Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thanks Strictly Performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 02:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SP Motorsports
thats what i got in trouble for ,recieving stollen property ,one of the thing i got hit with is a core supplier that goes by the name (david white ) supposedly unknowingly sold me numerous stollen and questionable core blocks ,as there was to many things in my possesion that were iether unexplainable or stollen i was charged and it took a ton of time and money to get it straightend out with the courts.needless to say that is just the start ,now i have to deal with all the customers that think and feal that i did this intentionally. this is what happend and i have to pay for it.i could be just like some of the other shops that closed and just said **** everybody and kept everything,just something to keep in mind when you are so quick to say ,I am ******* these guy's.

x4 Dave White is selling stolen LS parts????? I know alot of shops buying their core blocks / parts from him over the last several years.

His user name on here is "427 LS1" . Just pulled up his profile and he is a ls1tech sponsor as well. His email: redlinemotorsportswest@yahoo.com

Shop: http://www.redline-motorsports.net/

Profile:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=15174

He had dozens of blocks in his garage and always had motors available all the time. He said he had a setup to get all the GM "blem" blocks etc...

Wow.

Last edited by SoCalSpd; 08-09-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
...And no words from Rob on this either.
Yeah. That's some pretty hard charges for a Auto Shop. I would like to know also how he got those charges as well, if he is saying he got it from someone else, I would think he would tell them where he got it from or from whom. But possession of stolen property does not excuse ignorance of the law, if they want to prosecute they would have. It seems they just got him on the running a chop shop, which is a serious crime for a shop.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told that cores couldn't be tracked though due to the fact that the code on the core reads nothing about the car it was actually in.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nalmak
Yeah. That's some pretty hard charges for a Auto Shop. I would like to know also how he got those charges as well, if he is saying he got it from someone else, I would think he would tell them where he got it from or from whom. But possession of stolen property does not excuse ignorance of the law, if they want to prosecute they would have. It seems they just got him on the running a chop shop, which is a serious crime for a shop.
Well, if he got picked up for Chop Shop I can't imagine they made it easy on him. Like I said before, I don't believe cores can be tracked. Sooo, how would they find out about this David White guy and link it to Rob?!! ...."3 will set you Free!!"...
Old 08-09-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

Well, if he got picked up for Chop Shop I can't imagine they made it easy on him. Like I said before, I don't believe cores can be tracked. Sooo, how would they find out about this David White guy and link it to Rob?!! ...."3 will set you Free!!"...
He probably pleaded guilty to the chop shop, and in turn dismissed the rest on a plea deal with the D.A. There are other forms of finding out V.I.N. Numbers and engine identification than you think. Cores can still be tracked. But none the less, its a serious charge (in my eyes), and the key word is trust. I'm not looking at what he was found guilty of, obviously there was enough evidence to charge him with a bunch of Auto Shop crimes, so that's what I'm looking at. But hope everything works for the better.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Old 08-10-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Thepheroe
What is your point?
Old 08-10-2009, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

I was told that cores couldn't be tracked though due to the fact that the code on the core reads nothing about the car it was actually in.

That is correct, block cores dont have any type of vin information on them. There is a year stamp only on the front of the blocks on driver side. So you'd likely need to have some parts that were more identifiable
Old 08-10-2009, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
That is correct, block cores dont have any type of vin information on them. There is a year stamp only on the front of the blocks on driver side. So you'd likely need to have some parts that were more identifiable
you are incorrect call la t.r.a.p. devision and ask fow det willson and tell him that ,these are not normal cops and they were able to track the parts as stollen
Old 08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
FormerVendor

they didnt find david first when they went through my reciepts for purchase of the cores i put who i bought them from.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

they didnt find david first when they went through my reciepts for purchase of the cores i put who i bought them from.
That makes no sense. Sounds like the story is changing.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Addict

Dude, T.R.A.P. is big time! They're Sheriffs and they don't screw around. Those guys don't go after punks that break your window in and take your sound equipment. They target auto theft rings. ..Getting their attention is a great sign.

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 08-10-2009 at 04:50 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2c5s
That makes no sense. Sounds like the story is changing.
reread what i posted!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
FormerVendor

Dude, T.R.A.P. is big time! They're Sheriffs and they don't screw around. Those guys don't go after punks that break your window in and take your sound equipment. They target auto theft rings. ..Getting their attention is a great sign.
they are not just sherrifs, they are sherrif ,lapd, highway patrol all combined into one. they were saying they are taking over all auto theft in the la area and have no juristiction limits when it comes to tracking stuff down .
Old 08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
x4 Dave White is selling stolen LS parts????? I know alot of shops buying their core blocks / parts from him over the last several years.

His user name on here is "427 LS1" . Just pulled up his profile and he is a ls1tech sponsor as well. His email: redlinemotorsportswest@yahoo.com

Shop: http://www.redline-motorsports.net/

Profile:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=15174

He had dozens of blocks in his garage and always had motors available all the time. He said he had a setup to get all the GM "blem" blocks etc...

Wow.
dont get me wrong he was able to provide a paper trail on the parts sold to me ,and not sure what happend to the guy that he bought them from...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

thats what i got in trouble for ,recieving stollen property ,one of the thing i got hit with is a core supplier that goes by the name (david white ) supposedly unknowingly sold me numerous stollen and questionable core blocks ,as there was to many things in my possesion that were iether unexplainable or stollen .

Quote:

Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Why did they go after Strictly Performance before they even knew about David White?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by qboy
Why did they go after Strictly Performance before they even knew about David White?
I hate to keep throwing gas on the fire, but given what SP Motorsports is and isn't posting, we can only assume they were caught running a chop shop. At that point, the finger was pointed at a vendor who ended up proving to be legitimate. SP Motorsports, I hate to be so scathing, but you aren't being very transparent about these issues which are relevant if you are offering your services to this community.

dont get me wrong he was able to provide a paper trail on the parts sold to me ,and not sure what happend to the guy that he bought them from...
Old 08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28SC
Court records state that the defendant was found guilty of operating a chop shop and that the charges of receiving stolen property were dismissed.

Sorry, I'm just trolling these threads, but keep in mind what is public record with regards to LA Superior Court. I am not involved in any of this, but I am now concerned about facts.

According to public records, there were 7 counts filed 11/2008
count #1 was 10801 VC OWN/OPERATE A "CHOP SHOP" and the disposition (final judgement) was GUILTY/CONVICTED. Disposition date was 02/18/2009

Counts #2-#7 496(A) PC RECEIVNG/CONCEAL STOLEN PROPTY disposition was Dismissed or Not Prosecuted as of 03/25/2009

Mind you, this is all public record and ANYONE can go to the LA Superior Court website and pull this up.

It is common to use such records to research things like babysitters and live-in help.

Here's a direct screenshot.
What a great website. Guess who else shows up convicted of a DUI...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Well, that is a shitload of charges. And being found guilty of running a chop shop and being so recent, its hard to say that someone turned the corner. Not blaming or pointing fingers, but I might think that the reason someone moved there shop, at a different location, with a different name on the ownership (because you won't be able to open it under your name after being found guilty of it), would be to pay off whatever you owe. When in fact it would be wise to pay it off first before opening up another location.

Just being honest, but that seems more legit, and yes T.R.A.P., is big time. Mainly operate in Orange County, and into Inland Empire, and Los Angeles County. But their reach can go state wide if needed and into Arizona and Nevada.

Honestly, dude people make mistakes, you fix them and you move on. But some mistakes are branded for life whether you like it or not. And it seems that this is a pretty big mistake. But being so recent in getting these charges and opening up another shop, does not smell right.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Thanks Strictly Performance