Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

GM Muscle members and inquiring parties

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Muscle members and inquiring parties

Hey everyone, I know we haven't met in a while but I've been discussing some ideas with wickedbluess. We wanted to have a location and a day/time that works for everyone and to allow us to be in the center of members in Riverside, inland empire, and maybe San Bernardino area. The spot we were looking is about the same distance for people coming from the above areas. The location we're considering is 33°58'30.75"N, 117°32'55.92"W. Insert this into google maps and click satellite view. It's the shopping center off of the 15 FWY and Limonite. We were also thinking about changing the meet to once a month and possibly having every other meet at a park where we'll have a bbq and play ball. We have the funds for it. So here is the list of questions or things that I need suggestions on.

Make suggestions or state whether you like the following and would be interested in coming out:

1)The new location in the shopping center off of Limonite on the 15 FWY

2)Best day of the week and what time

3)Having a bbq and playing ball every other meet at a park

We want to keep this meet alive so put in some input and we will be having a meet within the next two weeks where we will set up a bbq and maybe a cruise down to the beach.

We will discuss it more and set everything at the next meet that will be set in this thread but still leave your input.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Teching In

I live in the houses right next to the shopping center on the east side of the freeway. The south side of the parking lot doesn't have any shops & nobody uses so we should have no problem parking over there. Also there is a park right across the street at Pats Ranch & 65th st.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SoCal WS6
I live in the houses right next to the shopping center on the east side of the freeway. The south side of the parking lot doesn't have any shops & nobody uses so we should have no problem parking over there. Also there is a park right across the street at Pats Ranch & 65th st.
Thanks for the info/help. How big is the park? Good amount of parking? Of course BBQs there correct? interested in coming out? Day/time?
Old 07-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Teching In

At least parking for 60 cars, because they built a strip mall building that hasn't been moved into. That whole area is vacant. The park has a huge grass area (bigger then a soccer field). Not sure about BBQ's, but I live around the corner & we could use my bbq. I am only good for Saturday or Sunday because of my work schedule.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

We really want to get these meets going and have solid set of people we can count on. But please post
Up and give us some input
Old 07-27-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parks and BBQs are always good.

What type of sports does everyone play?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Parks and BBQs are always good.

What type of sports does everyone play?
Proberly football
Old 07-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Teching In

I took a couple of pictures this morning of the parking lot & park off of Limonite. The parking lot by the vacant strip mall has parking for around 100 cars. The overflow parking lot next to it has room for a good 40 cars.

The park does have bbq's next to every picnic table.

This shopping center has Denny's, Philly's Best, Del Taco, Carl's Jr., Wabi Sabi, Sunny's doughnuts, JoJo's Pizza, & Jamba Juice.
Attached Thumbnails GM Muscle members and inquiring parties-vacant-strip-mall.jpg   GM Muscle members and inquiring parties-parking-lot.jpg   GM Muscle members and inquiring parties-park.jpg   GM Muscle members and inquiring parties-tables-bbq.jpg  
Old 07-27-2009, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

That's only a few miles away from my house! I am not a GM Muscle member, but I have been to a few of your meets. So not sure how much value my input has, but I think it would be good to go to a sit down restaurant from time to time. Drink a couple of beers,eat some good food. For weekly meets, I personally like the following days, Thurs night or Fri night 7:00pm, Sat afternoon or Sun noon.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Launching!

I took a couple of pictures this morning of the parking lot & park off of Limonite. The parking lot by the vacant strip mall has parking for around 100 cars. The overflow parking lot next to it has room for a good 40 cars.

This shopping center has Denny's, Philly's Best, Del Taco, Carl's Jr., Wabi Sabi, Sunny's doughnuts, JoJo's Pizza, & Jamba Juice.
Damn that's a nice park. Thanks a lot for taking the time to check that stuff out for us. Hopefully we'll see you at the meets. Does the actual park have any parking spots just in case we get hassled at the vacant strip mall?

Originally Posted by 2000SSgeorge
That's only a few miles away from my house! I am not a GM Muscle member, but I have been to a few of your meets. So not sure how much value my input has, but I think it would be good to go to a sit down restaurant from time to time. Drink a couple of beers,eat some good food. For weekly meets, I personally like the following days, Thurs night or Fri night 7:00pm, Sat afternoon or Sun noon.
I remember you coming out, clean car! Well it seems a few people seem to like the idea of having the meet on a Saturday or Sunday so maybe that's when we'll have it. We want people to come out consistently. I'm thinking we'd have every other meet at a park and the other meet by a fast food place/restaurant.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

I think we found our spot, that looks fucken perfect.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing you might want to consider is that parking in an parking lot of empty buildings, although convenient, I imagine would draw more police presence given the fact it is truly loitering (unless those other stores mentioned are close by).

Just a thought.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Teching In

The park doesn't have any parking. The shopping center does have security, so we may want to contact the owner of the shopping center to get the okay. We just need to let him know that we are not import kids, that we will not leave any trash, & that we will be purchasing from shops in his center (there is a Beverages & More also) I should also add that this is a no speedbump shopping center!!!

Old Farts Racing (Norco Car Club) meets every Saturday morning from 0700 till 0900 or so at the Chamber of Commerce building (next to the doughnut shop on Hamner). Maybe you could make the meet after that so the early risers can show thier cars off there first.

Last edited by SoCal WS6; 07-27-2009 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

that looks like a really cool spot, I would meet there. We need a cruise too!!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
that looks like a really cool spot, I would meet there. We need a cruise too!!
One of the many things will talk about . Hopefully you can make it out Mario!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

im down , im glad about the new spot we needed a change! we really need a cruise too!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pweterss
im down , im glad about the new spot we needed a change! we really need a cruise too!
What's up mija so you still part of the club or what.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Regular

The cruise is all part of plans to come
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

yea boiii lol lets do this meng!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pweterss