Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any AZ Members Been Hassled for Lic. Plates/Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off.... the www.photoblocker.com stuff does not work (spray, reflective lenses, etc)... the blurry lenses when seen from angles work but they are not legal and you'll get pulled over if seen with one...

I agree with the first post... this is just a law made into effect to aid the money making traffic cameras that they have up now. I thought I could never hate a state more than I did with California, with all their laws and ****... but now AZ has surpassed it with the bullshit they are coming up with lately. All our rights are slowly going out the window...

land of the free my ***.... more like, land of the bend you over and take any income you make because they can...

on a side note... my GF is really pissed about this law... she can't have her ALUMNI license frame on her car anymore... i mean it might sound stupid, but she worked hard to get her degree and is proud of her accomplishments... but because some bozo in office wants to pass this ****, the simple things in life can no longer be enjoyed...
Old 01-08-2009, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

+1. I had to take mine off, now I just have the ASU license plate, since my reg expired this month. ADOT has always been like that though. I was hassled for the longest time about my insurance when I bought my first car here in AZ. I kept my previous insurance company (based in WA), but that wasn't good enough for them, so I had to transfer it to their AZ office.

I'm definately growing tired of all the bullsh!t you have to put up with here.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These so called laws of license plate frames wont last. Every guy you buy from a dealership " not a **** hole off arizona ave " car comes with a license plate frame usually black that goes around it advertiseing there name. I believe its come down to lazyness / the state is trying to make money since were in debt.

I personally run a clear plastic case over mine. But no problems yet but then again my car is sitting outside pissed off at me since the clutch and pressure plate are fried
Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yep, thats what the newspaper said. We're losing revenue and so this was to help boost our intake.

I'd imagine reputable dealers already know about this. I know for a fact that the Nissan dealer up the street from me (Earnhardt) has been switching out the old frames for new ones when people come in for service after explaining the new law.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Finite1
Yep, thats what the newspaper said. We're losing revenue and so this was to help boost our intake.
yea... because with this economy the everyday blue-collar has the money to waste on this bullshit... that's a good way to jump start things

******* Janet Napolitano...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

i heard the reason was because of all the different license plates that az offers, freedom, uof, asu, breast cancer, dback to name just a couple either way they are looking for more $ plain and simple, they dont want to be 43million in debt like cali !
Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah man well there are some real dumb asses out there that are ruining it for us. Those 16 year olds that got their LS1 as their first car and speed to excess and crash with all their friends in it. Ya know **** like that is what causes the rest of us to lose our freedom. I love cali there are so many loopholes the best part about living with a whole **** ton of tree huggers. But AZ with those speed trap cameras man I will never drive back to az for that ****, plus right now I am guessing they really want to find us Cali people to give tickets to.

I feel bad that you guys have to go through that crap, plus side is you guys have less strict emissions standards. Unless you are like and don't give a **** and will be looking for a "friendly" place.

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
first off.... the www.photoblocker.com stuff does not work (spray, reflective lenses, etc)... the blurry lenses when seen from angles work but they are not legal and you'll get pulled over if seen with one...

I agree with the first post... this is just a law made into effect to aid the money making traffic cameras that they have up now. I thought I could never hate a state more than I did with California, with all their laws and ****... but now AZ has surpassed it with the bullshit they are coming up with lately. All our rights are slowly going out the window...

land of the free my ***.... more like, land of the bend you over and take any income you make because they can...

on a side note... my GF is really pissed about this law... she can't have her ALUMNI license frame on her car anymore... i mean it might sound stupid, but she worked hard to get her degree and is proud of her accomplishments... but because some bozo in office wants to pass this ****, the simple things in life can no longer be enjoyed...
Old 01-09-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yeah man well there are some real dumb asses out there that are ruining it for us. Those 16 year olds that got their LS1 as their first car and speed to excess and crash with all their friends in it. Ya know **** like that is what causes the rest of us to lose our freedom. I love cali there are so many loopholes the best part about living with a whole **** ton of tree huggers. But AZ with those speed trap cameras man I will never drive back to az for that ****, plus right now I am guessing they really want to find us Cali people to give tickets to.

