Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Irwindale tomorrow (6/4/09)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ thats what trips me out with a lot of people on here no bashing just saying, I see so many guys with every bolt on in the world and internals and all but run on street tires.

All the power in the world is pointless if you cant transfer it to the ground. Thats why I dont care to bolt on things to the engine. Suspension only and at most a tune, Hope to see a 12 second next time out to the track!!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ConElite
^^ thats what trips me out with a lot of people on here no bashing just saying, I see so many guys with every bolt on in the world and internals and all but run on street tires.

All the power in the world is pointless if you cant transfer it to the ground. Thats why I dont care to bolt on things to the engine. Suspension only and at most a tune, Hope to see a 12 second next time out to the track!!
That's why I just finished putting on a full suspension.
Just haven't had a chance to buy some sticky tires yet.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jason has my vote against joer
Old 06-03-2009, 03:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
Old 06-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
That's why I just finished putting on a full suspension.
Just haven't had a chance to buy some sticky tires yet.
There you go. You get relocation brackets?
Old 06-03-2009, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

There you go. You get relocation brackets?
I just installed:

UMI adj tubular poly/rod LCA's
UMI bolt-on relocation brackets
Spohn dbl adj poly/rod PHB
Spohn chromemoly dbl adj tunnel mount TA
SLP 3-point SFC's
BMR 22mm rear sway bar with poly bushings and endlinks
Koni shocks front and rear, sitting on Eibach Sportlines.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
we'll see who wins!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned Village Idiot

I just installed:

SLP 3-point SFC's
im going to take this down with my stock *** car!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This is why my next mods will be tubular k member, vfn fiberglass stock style hood, 12bolt with 3:73's QA1 front shock and 275lb/in spring, and QA1 rear shocks with boxed LCa's and a new TA plus removing front sway bar and running slicks and skinnies, that alone should drop me into the low 12's if I am at a mid to high 12's right now.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
This is why my next mods will be tubular k member, vfn fiberglass stock style hood, 12bolt with 3:73's QA1 front shock and 275lb/in spring, and QA1 rear shocks with boxed LCa's and a new TA plus removing front sway bar and running slicks and skinnies, that alone should drop me into the low 12's if I am at a mid to high 12's right now.
<BenchRacing>
Old 06-03-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

<BenchRacing>
Say what?? I am at irwindale every week, of the last 2 months I raced a total of 5 days. Ummm how am I bench racing?

Now bench racing my misdirected friend is if I said yeah i could take you SRJ because I have blah blah blah, and did not show up to race you. Everything I said I was going to do to my car I have done therefore makes for my future to do list very credible and well based on times I get now I will be in the range that I am shooting for. So... how am I bench racing?

Just curious.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
im going to take this down with my stock *** car!!!!!!!
Bring it!
Say what?? I am at irwindale every week, of the last 2 months I raced a total of 5 days. Ummm how am I bench racing?
Now if you had said "then I'd hope for low 12's..." I wouldn't have said anything.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Launching!

I just installed:

SLP 3-point SFC's
Very very nice, Only bad thing there is the sportlines, To low, will hurt u a bit.

If you adjust your pinion angle just right you should be good as long as your Control arms are still angled down in the rear. If they r higher on the body side I would recommend a Pro-Kit set or Strano springs. Sportlines are way to low IMO>
Old 06-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Banned Village Idiot

Bring it!

Now if you had said "then I'd hope for low 12's..." I wouldn't have said anything.
im sorry baby alex (lt chevyboy) but im gonna take down your boy LT1 power!

stock LS1 > moded LT1
Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok point taken I gotcha now, I will then say I hope for low 12's but based on what my car currently runs I am estimating a low 12 second car after the modifications I plan.

I do uderstnad ya on that one SRJ.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Very very nice, Only bad thing there is the sportlines, To low, will hurt u a bit.

If you adjust your pinion angle just right you should be good as long as your Control arms are still angled down in the rear. If they r higher on the body side I would recommend a Pro-Kit set or Strano springs. Sportlines are way to low IMO>
I will be getting some Strano's or BMR springs soon. Just got a hook up on a Strano 35mm sway bar for the front.
The with relo brackets and adj LCA's I should be ok even with my car being low. I have the LCA's angling down toward the rear, that's what I read to do, so that when the rear end push forward, it also makes the rear end squat down... Isn't that right?

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
im sorry baby alex (lt chevyboy) but im gonna take down your boy LT1 power!

stock LS1 > moded LT1
You sure???
Old 06-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Banned Village Idiot

I will be getting some Strano's or BMR springs soon. Just got a hook up on a Strano 35mm sway bar for the front.
The with relo brackets and adj LCA's I should be ok even with my car being low. I have the LCA's angling down toward the rear, that's what I read to do, so that when the rear end push forward, it also makes the rear end squat down... Isn't that right?

You sure???
lol not sure, you might take me
Old 06-03-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are shooting to get the angle of the LCa's to be at a ~25-33% angle or there abouts and the pinion angle should be any higher than -2 degrees and no lower than -3, and this was what is recommended from BMR any higher or lower could cause adverse effects on the rear end, and -2/-3 will put your rear end to about 0 degrees.

And this was all info pulled from the suspension tech section or drag racing, even the bmr site. The LCA angle I had heard from a very solid source that, that was the angle range to be within.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

You are shooting to get the angle of the LCa's to be at a ~25-33% angle or there abouts and the pinion angle should be any higher than -2 degrees and no lower than -3, and this was what is recommended from BMR any higher or lower could cause adverse effects on the rear end, and -2/-3 will put your rear end to about 0 degrees.

And this was all info pulled from the suspension tech section or drag racing, even the bmr site. The LCA angle I had heard from a very solid source that, that was the angle range to be within.
Percent angle? Do you mean degrees?
It's angled downward towards the rear correct? (end that bolts to the rear is lower than the end that bolts to the body correct)
Old 06-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Launching!

NO FRONT SWAY BAR FOR DRAG RACING!!!!!

I take mine completely off when I drag!!! Less weight and better weight transfer. DONT DARE RUN IT considering your running Double diamond SFC. Your cars going to be to damn solid, You want just a little give which you can achieve with removing the front sway bar!!.

Yeah Angle the Control arm (AXle Side) as low as possble. That way when you launch the car squats and rather than driving the axle up into the car the car drives the axle down into the ground and thus giving you more traction!!!

I would think you would want the yoke side angled up rather than down so when you launch, the car squats and the Yoke, the Driveshaft and the output shaft yoke from the trans is all Perfectly straight and transfers more power directly. (Just a theory but to be honest im COmpletely ignorant when it comes to Pinion Angle no BUllshit, I dont know anything at all about it!!) Correct me if im wrong PLease.

Quick Reply: Irwindale tomorrow (6/4/09)