Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Street Racing AZ

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Street Racing AZ

Hey guys I'm currently a student as ASU and am debating wether to bring my ws6 here next year and was just wondering what kind of street racing scene is out here. Back home in Chicago we race every weeknd Friday and Saturday nights and have numerous roads prepped in industrial areas and such almost as good as some tracks. Wondering if theres any places like that out here or what the scenes like. From what I can tell most people just roll race on the highways and dont really drag? Any feedback would be great and if I bring the car next year looking forward to meeting everyone and having some fun.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

All i can say about street racing is if you do you are a fool. There have been some nasty wrecks here and they are coming down hard on it. It is not worth loosing a car over it. There are two tracks in town. You can find one of them open almost every Fri. or Sat. With you going to ASU you have a track 10 miles away from you at Firebird raceway. Now once a month Firebird is also doing drifting. Why take a chance.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 PM
12 Second Club

Theres plently of illagle street races going on durning the weekend not to mention ill play with you on the street =

bring it here :d:d:d:d
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

90% of the so called "street race accidents" were young dumb kids in hondas and drunk drivers! and the news loves to call every wreck a "street racing" thing! makes for better news!

when was the last time you saw a accident involving a couple of 9sec street cars?

the difference is? we race, but you don't know about it! (directed to ls1)

come out to a afsca race at speedworld and meet some people. then maybe something might happen?

try "arizonasfasteststreetcars.com" to get some info.

a pic of our slow car!
Attached Thumbnails Street Racing AZ-100_0688.jpg  
Old 05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yrlosing
90% of the so called "street race accidents" were young dumb kids in hondas and drunk drivers! and the news loves to call every wreck a "street racing" thing! makes for better news!

when was the last time you saw a accident involving a couple of 9sec street cars?

the difference is? we race, but you don't know about it! (directed to ls1)

Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

First off most F-BODY rollers are 18 +
Second off 99 % of 9 second cars are not street leagle.
Third ive seen my fair share at the illeagles... dont belive it show up
Forth street racing really shows if you can drive how quick your car is... its not like going to the track on " smooth surface , straightaway , 1/4 tank of gas " blah blah blah

pansey's are the ones who say ohhhhh i dont street race please we all have... whats a street race

say my car and another vett comes up and wants to go from the line or from a roll " bad idea on his part "

these cars were ment to be driven unless you have a 8 - 9 second RACE CAR your car is a daily driver and if you drive it like a bitch sell it you dont deserve what you have but hey thats my opinion " im sure ill get some comments on this F.Y.I I.D.G.A.F
Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

#2 is wrong! i can have 20+ "street cars" out that run 9's (and faster) and will drive there, run, then drive home! if the price is right?

they are here! you just have to know the right people!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

well in his defence he said there not "street legal"... not that they cant be daily drivers. . all other points are right. .
Old 05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

why?

they have plates and ins, headlights, taillights, horn, full interior. some even have full power options and run on pump gas!

what are we missing to be street legal?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

SMOG!!! lol
Old 05-06-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well my question has been answered that's all I wanted. To those who don't support it more power to you theres people here in chicago like that too. But personally I like seeing two 9 or 8 sec cars come out on trailers....get unloaded and go race somewhere at 3 am for a nice amount of cash so that is what I will stick to. I go to the track to but the street is more fun. I'll save this thread so wen my car is here i know who clearly races for money on the street here and I will be in contact.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

blknight what in the hell do you have done to your car to compete with 8-9 second cars

ive personally been around the illeagle dragging scene since 98 and for an 8 -9 second car come out unless on a trailer and theres money involved sure...but a DD thats total bullshit....i know 1 guy who was running 8's in his
supercharged, heads, big cam and so on daily driver....

I know the people not personally and the scene and for anyone to say 8-9 seconds sorry i call that b.s

10-11 seconds yes and hell thats fast but for reals lets not fool ourselfs

BLKKNIGHT BRING THE CAR !!!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I seen 9 Sec Daily driven cars back in Cali when I lived there, and where street legal also. Where not trailers neither, they where driven to the street and raced and left...
Edit* Well not daily driven but driven from to to the street, to go get groceries. Meets and such.

Last edited by $O$OE; 05-07-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tapout- I defiently didnt mean I could compete with 8-9 second cars! Sorry you must have got confused I simply said I like WATCHING those fast of cars run on the street and get brought out and unloaded and such, I definetly know i cant compete but out here its an everyday thing for cars like that to race everyweeknd. And I have seen some 9 second rides out here that aren't daily drivers but do get driven to meet up spots and get races off and drive home with no trailer, that's what I hope to have some day. As for my junk I'll be stuck in the 12's and the car WILL be here next year so I will be out looking for some fun come august!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

But you are totally correct in saying cars that fast do not come out on the street unless it's for a substantial amount of money!
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tapout97
blknight what in the hell do you have done to your car to compete with 8-9 second cars

ive personally been around the illeagle dragging scene since 98 and for an 8 -9 second car come out unless on a trailer and theres money involved sure...but a DD thats total bullshit....i know 1 guy who was running 8's in his
supercharged, heads, big cam and so on daily driver....

I know the people not personally and the scene and for anyone to say 8-9 seconds sorry i call that b.s

10-11 seconds yes and hell thats fast but for reals lets not fool ourselfs

BLKKNIGHT BRING THE CAR !!!!!

then you must be going to the wrong illegals!

i just watched 5 different "street" cars run in the nines last weekend, that i have personally raced and driven with on the streets of az! i personally work on a car that runs in the low 8's, and it has been seen all over the state "driving" around!

you must live in mesa? ain't no racing going on there! not since the whipples got out of it.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by flash12t
SMOG!!! lol
az buddy! collector car ins= smog exempt!
Old 05-08-2009, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

i can think of a few 9 sec cars that are out riding around every weekend almost no trailers etc driving from spot to spot
Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
i can think of a few 9 sec cars that are out riding around every weekend almost no trailers etc driving from spot to spot
where? he's been around since 89, and has never seen them!

maybe he should go to the 83rd car show sometime? or maybe the afsca races?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blknight6989
Well my question has been answered that's all I wanted. To those who don't support it more power to you theres people here in chicago like that too. But personally I like seeing two 9 or 8 sec cars come out on trailers....get unloaded and go race somewhere at 3 am for a nice amount of cash so that is what I will stick to. I go to the track to but the street is more fun. I'll save this thread so wen my car is here i know who clearly races for money on the street here and I will be in contact.
bring it down! we have plenty of cars in your range that will run. all about the fun!

Quick Reply: Street Racing AZ