Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

"GM: We Made Bad Cars — Sorry"...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
Ill agree on the window motors I have/had a 98 Grand AM(GT) and the motors are slower then my 20$ RC car motors, my birds window is ******* up now to whic really pisses me off, **** GM's eletric motor.

**** the 10 bolt

**** the fli up head light gears

thats about it everything else I like

Oh wait the SHITTY *** SOUND SYSTEM!
ya i had a 96 camaro for 11 years, and i have this 2k ss now and you would think GM would have spent a few, a FEW extra bucks to improve the window motors... but no
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Teching In

I deal with all type of cars every day there is no car that is perfect I own a camaro by choice and love it yes it has it proplems so does every other car im not going to bash my car
Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well GM was deffinitly behind from 90's-2005 at least the motor and tranny the most important part of these cars are strong and reliable! If you kept you car stock the 10bolt would be fine too! Why are people complaining about the 4th gen f-body when its been one of the best bang for the buck!
Old 12-08-2008, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only problem ive ever had on mine is replacing drl bulbs once,1 foglight,1 stoplight. all bulb problems. other than that car is perfect
Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys, if you don't like GM or it's cars, go buy a Camry and like it !!!

GM deserves to be helped out, and this is the first time in 100 years they've asked for help. The executives, I agree 100%, don't deserve a nickel because they're running an icon of American industry into the ground and laughing all the way to the bank. They're way is paved by putting hard working engineers, technicians, and laborers out on the street. The engineering in GM is absolutely top notch, but it's the most mismanaged company on the planet. We might not be in this situation now if guys like John Delorean and Ross Perot had been given their due. GM has already put thousands of people out of work because of management's carelessness, let's not let another million go out of work or screw 500,000 retired workers out of the pension they earned.

Over the past 5 years, GM's cars have earned a lot of praise. Most recently, the Saturn Aura, Chevy Malibu, and Cadillac CTS have all been praised for being leaders in their class.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Launching!

Angry Here we go!

You guys are all over the place. 1. Don't hear you whinerts whining when the cute blonde with the tight butt comes over and asked if you would give her a ride! 2. I'm sure we have the engineers to develope quality vehicles, but can't build them. Kinda like payback for the unions bending them over all these years. Hard to make quality products when the money is going in to the guy's(or girls) pocket who is tightening two bumper bolts for $57.00 an hour!! 3, camaro's could be built with the same quality as the corvette, but then again, it would cost $47,000, base model. Has GM been mismanaged? Hell yes. Should they pay for it, will it change the past? Should they be held responsible from this point forward? Of course.
Long live GM........................oh by the way, where did the oldsmobiles go??
Old 12-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Ps that gm that put thousands outa work, also employed them first!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formulated

GM deserves to be helped out, and this is the first time in 100 years they've asked for help. The executives, I agree 100%, don't deserve a nickel because they're running an icon of American industry into the ground and laughing all the way to the bank. They're way is paved by putting hard working engineers, technicians, and laborers out on the street. The engineering in GM is absolutely top notch, but it's the most mismanaged company on the planet. We might not be in this situation now if guys like John Delorean and Ross Perot had been given their due. GM has already put thousands of people out of work because of management's carelessness, let's not let another million go out of work or screw 500,000 retired workers out of the pension they earned.

Over the past 5 years, GM's cars have earned a lot of praise. Most recently, the Saturn Aura, Chevy Malibu, and Cadillac CTS have all been praised for being leaders in their class.
100% agreed.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Playing Devil's Advocate, but if you remember correctly, the 4th gen f-body was not considered the best bang for the buck sports car when it came out.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

bah! GM or no GM i still love my pos C5!

GM > *
Old 12-09-2008, 01:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Playing Devil's Advocate, but if you remember correctly, the 4th gen f-body was not considered the best bang for the buck sports car when it came out.
very true if i remember correctly back in 00 when my pops bought a brand new 01 gmc sierra fully loaded there was a black trans am ws.6 in the showroom and they wanted a lil over 33k for it, so it wasnt that cheap as far as pricing went.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I swear there are alot of Marxists on this site, "Screw the CEO's, all for the proletariat!" WTF??!!
I would like to see GM get the loan and pay it off, but hearing about the 'Car czar' scares me. I would rather GM go under than see the government have a part in its running. Government just keeps getting bigger and bigger. We don't need them in our cars.
Oh well if GM goes under then Ill just buy old cars or fords.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
i vote you be removed from the list. sell your car to a appreciative person and buy a shitstang. the cars were budget go fast machines, not ******* luxury cars with gobs of goodies.

just to debunk your whole list
my 99ss
155k miles, orig motor and a4 trans and rear end,
13.0 at 107 lid and catback.
27 mph hwy and was still running strong the day it was totatled.

never had 1 problem with the car, not 1, replcaed the battery and tires and brakes, and drove it weekly to the strip cutting low 1.7 60's on dr's
I vote you to be the luckiest person ever.... this is the **** im talking about. GM could have given us a bit more quality. How hard it is to get a reliable window motor. Not to mention the T/A panels crack because of a GM design.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Formulated

Look, they are a corporation. We own a construction company, i doubt they will give me money for our company giving shitty service.... I hate the idea of giving my tax money to companies who are not going to succeed.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
Look, they are a corporation. We own a construction company, i doubt they will give me money for our company giving shitty service.... I hate the idea of giving my tax money to companies who are not going to succeed.
GM alone spent around 5 billion in 2007 just in advertising. They sold something like 70 million vehicles worldwide that year. They employ like 250,000 people around the world in I think 30+ countries.

