Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by transambandit
Your not listening, the only way to get your car back before the 30 days is an auto detective has to release it, if they wont release it then you request an impound hearing, then you go in front of the judge and explain what happened, and if the cop truly didnt see you, only heard you then there is no way he can impound your ride.
It sounds like his dad had the impound hearing with the watch commander and was denied.

Ryph
Old 11-19-2008, 06:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your not listening, the only way to get your car back before the 30 days is an auto detective has to release it, if they wont release it then you request an impound hearing, then you go in front of the judge and explain what happened, and if the cop truly didnt see you, only heard you then there is no way he can impound your ride.
you know as well as i know they can make up whatever they want when it comes to traffic matters and its your word against theirs, sorry that has been my experience, and its sad because it gives the good honest cops out there a bad name.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Is a specific section violation used? usually marked by (a) (b) (c)

23109 is a speed contest citation, and you said you were marked 30mph in a 25mph, so where the vehicle does not exceed the speed limits, is not a speed contest.

Either way you would have to put up the bail amount before you can take this to trial. Depending on the sub code, it can be anywhere from $1,000-$10,000

How do you know it is criminal? the citations usually specify only TRAFFIC or NON-TRAFFIC.
Traffic, Non-traffic, or Misdemeanor all 23109 violations are misdemeanor.

with a misdemeanor, you don't have to put up "bail" like on a traffic violation before trial. you pay the fine after you are found guilty.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Juiced
Traffic, Non-traffic, or Misdemeanor all 23109 violations are misdemeanor.

with a misdemeanor, you don't have to put up "bail" like on a traffic violation before trial. you pay the fine after you are found guilty.
yea thats true
Old 11-19-2008, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

dude if that is the case, and he has no proof that you where doing that, **** that *******, i would do everything in my power to get my **** out, dude my homie got his **** impounded and the ticket was never filed, plus 5mph over the speed limit, give me a break!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1sick68
dude if that is the case, and he has no proof that you where doing that, **** that *******, i would do everything in my power to get my **** out, dude my homie got his **** impounded and the ticket was never filed, plus 5mph over the speed limit, give me a break!!!!
yea tomarrow im going to the court again and going to fight it bcuz the ticket wasnt on file yet
Old 11-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
You dont have to be a justice and law major to post what u just said...just watch any cop show or movie...hell, even watch The Departed they had a great IA department
Dont belive everything you see in the movies!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryphraph
It sounds like his dad had the impound hearing with the watch commander and was denied.

Ryph
You cant have an impound hearing with a watch commander, they have no authority over the impound once its done without detective approval, an impound hearing is with the courts and they have the ability to waive the fees and release a vehicle early. It has nothing to do with the PD at this point it has to do with the courts.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

You cant have an impound hearing with a watch commander, they have no authority over the impound once its done without detective approval, an impound hearing is with the courts and they have the ability to waive the fees and release a vehicle early. It has nothing to do with the PD at this point it has to do with the courts.
Depends on if the PD has it's own impound yard. They do where I work and the WC is the one who does the hearing.

The judge wouldn't hear any evidence about the citation in an impound hearing in any case.

As far as I know the only reason for a 30 day hold is driving on a suspended license/no insurance.

Ryph
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ryphraph
Depends on if the PD has it's own impound yard. They do where I work and the WC is the one who does the hearing.

The judge wouldn't hear any evidence about the citation in an impound hearing in any case.

As far as I know the only reason for a 30 day hold is driving on a suspended license/no insurance.

Ryph
You can do it for DUI and for racing or exhibition of speed, we have our own impound lots and the only way that it can be released before the 30 days is a detective or an impound hearing. Everyone has an option for an impound hearing, its part of court proceedings.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

this gives you information on what an impound hearing is.http://www.cityofirvine.org/ipd/divi...%20hearing.pdf
Old 11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Staging Lane

You can do it for DUI and for racing or exhibition of speed, we have our own impound lots and the only way that it can be released before the 30 days is a detective or an impound hearing. Everyone has an option for an impound hearing, its part of court proceedings.
I don't think we have the whole story. I don't see a car getting put on a 30 day hold for a flimsy burn-out. Even dick cops tend not to double dip stuff like this. In any case, the registered owner (dad) would be able to get the car through an impound hearing. However, that usually requires the driver to become licesned/insured if that is what caused the 30 day hold.

Ryph
Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

this gives you information on what an impound hearing is.http://www.cityofirvine.org/ipd/divi...%20hearing.pdf

Here is ours...

http://www.ci.claremont.ca.us/ps.veh...ty.cfm?ID=1872

Ryph
Old 11-20-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Interlizer130
Dont belive everything you see in the movies!
Word!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, here's how you get your car back. IF YOU HAVE THE TITLE (paid off)

sell that bitch to a friend... for like $500 (something low for tax purposes)... have them go register it (pending smog of course) they will then have registration in their name. They will then have to pay the "police release" which is attainable at the PD that towed it (usually around $120). Take the release AND the registration to the impound and pay the fee's to date and YOU NOW HAVE YOUR CAR BACK. Of course he'll have to sell it back and you'll have to smog and rereg it but sometimes it makes sense moneywise and you dont have to wait 30 days!

now before ya'll go callin bullshit, just back up as I've personally done this 2 times with a buddy who tends to get DUI's without Insurance!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt
ok, here's how you get your car back. IF YOU HAVE THE TITLE (paid off)

sell that bitch to a friend... for like $500 (something low for tax purposes)... have them go register it (pending smog of course) they will then have registration in their name. They will then have to pay the "police release" which is attainable at the PD that towed it (usually around $120). Take the release AND the registration to the impound and pay the fee's to date and YOU NOW HAVE YOUR CAR BACK. Of course he'll have to sell it back and you'll have to smog and rereg it but sometimes it makes sense moneywise and you dont have to wait 30 days!

now before ya'll go callin bullshit, just back up as I've personally done this 2 times with a buddy who tends to get DUI's without Insurance!

Theres a hole in your logic, the hole is that its a 30 day hold, doesnt matter if the registration is transfered or not, it will stay in for 30 days meaning a 1300 impound fee.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Theres a hole in your logic, the hole is that its a 30 day hold, doesnt matter if the registration is transfered or not, it will stay in for 30 days meaning a 1300 impound fee.
nah im having a impound hearing today at 7 pm
Old 11-20-2008, 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its not logic... its been done.. tried and true! TWICE!

they cant impound the NEW owners car (he didnt due anything)... please dont talk about something you havent done.

thanks
Old 11-20-2008, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

like I said... been done TWICE on no insurance/DUI 30 day holds... out in less than a few days
Old 11-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Thepheroe
nah im having a impound hearing today at 7 pm
good luck to you

Quick Reply: Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!