Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Went to firebird last Friday

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96AZHAWK
I was out there as well and wanted to say hello but I just always saw your car in the lanes when I was lined up. Was your plate "NOT A TA"? I was also on street tires and was pulling a 2.0 sixty and luckily was still running a 12.9. Little bit different launching mine that is a stick. I also wish I had some better tires on that night to pull a better time or possibly a new personal best.
Ya, that was me. It wasn't until the end of the night that I started rolling into the throttle which helped a lot. Before that I was trying to see if doing a small burnout would help or not. Obviously it didn't, and by the time I was on to something the track closed. Oh well. My tires are nearing the end of their life and I expect that had the biggest impact on traction. Still had fun though.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

DAMN...... I have more mods trapping higher on . though on street tires and you run 12.2 very very nice !!!!! now im jealous :LOL:
Old 12-26-2008, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks. I am very happy with my runs. I was thinking of putting in a cam. But why mess with something that is really working good. Maybe now I will just give it a little juice to get in the high 11s and be happy with that.
And to think 2 months ago I was trying to sell this car for $9k. Thanks to all that passed on the sale. I am going to try to keep this car no mater what now.

Quick Reply: Went to firebird last Friday