91 AMS fully built talon fs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 AMS fully built talon fs

hey guies ive decided that i have more important things that i need instead of the car. i have over 50k in the car and am looking for 30k or best offer.

the car was built at ams in chicago illinois. i picked it up last november so i have only had it for about 5 months and realized that i don't really have the time the car deserves either.

now for the list.

its a 1991 eagle talon tsi awd.

Interior- full interior, no cage, sparco seats, matching rear seats, alpine indash touchscreen tv, brand new alpine speakers, aem uego gauge, aem serial gauge (19 different read outs),stewart warner boost gauge, raptor shift light, Greddy turbo timer staging brake for (brake boosting at the track off the line or on the street) extreamly clean interior.

exterior- it has a brand new gloss black paint job, gram light T57-RC wheels with bfg drag radials on all 4 corners, wilwood brake kit all new brake lines,VIS carbon fiber hood,JIC coilover kit, all brand new polyurethane bushings throughout the frame of the car

Engine- to start off it has a fully built 2.3 stroker 4g63, it has an eagle crank, crower rods, ross pistons 8.5:1compression, ams race head 1mm oversized valves, ported, hks 272 cams, arp studs and bolts in the hole motor, balance shaft eliminator kit, it has all brand new rockers, lifters, dual springs and valvetrain parts, fidanza adjustable cam gears, it has a busher racing coil on plug kit with an msd box, power enterprise timing belt, clear cam gear cover

Turbo Kit- ams gt37r turbokit, tubular manifold, tial 44mm wastegate (custom blow down tube atmosphere dump), tial bov, buscher racing race fmic, 3" piping.
ams vsr twin rail polished intake manifold with accufab 75mm mustang tb
it has a thermal research 3" turbo back exhaust

Fuel System: walboro 255 intank pump, feeds ams surge tank in trunk, walboro 290 external inline pumps, feeds the twin fuel rails, 2 sets of 880cc injectors ( first rail only runs until 7psi for good idle and part throttle)
two rails Y back into 1 into the regulator and one return line back to the surge tank

Drivetrain- Sheppard Dog Box (had a 5th gear added to it for driving on the street), Tilton engineering 7.25" carbon fiber clutch, Sheppard transfer case, Drive Shaft Shop 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, 4 bolt rear end, DSS level 5 rear axles (good for 900+hp, DSS level 5 front axles good for 900+hp,

Extra- it has a nx direct port nitrous kit, nx bottle heater, nx electric bottle opener, also and a koyo radiator, 12" puller fan and 10" pusher fan, 91 oil filter housing w/ air to air oil cooler mounted in front bumper, AEM computer, tuned at ams. the car has never over heated or anything.

it has 3 different tunes to go with the car

pump gas street friendly tune- makes 21psi and makes 423awhp for Daily driving if you wanted

Race gas w/ no nitrous- makes 38psi and makes 680awhp, it is the strongest 680awhp car i have ever driven in my life.

Race gas w/ nitrous -makes 33psi and a 100 shot of nitrous it makes 750awhp. it makes more power than the race gas with no nitrous through the hole graph.

other- the car has about 3k miles on it since i picked it up 1k of it being highway miles driving the car from chicago illinois to pensacola florida, i personally have not sprayed the car, the only people that sprayed the car was ams on the dyno and a little on the street to check the tune.

It is basically a brand new car there is not one original piece that came on the car except for the body itself

Negatives- No A/C (thats all)

the car uses VP import for Race gas.

i have a 54 gallon drum of race gas i will throw in if the car is bought, and about 40 quarts of ams oil 20w50.

i am located in houston texas

either give me a call 850-529-3571 or pm me if anyone is interested.

thanks,
David Lazear

i have not ran the car at the track on racegas and everything but when i picked the car up ams estimated it to be around 9.6-9.7 at 145-150mph in the quarter mile

i will also trade the car for a newer truck or i would love to trade for a trailblazer ss

Last edited by stripes1987; 04-05-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Launching!

bump bump
Old 04-06-2008, 03:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got any pics
Old 04-06-2008, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Damn nice car and drives well for what it is,best looking 1g that I have seen.

