Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New Email Scam Check It Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Email Scam Check It Out

I got an email scam today that is very well thought out. I guess some attorney wants to give me millions of dollars lol. Here is the email i received.

Hello IVAN DIAZ. This message was sent to you by Easfari -- From Civilson

Dear Ivan Diaz, It may surprise you receiving this letter from me, since there was no previous correspondence between us. My name is Mr, Easfari Veloosamy, a Malaysian national and personal Attorney to Late Mr. Michael Diaz, who passed away on the 11th of November 2006 as a result of a deadly heart disease. I am contacting you to assist me in securing the fund left behind by my late client, before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where the funds was deposited. The total amount of funds in the account of my deceased client is US$ 8.7 Million (Eight Million, Seven Hundred Thousand United States dollars only). The Bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin/beneficiary to my late client or have the account declared unserviceable. Hence, I am contacting you to seek your consent in presenting you as the next-of-kin/beneficiary to my late client, since you have the same last name. This will enable the proceeds of this account to be paid to you as the legitimate beneficiary/next of kin. Upon conclusion of this transaction, 40% of the total sum will be yours for your honest commitment and positive contributions to enhance the success of this transaction, while the remaining 60% will be mine. All the legal documentations to back up claims as the deceased next-of-kin will be provided by me. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. This intended transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any infraction of the law. Kindly note: If this business proposition offends your moral ethics, do accept my sincere apology, but if on the other hand you deem it fit to assist me, kindly contact me as soon as you can for further details.Here is my email *********232@hotmail.com Yours faithfully, Easfari Veloosamy.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

dude,
that scam has been going on for a couple years now. plenty of suckers fell for it~! People are making millions off of stupid people all the time, we missed out! lol.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
dude,
that scam has been going on for a couple years now. plenty of suckers fell for it~! People are making millions off of stupid people all the time, we missed out! lol.
First time i heard of it lol. I bet if i respond he will be like, "Whats your bank information so i can deposite the money directly" lol.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
First time i heard of it lol. I bet if i respond he will be like, "Whats your bank information so i can deposite the money directly" lol.
Lol respond to him and just BS him and see what he says.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** ivan if you don't want the cash ill take it!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't know you were Malaysian...
Old 06-18-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

I get 5 of these a day.lol. I just delete them. I've even recieved them saying this is the FBI or home land security and some terrorist organization is trying to put money in your account please contact us at xxxx e-mail from officer xxxx. I just hit delete.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Junkie

This is one of the oldest email scams out there. It is know as the Nigerian email scam. They've just moved it to Malaysia.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
This is one of the oldest email scams out there. It is know as the Nigerian email scam. They've just moved it to Malaysia.
I get em from both those countries
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

The chicks are hotter in Malaysia
Old 06-18-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

if anyone wants to buy my car for $3000 i really need the cash. just paypal me a $1000 deposit and i'll ship the car out to you. thx.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Regular

I got one that said I had a philipino relative....I tried speaking tagalog but it wasnt true...