Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Do not take your vette to this guy Howards Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do not take your vette to this guy Howards Corvettes

Copied from Soul Tkr:

I know a lot of you have had great experience with these guys or praise them for this and that... but I must say, I'm not impressed one single bit...

and I'll say from the get go, I wasn't even the customer...

My friend called me up today as he needed a ride to go pick up his corvette z06 from Howards Corvettes in Mesa...

Backstory:

He just bought this car a week or so ago, well after purchasing it, it got the notorious crack on both sides of the car underneath the rocker panels from someone previously not jacking the car up properly.

(and I'll try and make this story as short as possible)

well, after searching the different forums and talking to a lot of other vette guys, he decided to see what this Howards Corvette place was all about as he is extremely meticulous about the way people treat his vette and didn't want to just take it anywhere... so he calls up Howard, explains whats going on, of which Howard seemed to be pretty familiar with and took his car in... my buddy (who will remain nameless as of now, unless he decides to chime in, i'll leave that up to him) told Howard that he had a max amount of $1300 he could spend to fix the car... Howard said to bring it in, he'll take a look at it and let him know... So my friend brings in his car... well, fast forward about a day or so... Howard calls him up and says it would cost $2000 to fix... first of all... that's about 2.5 times what any other shop would charge. Fine, we get that, this guy knows corvettes and takes care of them... ok... personally, we both didn't agree that his so called corvette "godness" was worth 2.5 times what many other reputable shops would charge to fix this, but whatever, that's neither here nor there... Previously to this phone call Howard told my buddy that before taking a look at the car, he would let him know how much the "look" would cost before he did anything... well, of course, that didn't happen... good 'ole Howard decided to just start pulling stuff apart on his own accord... well, during the phone call telling my buddy it would cost $2000 to fix, he also said there was 2 hours of work involved.

My friend didn't say much at this point... and just said we'd be over to pick it up. The whole time driving there, he was expressing how he felt wronged in two ways...

1. He never got a call before Howard decided to start pulling stuff off the car looking for the extent of the damage... (basically not giving him ANY heads up on a quote, time it would take etc...)

2. And I agree with this one... Howard basically pulled off the wheel, the wheel well lining, and the z06 brake duct... ok now who here really believes that takes two hours? Howard quoted him $150 for this... at the point of pick up...

sooooooooo..... and this is the good part....

My buddy shakes Howards hand, and Howard says....

"well, I've still got 2 hours of work on this"

my friend said... "come'on Howard, did this really take you two hours"?

Howard: "What the **** you think I do this for my health?" Take your ******* car and get the **** out of here you ******* ****... your a ******* car salesman is what you are. You piece of ****!"

My buddy: "Howard, I'll pay you some money, I'd just like to negotiate with you about the two hours"

Howard: "take your car and get the **** out of my shop! I don't need your ******* money! Your so ******* poor but yet you drive a corvette?" Get the **** out of here you ******* cracker"

what's funny is my friend isn't even black... dunno where Howard was going with that...

at this point I'm walking back to my car while my friend is pulling his vette off the lift... I had my video camera with me the whole time and had it recording (unfortunately after the argument took place) just in case there were some crow bars thrown or anything... I was seriously waiting for something to happen... glad nothing ever did...

so the point is, my friend was nice and just trying to work stuff out, yet Howard didn't even give him the chance to talk about it... instead he immediatly flew off the handle and started cussing him out like a ******* sailor! COMPLETELY uncalled for! I was just the guy standing there witnessing all this and I left pissed the hell off! I would NEVER EVER EVER take my car to someone like that! What a ******* *******! Besides being a customer or not... you don't talk to somebody like that for no good reason. He's got some serious issues... I plan on posting this on every local az vette forum I can find and I hope he reads this...
Old 11-13-2008, 01:44 AM
11 Second Club

your friend isnt black... that makes no sense. if he is black he would be a nigg-er... if he is white he would be crack-er...

but now that, I made that clear...

yeah thats very odd.. I guess the guy just snapped...

edit: if I get in trouble for saying the N word, then we live in a communist nation btw...
Old 11-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a jerk off.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wow. he is an *******. punch him in the face and charge him 2 hours. he should be paying your buddy for wasting his time.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cracker= white, you freakin ****!

That sucks man. Call the Better Buisness Bureau, tell them what happened.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
your friend isnt black... that makes no sense. if he is black he would be a nigg-er... if he is white he would be crack-er...

but now that, I made that clear...

yeah thats very odd.. I guess the guy just snapped...

edit: if I get in trouble for saying the N word, then we live in a communist nation btw...
I was laughing at that part combined with the **** part.

Black ****'s! The benefit of electing a black prez is that even the **** party accepts new members.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

sounds like someone needs some therapy...
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

I think businesses are getting desperate these days with the economy and all...they may start charging you for walking in the door these days. What I hate about body shops is that the avg rate is 44 an hour but some things just dont take that long to do yet they will bill you the time the book says it takes....no breaks.
Tell em its a Corvette and their hips start moving in a humping motion cuz you fixin to get screwwwwwwed.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Banned

discrimination
Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jmoody66
I think businesses are getting desperate these days with the economy and all...they may start charging you for walking in the door these days. What I hate about body shops is that the avg rate is 44 an hour but some things just dont take that long to do yet they will bill you the time the book says it takes....no breaks.
Tell em its a Corvette and their hips start moving in a humping motion cuz you fixin to get screwwwwwwed.

This is true.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like someone missed their nap.
No milk and cookies for you.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh jesus, in come the politics.

Quick Reply: Do not take your vette to this guy Howards Corvettes