Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Those who have ran et streets come in!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theyre not worth a damn on the street unless you get em really hot....i used to run a 28 inch et street on mine for a little bit...even at 10 lbs on the street if i didnt get em hot enugh id spin through third...but once they are hot and you roll back intoy our own rubber, they work very well... on the track the et streets are great, but on the street et radials work the best for me...
Old 12-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SUCK MY SS
theyre not worth a damn on the street unless you get em really hot....i used to run a 28 inch et street on mine for a little bit...even at 10 lbs on the street if i didnt get em hot enugh id spin through third...but once they are hot and you roll back intoy our own rubber, they work very well... on the track the et streets are great, but on the street et radials work the best for me...
Yah im guessing they will work nice on the track, guess ill have to wait till my nittos are done, then ill proly get some hoosier drag radials...
Old 12-15-2008, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04cobra13
Yah im guessing they will work nice on the track, guess ill have to wait till my nittos are done, then ill proly get some hoosier drag radials...
Ive had QTPs and ET streets and the streets rule over all.

a drag radial will never compare to a et street or et drag.
you're just not using them right.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jermzz

a drag radial will never compare to a et street or et drag.
you're just not using them right.
on what kind of car are we talking about here....
are you referring to street or track?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

you need to get some skinnys if not you will be weaving the whole way down
Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

on what kind of car are we talking about here....
are you referring to street or track?
street cars, like the one in the video of this thread doing burnouts on et streets on the street.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

so how would you go about using them right?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i run 26x11.5 and i can tell u that is what is called lane walk....

i drove mine around for a whole week on normal tires up front and even under normal drive the car wobbled side to side and cruise speeds around 35-60mph

u can run tubes in them if u want but that will only help it wont cure the issue.

u will have to get bias ply skinnies up front, since the sidewalls on et streets are very soft and the bias ply skinnies up front will help balance out the problem. if that is not an option then i would stick to a drag radial.

consider this a warning man you do not want wobble at 120mph believe me i tried it and it feels like if u hit a crack on the street its all over. just my 2 cents...
Old 12-15-2008, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
you need to get some skinnys if not you will be weaving the whole way down
exactly what I've heard as well
Old 12-15-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i run regular radial skinnies up front and i have no wobble problems all the way to 130

it may be some suspension issue as well. I used to run regular street tires up front before switching to skinnies and it had abit of sway but wasnt all that bad.

My car actually drives nicer in drag trim with skinnies/ET streets with the shocks set soft than the car does in street trim with the 18/19" wheels and stiffer setting shocks
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

so how would you go about using them right?
I drove around a 28x11.5 slicks all the time when I drove my 427.

I'm quoting myself from another thread I was posting about suspension, tires and hvt a while back. Not a bad read actually, the whole thread is here. Suspension is most of it, but with slicks and VHT you CAN hook on completely stock suspension.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-launch-4.html

Originally Posted by Jermzz
...Once you have the suspension dialed in, throw those 10.5 x 16 Et streets back on your car. Drop those bitches to 11 psi (cold pressure. once you do a burnout you'll get 2 or 3 psi). Get some of that loved VHT trackbite everyones talking about. That stuff is awesome.

Here's what I do with it.

Get lined up. Pour a little puddle behind each tire. Roll back into it. Do a healthy 10 second breakstand on top of it. After your burnout make sure you let off the break and burnout about ten feet forward. Have a friend roll you back to the same spot you started. Do another small burnout but this time dont roll forward (this is to clean the debris off your tires from rolling last time)

At this point your tires should be hot and sticky as all hell (and clean!). I'd guess from your power level you should easily be able to drop at 3000 - 3500 rpm and stick like a mother.

Thats about the best I can help you. I guarantee you'll launch out hard if you do what I told you.

If you're not using VHT, loosen those puppies up to 12 psi, do a burnout, go back, do another burnout, go back and practice launching til you figure out what your car is capable of with the suspension / tire combo you have. A bias ply tire will always stick harder then a drag radial of the same calibur. If you're not using vht you really want the tires within 25 drgrees of the ground for optimal traction.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Teching In

I drove around a 28x11.5 slicks all the time when I drove my 427.