Your company isn't ****.

You'd rather they don't exist and leave all those people unemployed?

Unfortunately, if you went under nobody would notice. If GM goes under, the world and our economy suffers greatly.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I vote you to be the luckiest person ever.... this is the **** im talking about. GM could have given us a bit more quality. How hard it is to get a reliable window motor. Not to mention the T/A panels crack because of a GM design.
Doesn't your car have like 150k+ miles on it?

Stop complaining.

You sound just like an import fan-boy who hates GM.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hmm wierd. Of the things listed the tranny has only given me problems. but thats expected from a H/C/N20 car on a stock tranny. After getting that built, the car is great. the factory stuff is holding up better than most my aftermarket stuff. and putting down over 500 RWHP on only a 100 shot, my rear has had 0 problems. I think these cars are great. The fact stands though, that GM is mismanaged. should they go bankrupt? definitely not
Old 12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
I swear there are alot of Marxists on this site, "Screw the CEO's, all for the proletariat!" WTF??!!
I would like to see GM get the loan and pay it off, but hearing about the 'Car czar' scares me. I would rather GM go under than see the government have a part in its running. Government just keeps getting bigger and bigger. We don't need them in our cars.
Oh well if GM goes under then Ill just buy old cars or fords.
IN defense of the CEO"s, when you are going to be heading one of the biggest companies in the world, what do you expect them to make 100k or less? I mean be realistic.

Anyone talking about GM's quality issues needs to take a look at the past 3-4 years. I think they've made a huge turnaround. They've been ranked ahead of most of the previous leaders. Of course I could be mistaken. I don't honestly believe their cars are bad nowadays.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
LoL, I love GM and think they deserve to be bailed out as well. The negative impact I feel of them going under would be to great. And I think considering that they've been around since 1908 puttin bread and butter on alot of hard working Americans dinner tables stands for something.

And alot of people are going under, it's just the times we're in.

And to add to that list:

Con's-

Opti went bad after 120k
Water pump went bad after 80k
Trans went bad after 110k
Blew a head gasket after 100k
Power steering pump after 140k
Ignition cylinder after 120k
Driver side window motor after 90k
Diff after 110k

Pro's

Destroyed countless late model Mustang GT's, Mach 1's, Evo's, STI's and hung with some street bikes that are either rated at more hp, or cost 2 to 3 times as much as my Camaro

Proud of the fact that I didn't switch up to the next best thing, just cuz it was in style

Have used and abused, and maintained my F Body for 5 plus years as a daily driver.

Learned something bout myself, and my camaro every time she breaks, everytime me or the guys pick up a wrench, and everytime she gets right back up.

GM guy for life....

I fail to see those as CONs..

Those arent really that bad.. Geez most of those are over 100K miles... Thats not GM, thats almost every car...
Old 12-09-2008, 07:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
ya i had a 96 camaro for 11 years, and i have this 2k ss now and you would think GM would have spent a few, a FEW extra bucks to improve the window motors... but no
GM didn't paint color-matched hinges on C5(?) Vettes to save a few cents per car produced. What do you expect?

Originally Posted by nz12's
2. I'm sure we have the engineers to develope quality vehicles, but can't build them. Kinda like payback for the unions bending them over all these years. Hard to make quality products when the money is going in to the guy's(or girls) pocket who is tightening two bumper bolts for $57.00 an hour!! 3, camaro's could be built with the same quality as the corvette, but then again, it would cost $47,000, base model. Has GM been mismanaged? Hell yes. Should they pay for it, will it change the past? Should they be held responsible from this point forward? Of course.
Long live GM........................oh by the way, where did the oldsmobiles go??
2. Let's use a fairly famous GM car as an example. John Delorean was the designer. He wanted it to be sleek and sporty, on a sporty chassis. Instead it was placed on a shitty boat chassis by GM and redesigned around the boat chassis just to save money. Needless to say, Mr. Delorean was not happy about that - but what could he do? He was just a "designer".

3. Another issue. Corvette is Chevy's top dog. Nothing can be better than the Corvette. Don't ask questions. Just sit down and shut up.

Everyone makes mistakes.

Originally Posted by Finite1
Anyone talking about GM's quality issues needs to take a look at the past 3-4 years. I think they've made a huge turnaround. They've been ranked ahead of most of the previous leaders. Of course I could be mistaken. I don't honestly believe their cars are bad nowadays.
They have indeed improved greatly, but a big problem is most of the GM cars on the road (the ones that people see every day) are the low-quality vehicles that GM has been producing for over 95% of it's life, and GM hasn't been advertising/showing off their newfound quality as much as they could be. Ford managed to make a good turnaround. GM will have to do the same.

Quick Reply: "GM: We Made Bad Cars — Sorry"...