Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Reverse Lights Are Not Working ??? Any Advice ....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Reverse Lights Are Not Working ??? Any Advice ....

I noticed the past month or two, when i put my car in reverse the lights wouldnt light up. So i would put my car in neutral and put it back in reverse after 2 or 3 times of doing that, they would come on. Now they wont come on at all when i reverse. I swapped out the bulbs with new ones already and that didnt fix it. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this fixed. Im trying to avoid gettin hit by someone because my lights are not working. thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by F.Rojas
I noticed the past month or two, when i put my car in reverse the lights wouldnt light up. So i would put my car in neutral and put it back in reverse after 2 or 3 times of doing that, they would come on. Now they wont come on at all when i reverse. I swapped out the bulbs with new ones already and that didnt fix it. Can someone point me in the right direction to get this fixed. Im trying to avoid gettin hit by someone because my lights are not working. thanks
Check the sensor in the middle of the passenger side of the tranny. Check the sensor and the wiring.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like its the switch on the tranny becareful... i dont know if its possible but since its not sensing u in reverse the reverse lockout might not work... but i forget if that is related
Old 12-30-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by beezer1519
sounds like its the switch on the tranny becareful... i dont know if its possible but since its not sensing u in reverse the reverse lockout might not work... but i forget if that is related
I don't think that will be a problem. IIRC when you do a T56 conversion, it's common practice to remove the reverse lockout solenoid and block it off with a freeze plug.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info gents...will take a look at it in the morning
Old 12-31-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Maybe this will help

Attached Thumbnails Reverse Lights Are Not Working ??? Any Advice ....-backuplights99camaro.jpg  
Old 12-31-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mine started being flaky after I did the 6 speed swap, turned out the backup light switch inside the tranny (where the shifter would hit it) was going out, i just unscrewed the one in there (i think 15mm) and screwed in a new one from autozone http://www.autozone.com/R,2479127/ve...ductDetail.htm 10 bucks later my lights work and everything is good to go
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

heres what it looks like

one plug right into it passenger side of the tranny
Old 12-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, thinks for the info...im have to get my car on lift and look underneath. Because my car is too low and it doesnt get high enough with a floor jack. I was trying to look earlier buy my y-pipe was in the way.

Quick Reply: Reverse Lights Are Not Working ??? Any Advice ....