This kind of car is going to take a very very special buyer. There are going to be very few people willing to shell out 30 grand for a 1st gen Talon. I don't care how "built" or clean it is. That's just a fact. And I'm not bashing his ad by any means. But when you can go over to evolutionm.net and see something like this...http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=327789 for just a few grand more it's kinda hard to justify. In all reality I could see an actual sale for this car going around 16-18k. And at that it'll still take a special buyer. But all that being said, I wish him the best of luck selling the car. It sounds like an AMAZING ride.

Now if he'd just email me the damn pics so I could put them up for him and see this 30 thousand dollar DSM!

Well actually it has nothing to do with the price i was commenting on what that guy said about building his car for much less, and how his parts were cheaper, and most likely crappier, it will take a very special buyer to buy this car but i dont think that guy understands the difference between cheap parts and parts that are expensive and highly tuned for performance.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slowrx7
Well actually it has nothing to do with the price i was commenting on what that guy said about building his car for much less, and how his parts were cheaper, and most likely crappier, it will take a very special buyer to buy this car but i dont think that guy understands the difference between cheap parts and parts that are expensive and highly tuned for performance.
I think that is directed towards me. I have no cheap parts on my car i just don't have as big of a turbo, and all from buschur, shep, tim S. I don't make as much power but with a 42r and different injectors i could. I have seen pics of this car and it is clean as **** , but IMO he should try a DSM site. I love dsm's hence the 4g63 in my user name. I'm sure to the rite buyer he could get upper 20's for it. Bump for a clean car. Someone please post pics for him.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by canada4g63
I think that is directed towards me. I have no cheap parts on my car i just don't have as big of a turbo, and all from buschur, shep, tim S. I don't make as much power but with a 42r and different injectors i could. I have seen pics of this car and it is clean as **** , but IMO he should try a DSM site. I love dsm's hence the 4g63 in my user name. I'm sure to the rite buyer he could get upper 20's for it. Bump for a clean car. Someone please post pics for him.
It wasn't directed towards you...read up a few posts...btw im sure he has tried a dsm site and look how many people here say that they used to have dsm's. The more places you post the more people see it. Its in the right portion of the classifieds. Dave if it doesn't sell you should sell me that trans for....like 1k dollars...lol BUMP
Old 04-15-2008, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Just thought you would like to know...the trans he has in his car is a shep dogbox and it cost about 7-8k.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

This car is bad as hell but i still just dont see 30g. I can see 20 maybe a bit more but 30 is a bit much
Old 04-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Teching In

i think its worth it, thats just my 2 cents, i hope you sell it man.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

damn everyone leave the guy alone,its funny watching a bunch of know it alls with 13 second camaros ragging on someone who has a 9-10 second car for his selling price.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by beeker82
damn everyone leave the guy alone,its funny watching a bunch of know it alls with 13 second camaros ragging on someone who has a 9-10 second car for his selling price.
There may be a couple ragging on him, but I don't think most are doing that. Fact is is it is extremely hard for 99.9% of people out there, including DSM'ers, to justify $30,000 for a 1st gen Talon. Period. I have no doubt it is one SICK ride and I would still LOVE LOVE LOVE to see it (hint...get me them darn pics, lol), but 30 grand is, imo, unrealistic. Unless this is like Shep's 7 sec. well-known record Talon (you get the idea).

And not all of us are rolling in 13 sec. camaros either. Maybe high 10's, but not 13's. Just busting your ***** a lil. Listen, point blank it sounds like an amazing DSM and it says alot that the guys from AMS are willing to back it up. I know they built the car, but they're also one of the most well-known DSM builders around. And they have built some incredible DSM's. I wish him the best of luck in his sale. And I hope that he gets me those pics so I can put them up for him. stripes, be sure to keep us updated too!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:27 PM
Teching In

Here are the pics for ya bud! Definitely one of the cleanest 1st gens I have EVER seen!!! I would absolutely love to own it! I can't say I'd spend 30 grand on it, but WOW!! Gorgeous.

Quick Reply: 91 AMS fully built talon fs