Some vids of the car in action.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...223&highlight=
Old 04-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Staging Lane

damn nice but 30g?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by polen21
damn nice but 30g?

ive got over 50k in it and it only has had like 3k miles since the build.

im loosing my *** anyways from loosing 20k to begin with
Old 04-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by canada4g63
got any pics
Ditto.

damn nice but 30g?
Ditto again. I've owned 10 of these over the last 12 years. Some heavily modded, some not. The last 1g I sold about 2 yrs ago went for 9500. Yours is hands down one of the nicest I've seen and EXTREMELY well built no doubt. But 30g for a 1G is going to be damn near impossible to pull off. I would be willing to bet that even getting 20g for it would be hard. But I wish you the best of luck!! I've actually been getting the itch again (bad) for another 1g toy
Old 04-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Hate to questions peoples asking price, but 30gs is out of the question, considering you can get a fully built EVO for that
Old 04-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Good luck on the sale I don't even wanna know how much I have in my dsm. Just like most it's sitting in the garage waiting to put the 2.3 that's been on the engine stand for the past few months.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

You will never get that kind of money for it ever

Eric from AMS with the white drag talon couldnt even get close to that, and that was a AMS personaly built car..

ive got over 50k in it and it only has had like 3k miles since the build
50K and your car is only making 750whp on spray? And only 680whp on boost?????

Theres a 1000whp 2G built with less money into it than that
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

had a buddy who was over 1000 awhp and had around 30k in it. Got reciepts to show where you spent 50k?
Old 04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Launching!

had a buddy who was over 1000 awhp and had around 30k in it. Got reciepts to show where you spent 50k?
yes sir i certainly do have reciepts for it all. i guess nobody wants the car
Old 04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

try dsmtuners.com
Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Teching In

no way..ive seen fully built drag dsm's go for less..clean looking car but not 30k clean
Old 04-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Bump for David.

I watched this car progress from the day it entered AutoMotoSports. It arrived shortly after I started working for the company. First of, the chassis was and is immaculate. Never has every bolt come out so easy (and believe me, most of them have been out on this build). Not a spot of rust. No expense was spared, and everything was done right on this car. Eric Jones, the primary technician of this build, is an absolute perfectionist. I strapped the car onto the dyno personally, and helped get some of the video we sent David to show him the car's progression. His power claims are accurate. There is no doubt in my mind that this car is worth 30K. It is build to be very fast, but also very reliable. This 4G63 was built by experts, there is no doubt about that. The car has a beautiful interior as well, rare in a car with such power. As I said, well worth the 30K, hope to see it land in good hands!
Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Teching In

Are There Any Pics Of The Car???

Last edited by dsmtrance; 04-09-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dizy
Bump for David.

I watched this car progress from the day it entered AutoMotoSports. It arrived shortly after I started working for the company. First of, the chassis was and is immaculate. Never has every bolt come out so easy (and believe me, most of them have been out on this build). Not a spot of rust. No expense was spared, and everything was done right on this car. Eric Jones, the primary technician of this build, is an absolute perfectionist. I strapped the car onto the dyno personally, and helped get some of the video we sent David to show him the car's progression. His power claims are accurate. There is no doubt in my mind that this car is worth 30K. It is build to be very fast, but also very reliable. This 4G63 was built by experts, there is no doubt about that. The car has a beautiful interior as well, rare in a car with such power. As I said, well worth the 30K, hope to see it land in good hands!

I have a full understanding of who eric is, and AMS because my car had all its work done there.

And I hope labor isnt being counted into this 50K spent..Labor means nothing at all when it comes to a sale..

Good luck with everything though bump for a DSM
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Bump for David.

No offense but seems like this guy just joined to up your car. Can you put numbers behind your list of parts to show prices? If you ever have a car you got 50g in its best to show it sells easier
Old 04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Slick: Wasn't saying you didn't, just making it clear to those who don't know AMS that the car was built with great care by people who really know their 4G63's.

Polen: I've lurked for a long time, but since I've got a bit of an attachment to this car, just though I'd up it for David.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Slick: Wasn't saying you didn't, just making it clear to those who don't know AMS that the car was built with great care by people who really know their 4G63's.

Polen: I've lurked for a long time, but since I've got a bit of an attachment to this car, just though I'd up it for David.
didnt ams build that 8 sec evo?

Quick Reply: 91 AMS fully built talon fs