I'm quoting myself from another thread I was posting about suspension, tires and hvt a while back. Not a bad read actually, the whole thread is here. Suspension is most of it, but with slicks and VHT you CAN hook on completely stock suspension.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-launch-4.html

If you're not using VHT, loosen those puppies up to 12 psi, do a burnout, go back, do another burnout, go back and practice launching til you figure out what your car is capable of with the suspension / tire combo you have. A bias ply tire will always stick harder then a drag radial of the same calibur. If you're not using vht you really want the tires within 25 drgrees of the ground for optimal traction.
gREAT INFO THANX!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I havent driven on the ET's w/out skinnys, but its definately not any less wobbly. Atleast id hope its not anyworse, as both my cars were all over the place driving on the ETs. If im just crusing, not trying to get great 60's ill run them alot higher... like 18-20lbs. At the track 15-16lbs was the best so far, and a couple of times i didnt get them warm, car was all over. Got them nice and warm and she straightened right out.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 04cobra13
gREAT INFO THANX!
Don't worry! When I make it down there i'll be teaching you allllllllllllllll about it
Old 12-16-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy
i run 26x11.5 and i can tell u that is what is called lane walk....

i drove mine around for a whole week on normal tires up front and even under normal drive the car wobbled side to side and cruise speeds around 35-60mph

u can run tubes in them if u want but that will only help it wont cure the issue.

u will have to get bias ply skinnies up front, since the sidewalls on et streets are very soft and the bias ply skinnies up front will help balance out the problem. if that is not an option then i would stick to a drag radial.

consider this a warning man you do not want wobble at 120mph believe me i tried it and it feels like if u hit a crack on the street its all over. just my 2 cents...

This is more the case with et drags, not et streets. Et streets are dot approved and have a stiffer sidewall then et drags. Ive been on both and its a huge difference. On 28x11.5 et streets my car felt not much less stable then 315 drag radials. But on an et drag, I dont even feel like doing a freeway pass its so unstable. Ive been like 190 on the freeway on et streets.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^

In that video you posted was that your car running against the evo?? If so how was outcome?

Dude sexiness is et streets and et drags, will love it when I actually get a car to need them.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Launching!

This is more the case with et drags, not et streets. Et streets are dot approved and have a stiffer sidewall then et drags. Ive been on both and its a huge difference. On 28x11.5 et streets my car felt not much less stable then 315 drag radials. But on an et drag, I dont even feel like doing a freeway pass its so unstable. Ive been like 190 on the freeway on et streets.

im sure the et drags have the softest sidewall of their line up but the et streets are pretty soft as well. they will still wobble a bit and i wouldnt recomend that at all. thats why i use bias ply skinnies up front to prevent that and still advise everyone to do so also.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gangbang malloy
im sure the et drags have the softest sidewall of their line up but the et streets are pretty soft as well. they will still wobble a bit and i wouldnt recomend that at all. thats why i use bias ply skinnies up front to prevent that and still advise everyone to do so also.
Yeah, eh, I just put the wrong tire in the wrong place. The ET streets are the stiffer sidewall for sure and DOT approved. The Drags are not.

they are both soft though, correct, but it's a noticable difference.

The skinnies are also a good idea.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
^^^

In that video you posted was that your car running against the evo?? If so how was outcome?

Dude sexiness is et streets and et drags, will love it when I actually get a car to need them.
Well the track was short, MAYBE 1000 feet. He pulled off the line about a car - car and a half, then I was coming back but there wasn't enough room to catch him, he still had half a car on me. I believe he was at 550 - 580 awhp. and that thing hoooooks like a mother.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Launching!

run around 17-19lbs and when doing your burnout count the mississippies 1,2, and when you get to 3 just roll it out...to much of a burn out is not always a good thing

Quick Reply: Those who have ran et streets come in!!