Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

LA Invasion Dyno Day - see what you missed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Yeah, I agree. LMR's Camaro baselined at 353 rwhp.
These are Ls3's right? Are they de-tuned to **** or what?
Old 05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

Well if you figure 430 crank horsepower and multiply that by an 18% drivetrain loss it comes out to 353hp so the numbers are where they should be mathematically.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by socal gto
Well if you figure 430 crank horsepower and multiply that by an 18% drivetrain loss it comes out to 353hp so the numbers are where they should be mathematically.
I thought it was 15% loss. Anyway I thought they would putting down more since the 98-02 F-bodies put down as much or more than they claimed to the wheels stock.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Staging Lane

well i guess ill be sticking to ls1's for a while.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pweterss
well i guess ill be sticking to ls1's for a while.
Until an Ls7 Hey wtf are these guys talking about on their site? Are they jacking our car club name?

http://gmgears.webs.com/

Thanks for stopping by and checking us out! We have much to show you. This website serves as our headquarters for information about our local dealings and cruises, news and information, and upcoming events. Here you'll find pictures of our past events, and how to become an honorary member of our Southern California GM Muscle Car Club. So if you want to be part of our monthly meets and cruises look around and search our website, we have monthly gatherings and events you wont want to miss out on. We are always looking for new cars to join us, classic or modern anything American is always invited to come down.

-GEARS Staff
Old 05-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

?? its the guys from max muscle in ontario ??
Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by socal gto
It does have 3.45's vs the 3.42 on the F-body so a tad more loss there. Also it comes with 20's compare to 17's I bet another area there is drivetrain loss.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pweterss
?? its the guys from max muscle in ontario ??
Yeah. I think I'm gonna have to break some legs.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what did everyone put down?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
so what did everyone put down?
I want to know too. Eventhough I'm sure Ryne won for the most H.P. lol. Damn I need skinnies for tomorrow! I wish I had bought some GTO spares .
Old 05-24-2009, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
numbers are what they are ......... my dyno wasnt reading low, because earlier in the day my vette laid down 584 rwhp
Never Inclined it was, just stating what another one put down

Originally Posted by 94'BLKBRD
Yeah, I agree. LMR's Camaro baselined at 353 rwhp.
So around 350's is what they put down. Good to know
Old 05-24-2009, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stick an ls3 in the imp nick.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
Stick an ls3 in the imp nick.
You make it sound like I have money, LT1 stays in the Impala man. Play the cards your given.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

True. Or when u can stick the 6.xliter u know what. I still wanna do that. Best part is you don't have change hardley anything on them!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 AM

[QUOTE=Wicked_muscle;11648653]That's sad. No wonder that guy didn't want to rev his motor at the cruise today and wanted to keep it away from everyone . Should have bought an ls1 and cammed it .

Hey folks,

It was great riding with all of you today, I own the 5th gen, and I do believe that this person is referring to why I didn't "rev" the car up when he asked me to after we got back from our lunch outing.

Firstly, I don't really want the car going over 4000rpm yet due to it not passing it's break in period yet. (Please no flames )

Secondly, GM made the car extremely quiet, it really isn't all that loud due to the current restrictive airflow that it has, once I get past break in, and the reccomended regrease of the rear I'll be looking for after market intake,headers,exhaust... Hennesey is coming out with some remarkable products for the 5th gen.

That said, I decided to put it on the dyno because I had the opportunity, there are not many shops in las vegas that have one, and I figgured it would be interesting to see how much HP Loss there was to the wheels.. and to me the dyno was worth it going over it's 4k RPM limit for breakin.

In reguard to not letting people near the car... I do believe that I was extremely open and didn't restrict anyone from going near the car, infact if someone asked a question I tried to answer it to the best of my knowlege.

I am not certain yet if I will run it at the track tomorrow, (breakin) or if there are even slots open. I know there is a lot of criticism out that about the car and what the magazines say the 1/4 mile stock time is.. I have never seen a run from a current owner get even close to the magazine times of 13.0 ... to be honest i'm not expecting anything under a 13.5, though we'll see what happens tomorrow.

with all that said! it was really nice meeting everyone, and I look forward to being a member of the forum!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

[QUOTE=lordfriday2;11650470]
Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
That's sad. No wonder that guy didn't want to rev his motor at the cruise today and wanted to keep it away from everyone . Should have bought an ls1 and cammed it .

Hey folks,

It was great riding with all of you today, I own the 5th gen, and I do believe that this person is referring to why I didn't "rev" the car up when he asked me to after we got back from our lunch outing.

Firstly, I don't really want the car going over 4000rpm yet due to it not passing it's break in period yet. (Please no flames )

Secondly, GM made the car extremely quiet, it really isn't all that loud due to the current restrictive airflow that it has, once I get past break in, and the reccomended regrease of the rear I'll be looking for after market intake,headers,exhaust... Hennesey is coming out with some remarkable products for the 5th gen.

That said, I decided to put it on the dyno because I had the opportunity, there are not many shops in las vegas that have one, and I figgured it would be interesting to see how much HP Loss there was to the wheels.. and to me the dyno was worth it going over it's 4k RPM limit for breakin.

In reguard to not letting people near the car... I do believe that I was extremely open and didn't restrict anyone from going near the car, infact if someone asked a question I tried to answer it to the best of my knowlege.

I am not certain yet if I will run it at the track tomorrow, (breakin) or if there are even slots open. I know there is a lot of criticism out that about the car and what the magazines say the 1/4 mile stock time is.. I have never seen a run from a current owner get even close to the magazine times of 13.0 ... to be honest i'm not expecting anything under a 13.5, though we'll see what happens tomorrow.

with all that said! it was really nice meeting everyone, and I look forward to being a member of the forum!
you dont need to explain yourself bro its your car..... but your car is beautiful, and i do really like the interior..... if you are interested in modding the car, let me now i can hook you up on a awesome deal on parts and install..... plus i just talk to Nick @ ARH headers and he just completed a set of long tubes for the new camaro, so just let me know when your ready.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

These are Ls3's right? Are they de-tuned to **** or what?
it seemed to have (like most new gen 4 cars) to have highly sensitive knock sensors, and a rather aggressive IAT timing retard table.... not to mention the intake design (like the gto and g8's) seems to restrictive due to the sharp 90+ degree bend right off the TB, and the intake placement right next the exhaust manifolds...... a nice over radiator intake would give this motor around 15-20 rwhp guaranteed, and put it in c6 ls3 power territory.... which they generally laydown 370ish rear wheel stock
Old 05-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=lordfriday2;11650470]
That's sad. No wonder that guy didn't want to rev his motor at the cruise today and wanted to keep it away from everyone . Should have bought an ls1 and cammed it .

Hey folks,

Hey man I never officially met you but saw you around both days... No need to explain anything man, it is your $40,000+ car, not anyone else's

Besides, from everything I saw you were pretty damn open with the car and balsy enough to take it down the track. Don't worry about times or the gear thing, most people have plenty of experience behind they wheel of their particular vehicle BEFORE they wail on it at the track...

Add in the nervous factor of wailing on your brand new 40K+ car you have been keeping under 4000K and anyone who gives you **** about it needs to show you time sleeps of where they took their new SS down the strip or :stfu:

Quick Reply: LA Invasion Dyno Day - see what you missed