Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Crank pulley installer

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank pulley installer

I needed to install a crank pulley recently and hitting the pulley a bunch of times then trying to have the crank bolt grab a couple of threads wasn't doing it. I didn't want to **** up the threads so I made a little tool to install the pulley on safely. It's not a longer bolt the tool is installed into the crank then the pulley is pressed on. This tool will save you the hassle of stripping your crank and will install the pulley in less than four minutes! I've used this pulley on two different cars and it surprised me and a few people that saw me using how easy it pulled the pulley on. Went on like butter.

The only thing is I had to buy the material in a bulk through my shop. I have 15 tools left (Trademarked and Patent Pending).
Price is $36.50 shipped. That price is shipped any where in the U.S. Paypal only and my paypal address is m_ghonim@yahoo.com. If you need the tool to be signed for when it's dropped off, insurance or shipping/delivery confirmation let me know before paying because it's extra. Please make sure to have a Confirmed address before sending payment. Contact me for questions. You can check by logging into your Paypal account and clicking Profile then selecting Add or Edit Street Address it will then show you whether your address is confirmed or not.

This price is nothing compared to the hassle of dealing with stripping your crank threads or wacking your pulley. If you think you might be installing a pulley or doing a cam swap in the future get yours now!

Here is a video of an install.
http://img190.imageshack.us/i/vid00009n.mp4/

Last edited by Wicked_muscle; 08-09-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I wish I had that today, bought a pulley installer, didn't work for ****, ended up tapping it on lightly with a 4lb rubber hammer. Luckily I had the water-pump out of the way so it was gravy, but I wish I had this tool maybe I will pick one up from you when I go to swap pulleys again.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Black98Z28
Damn I wish I had that today, bought a pulley installer, didn't work for ****, ended up tapping it on lightly with a 4lb rubber hammer. Luckily I had the water-pump out of the way so it was gravy, but I wish I had this tool maybe I will pick one up from you when I go to swap pulleys again.
If you want one I will ship. Shouldn't be that much to ship at all. I'm only selling the ones I have so I won't be making anymore. If you think you'll need one in the future, get one now!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the way to do it, I bought one a while ago and it cross threaded, so the next time I needed it I got some all-thread from Home Depot and made my own...putting the pulley in teh oven for a little while helps ALOT!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have like one you can use bro........... just dont **** it up this time Mo
Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
Thats the way to do it, I bought one a while ago and it cross threaded, so the next time I needed it I got some all-thread from Home Depot and made my own...putting the pulley in teh oven for a little while helps ALOT!
That's the one thing I wasn't really sure about doing was putting it in the oven. I was worried about the heat messing up the seal on the timing cover while it's going on. With the tool I made it pulled it on with ease.

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
i have like one you can use bro........... just dont **** it up this time Mo
Geez how many tools did I **** up ? I thought you said the cutter was on it's way out.
Old 08-01-2009, 03:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
That's the one thing I wasn't really sure about doing was putting it in the oven. I was worried about the heat messing up the seal on the timing cover while it's going on. With the tool I made it pulled it on with ease.

Geez how many tools did I **** up ? I thought you said the cutter was on it's way out.
you look at them wrong they **** up
Old 08-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
you look at them wrong they **** up
That's how it is with everything in my life. I looked at my girlfriend wrong this morning. Guess what happened to her? lol
Old 08-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Price is $26 shipped. That price is shipped any where in the U.S. Paypal only and my paypal address is m_ghonim@yahoo.com. If you pay by Monday I will ship on Tuesday using USPS priority.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Launching!

To the top
Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Alright I need to sell what I have left. Good tool a couple of people already got theirs and happy with them. Going on ebay soon.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Launching!

On Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GM-LS...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

they should go pretty quick