I feel bad that you guys have to go through that crap, plus side is you guys have less strict emissions standards. Unless you are like and don't give a **** and will be looking for a "friendly" place.
don't get too comfortable... I hear that we are the "test" state for these cameras and that other states (California being one of the first) will be following our lead shortly
Old 01-09-2009, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

**** son I will be creating a custom flip plate for my car, see one coming up and push a button and plate is gone. hit another button afterwards down the road and plate is back.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
**** son I will be creating a custom flip plate for my car, see one coming up and push a button and plate is gone. hit another button afterwards down the road and plate is back.
www.hideaplate.com

only problem is, i've tried contacting them twice for purchase info, with no reply
Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Make your own then hahaha. yeah it is BS how a few *cough* ricers *cough* and youngsters with powerful cars screwing it up for the rest of us. Shenanigans pure shenanigans.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

I already got a ticket for the tag frame. Sucks.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
yea... because with this economy the everyday blue-collar has the money to waste on this bullshit... that's a good way to jump start things

******* Janet Napolitano...
dont you know that the more you tax people the more money people put back into the market. i love how people think raising taxes will help our economy. :
Old 01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That is the democrat way....
Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by madmax_mfp
I already got a ticket for the tag frame. Sucks.
no kidding? guess i should go outside and pull our plate frames...

naaaa.... i'll be the pain in the *** for the officer to pull over

it'll be worth the ticket...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

news was saying they arent even really being picky about it. If you got pulled over you did something wrong and they might nit pick you depending on how you act to them. This is nothing new for me New York has always had that law and a lot other states do. I dont need people reading my plate holder to find out its a chevy camaro, or what dealership sold me the car. As far as Soul said about his gf and alumni what about a stocker or something on the back window works the same.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
news was saying they arent even really being picky about it. If you got pulled over you did something wrong and they might nit pick you depending on how you act to them. This is nothing new for me New York has always had that law and a lot other states do. I dont need people reading my plate holder to find out its a chevy camaro, or what dealership sold me the car. As far as Soul said about his gf and alumni what about a stocker or something on the back window works the same.
yea... i guess...

to be honest my problem lies with authority figures... it's something i gotta work on and get over. But in my mind, some laws, govt's, and just authority figures in general can kiss my ***... i hate picking on the little guy... and that's what I feel like is going on a lot... stupid laws that the little guy can't do nothing about but go along with...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I like the idea of pissing off cops. But, I just got 2 speeding tickets like 5-6 months ago. And then like 2-3 weeks later got hit with a tint violation.. I don't need any more bullshit fines. My insurance literally went up almost $500/year with those tickets.. I did NOT see it going up that much.

Pull me over for some license plate frame and probably find something else to hit me up for. See my sunglasses hanging from my visor and say it's obstructing my view or some obsurd ****.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Finite1
Pull me over for some license plate frame and probably find something else to hit me up for. See my sunglasses hanging from my visor and say it's obstructing my view or some obsurd ****.
that's what they do...

traffic camera's
speed camera's
license plate frames
window tint (in hell's kitchen for that matter... PHOENIX)

all retarded **** from our lovely govt... i better watch how much I complain... i'll have someone come in here and say "don't like it? then get out" beat you to it!

I got a ticket once for my stereo being too loud... wtf is that?

when i got that ticket, i was trying the whole "respect/nice approach"... the cop said, thanks for being courteous (as he handed me the ticket)... i said without thinking... "yea, thinks for not being a DICK like most cops"... you should have seen his face it was priceless!

I then realized what I had said and got back in my car as fast as possible and "slowly" drove off...

totally worth it though!
Old 01-10-2009, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

It's not about displaying information, it's about the government regulating yet another aspect of our lives. What happened to freedom... freedom of being able to use any damned license plate frame you want!