Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is he a lawyer? don't matter, you have a RIGHT to have questions asked towards the credibility of the citing officer in your defense... INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a jealous, douchebag cop. What else is new...
Old 11-18-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Duffster
is he a lawyer? don't matter, you have a RIGHT to have questions asked towards the credibility of the citing officer in your defense... INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty.
I was just asking cuz the look like real good question
Old 11-18-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Regular

Damn sorry to hear that Junior, but fight dog, and get your ride back. We need that beautiful car out, so they wont do **** to it while its inside.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

You should go to the station and make a report to Internal Affairs.They are a department in the police station who handle bad cops and make sure they are doing their jobs properly.If other people have made similar complaints about the officer who ticketed you, the cop could possibly be suspended from work or even fired. And it also might help to get your car out. I am a Justice and Law major so I know a thing or two.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Interlizer130
You should go to the station and make a report to Internal Affairs.They are a department in the police station who handle bad cops and make sure they are doing their jobs properly.If other people have made similar complaints about the officer who ticketed you, the cop could possibly be suspended from work or even fired. And it also might help to get your car out. I am a Justice and Law major so I know a thing or two.
You dont have to be a justice and law major to post what u just said...just watch any cop show or movie...hell, even watch The Departed they had a great IA department
Old 11-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Teching In

something seems to be missing from this story.....they have to have a reason for it to be impounded did you have outstanding unpaid tickets, warrent, etc... they cant just decide they dont llike you (discrimination laws). it just seems fishy i used to be a cop and theres a TON of rules you have to obey in order to impound a car, least there is in vegas i duno about there, but somthing seemed jacked
Old 11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kuruptedws6
**** south gate pd
**** yea!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ConElite
I dont mean to be a dick but you never stated weather or not you were doing something you were not suppose to be doing.

I know if I didnt do anything wrong and the cop for no reason wants to tow my car Im not going out of that car. I'd rather have him arrest me then tow it, Then when you go to court when you fight it, and win, it looks horrible on a cops record. And Trust the drama a cop has to go through with calling for back up and then all the paper work for taking someone in.
yea but i have stuff to do like WORK and not b in jail...
Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rice reaper
something seems to be missing from this story.....they have to have a reason for it to be impounded did you have outstanding unpaid tickets, warrent, etc... they cant just decide they dont llike you (discrimination laws). it just seems fishy i used to be a cop and theres a TON of rules you have to obey in order to impound a car, least there is in vegas i duno about there, but somthing seemed jacked
no no no u dont get me this cop is a dick tell the guys from gm legacy he gives tickets to a couple of them every other week for dumb **** like having loudmusic and they dont even have speakers or tinted window and they dont have tinted windows and he never appears in court from what i herd ,he just told me that he and his Buddie seen me over on the other side of the tracks burning out and u cant even see over the tracks and if i was speeding were he pulled me over i would of smashed him going 30 bc he pulled all fast in front of me ,another thing shouldnt he have called for back up if he seen me going 30 in a 25 and pull me over like 7 blocks away from were it happen ??....idk but **** him!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not really JT, officers in particular areas of L.A. (South Gate, Downey, Gardena, Huntington Park) are very biased about muscle/ricer cars. Chances are that you will get pulled over just to check you for warrants, valid license, and mods.

Granted that the OP hasn't actually stated if he did or didn't do something to upset them, so that leads me to believe that he may have done something wrong. These are areas that you do not want to mess around in, everyone who lives in those areas KNOWS this, and doing so is simply asking for trouble.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Launching!

Exibition of speed is actually a misdemeanor offense, and I'm sure you wont like this but I truely doubt the officer made up the charge just to take your car. This is usally an instance where you would simply recieve a citation and promise to appear in court to face the charge, which most likely would only result in a fine and or 2 points on your driving record.....

Perhaps he has seen you driving in a like manner before and just decided to teach you a lesson. Or he got a little carried away and abused his power, either way you have little recourse and I seriouly doubt you'll beat the charge or recieve and compensation for your time and trouble. Just my opinion as someone who knows
Old 11-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand the Impound thing..They usually take the car if you are drunk, have drugs or going excessively over the speed limit, no, yes? Exibition of speed is usually just an expensive ticket like mroverkill said
Old 11-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Sorry to here about your loss but they can't take your car away for going only 5mph over the limit there had to be another reason. Did he cite you for burning out b/c thats the only way he could have impounded your car w/ a 30 day hold.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by So*CalWS6
Sorry to here about your loss but they can't take your car away for going only 5mph over the limit there had to be another reason. Did he cite you for burning out b/c thats the only way he could have impounded your car w/ a 30 day hold.
the only thing on that is says on the tickit is exabition of speed and 30 on a safe 25
Old 11-18-2008, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

op are you CRAZY? YOU could've killed somebody going that fast LMAO

sorry to hear of your trouble... Don't think all cops are bad because of this dick head... I've actually met a few cool ones.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
op are you CRAZY? YOU could've killed somebody going that fast LMAO

sorry to hear of your trouble... Don't think all cops are bad because of this dick head... I've actually met a few cool ones.
yea sorry to say its true i have a few cop friends and they told me i got the biggest dick of south gate pd
Old 11-18-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

check out this link i found http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32254

read post #3, lots of good info on this
Old 11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

I just spoke with the Captin of the sgpd and he told me i can try to get my father to try to get my car back bc his name is also on the registration...PEOPLE PRAY I GET MY CAR BACK!!
Old 11-18-2008, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

A friend of mine got his car taken away for no license. Car was under his fathers name but when they used that excuse they told them so you're saying he took the car without u knowing? so you're pressing charges for theft? needless to say the car staid for 30 days.

Quick Reply: Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!