Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Im getting Laid off this Friday... Im #ucked!!! Any openings in So Cal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
+1. Our current economic condition was in the makings for a long time.
since about 1980, actually. Its not bush, or obama, or clinton, or reagan. It's everyone in our lazy freakin country all working together to **** things up.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
1st thing you do is don't tell them you're going to school. They will automatically decrease your benefit.

2nd, they make you sign up for their online job search (you post your resume).

3rd, its not like before where you document who/where you applied for a job. You just check off the appropriate boxes on the form stating you are able to accept full-time employment, looking for work, and did not start any training, etc. Under no circumstances do you change your answers unless you find a job.

4th, you will have to attend an info session with them on how to find a job, how to keep your benefits. You have to go, don't put it off or they will withhold your money until you do.

Again, do not mention school to EDD unless you want less money, this includes the box regarding training (check "no").
Which answer would you choose and why?

Do you expect to return to work for a former employer?
Yes or No?

Also should I report all the vacation and sick time I was paid out on my last day?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by james562
Which answer would you choose and why?

Do you expect to return to work for a former employer?
Yes or No?

Also should I report all the vacation and sick time I was paid out on my last day?
I was referring to the form they send you biweekly.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I was referring to the form they send you biweekly.
I was asking you which answer should I choose right now fro the questions I posted and should I report the vacation payout they gave me
Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by james562
I was asking you which answer should I choose right now fro the questions I posted and should I report the vacation payout they gave me
The first question is irrelevant as it pertains to benefits. It is only asked to determine if your unemployment is temporary and if you'll be going back to the same employer. I would enter "No" unless you have been offered your job back and have been given a start date.

As for the second, it's up to you. When I did it, I reported it, but put the date range for my entire time of employment. Why? Because that is how it was earned and accumulated. For example, I was employed for 4 years and had accumulated 150 or so hours of vacation.

Additionally, I didn't want to be penalized (I don't know for sure if I would have been) by stating I received this large lump sum.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was filling out the weekly claim for today and under question 3 it asks, "did you look for work?" Of course I clicked yes but below that line there is an empty box, beside that box is a section that says "if this box is marked X please fill out the work search table on the back" Mine does not have an X. Does this mean I dont need to fill out the work search info on the back right? Theres no way they could be verifying the millions of californians work searches weekly right?
Old 05-26-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^ correct
Old 05-26-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

You only need to fill it out when the box is checked, so you're right.

Quick Reply: Im getting Laid off this Friday... Im #ucked!!! Any openings in So Cal?