Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

My SS almost got stolen today ...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goddamn, that was a close one! Better keep some ninja stars in your pocket from now on.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you think it would do any good to report this to the police?
eventhough nothing happened, they may have reports of similar incidents of stolen cars and this might help them to find the guys since you saw what they look like and the vehicles they were driving.

I think you should at least give a call.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Teching In

yeah u got to watch out around the border i go to tj almost every weekend and when i drive by the junk yard out there i see so many new cars there like new new cars escalades , amg's ,bmw , all kinds of cars so be carefull guys
Old 06-05-2009, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 180ls1
What color were the Jeep and the Truck? I head down that way somewhat often.
late 80's early 90's White F150 single cab
no tailgate, has a towing package in the bed of it

late 90's Jeep Grand Cherokee charcol/pewter colored

Im glad that i was at the right place, at the right time.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

I will really keep an eye out for that.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

I'm glad your car didn't get stolen. Anywhere I take my SS, I always back it in since it's RWD. It makes it just a tad bit harder to tow it from the front. With the way things are now days, we all need to keep an eye out for our cars.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah a couple 45's to the chest would make them think twice. it would def scare all them ******** taking cars back to mexico if a couple of their homies got shot.

if i shoot you will not be gettin up!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 01:06 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1adamls1
yeah a couple 45's to the chest would make them think twice. it would def scare all them ******** taking cars back to mexico if a couple of their homies got shot.

if i shoot you will not be gettin up!!!!!
just make sure you dont take out any innocent people
Old 06-09-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
What if they were repo guys, and their target was the car next to your SS?
Innocent people dont run. Thats a fact. Guilty people with bad intentions run.

Im glad your car wasnt taken, I dont drive my car unless I am always able to keep an eye on it. If I take it to go eat I always sit where I can see it.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by allthrotle
Innocent people dont run. Thats a fact. Guilty people with bad intentions run.

Im glad your car wasnt taken, I dont drive my car unless I am always able to keep an eye on it. If I take it to go eat I always sit where I can see it.
I beg to differ. Scared people run, innocent or not.

The point I was trying to make, not knowing all the details, is what if the car they were after wasn't his or if their intentions were different? Just another scenario to think about.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that was a close one. I hope you deside to get lojack or some thing like it.
Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The sad part is even if they were hooked up and taking off with your car, you still cant shoot em. You'd have to call the cops and wait for them to take your info.

Sad... i agree with you guys, a couple people get shot stealin peoples ****, and their buddies would think twice.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

I beg to differ. Scared people run, innocent or not.

The point I was trying to make, not knowing all the details, is what if the car they were after wasn't his or if their intentions were different? Just another scenario to think about.
They were scared because they didnt want to get caught stealing. If they were so called repo-guys they wouldn't have ran they'd say we're here to take your car hook it up and leave. Instead you have some shady looking people with a jank *** tow vehicle waiting for no one to be around so they can steal the mans car.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

wow i'm glad your **** didn't get stolen.......and i'm glad you had your wife and baby girl in mind and didn't do anything stupid ! ! !
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

They were scared because they didnt want to get caught stealing.
Thank you for confirming. Innocent, guilty, doesn't matter. You run when you're scared.

We chased a guy in the parking lot of a bar in Orange when we thought he was trying to break into a friend's car. Turns out, it was dark, he went to the wrong car. Ran b/c he was scared, not guilty.
Old 06-11-2009, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

Thank you for confirming. Innocent, guilty, doesn't matter. You run when you're scared.

We chased a guy in the parking lot of a bar in Orange when we thought he was trying to break into a friend's car. Turns out, it was dark, he went to the wrong car. Ran b/c he was scared, not guilty.
You freaking chased a guy and it sounds like there was more then one of you when you say WE. So ya Im sure that guy was scared. The op said he started to walk back towards his car and they took off running with a rigged up tow vehicle. Why would they run if they weren't planning on stealing the mans car?
Old 06-11-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98BlkFormula
repo don't give a **** if there are people around or not they take your car no matter what.
LOL, qft
Old 06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

You freaking chased a guy and it sounds like there was more then one of you when you say WE. So ya Im sure that guy was scared. The op said he started to walk back towards his car and they took off running with a rigged up tow vehicle. Why would they run if they weren't planning on stealing the mans car?
I'll say it slower: before knowing all the details (didn't know there weren't other cars around at the time), I stated maybe their intentions were different.

Then the thread diverged into why someone would run, and I stated it's because they're scared, not necessarily b/c they're guilty.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

We chased him because he ran when I yelled "what the **** are you doing". I didn't just start playing ring around the cars with the guy.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:20 AM
TECH Resident

I'll say it slower: before knowing all the details (didn't know there weren't other cars around at the time), I stated maybe their intentions were different.

Then the thread diverged into why someone would run, and I stated it's because they're scared, not necessarily b/c they're guilty.
Well if your car was parked in a parking lot and spot two guys around it scoping it out, and one of the guys has a ghetto tow rig what would you think they're intensions were? trying to wash your car? and when you go to approach them they take off like a bat outta hell. I'll agree to disagree, I think guilty people run because they dont want to get caught and face the consequences.

Quick Reply: My SS almost got stolen today ...