Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

No front plate ticket while parked!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

slowly but surely our freedoms are being eroded away, its sad. We seem to rationalize everything but it all just an excuse.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave... I say we find that copper and punch them right in the vagina, only a bitch copper would write such a ridiculous ticket. After we do that we write them a ticket for douche baggery and mail it to their mother cause it is her fault for letting that copper out into society.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Teching In

isnt that the truth

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
slowly but surely our freedoms are being eroded away, its sad. We seem to rationalize everything but it all just an excuse.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

When I had a fix it ticket for a front plate I just stuck my plate back on, got it signed off, paid a $10 court fee, then took the plate back off... was pretty painless...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Done that myself a few times

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
When I had a fix it ticket for a front plate I just stuck my plate back on, got it signed off, paid a $10 court fee, then took the plate back off... was pretty painless...
Old 12-09-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

usually its not cops giving those parking tickets out, its usually meter maids/parking enforcement, and yes if you are parked on a city street you can be ticketed for fix it tickets.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

So now its a freedom that you dont have to have a front plate?
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by transambandit
usually its not cops giving those parking tickets out, its usually meter maids/parking enforcement, and yes if you are parked on a city street you can be ticketed for fix it tickets.
both mine were from cops

maybe not a freedon, but in general yes freedom is slipping away i would agree with that.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm troubled that they can nickel and dime you for a petty bullshit license plate fine, but have illegal immigrants infesting the country in blatant violation of federal law and do nothing.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

well that is a freedom that we should have. This is just one aspect of life, why does "our" government own GM? why did all of these banks get bailed out? Its not what we want its what the government wants.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, this is getting ridiculous. You realize you don't have a right to drive, it's a privledge. Freedom has nothing to do with it. It's an infraction... A stupid infraction but still an infraction.

I don't have a plate on the front of my car and when I get a ticket I'm not going to whine about it. My son got a similiar ticket on his Formula. We made a bracket, put the plate on, got it signed off, then took it off again.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Skidog5150
Wow, this is getting ridiculous. You realize you don't have a right to drive, it's a privledge. Freedom has nothing to do with it. It's an infraction... A stupid infraction but still an infraction.

I don't have a plate on the front of my car and when I get a ticket I'm not going to whine about it. My son got a similiar ticket on his Formula. We made a bracket, put the plate on, got it signed off, then took it off again.
why is it not a right tho? Have you ever hear of the patriot act? This bill laterally obliterates the bill of right, nearly half the bill of rights is gone cuz of it.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

THE LAW IS THE LAW
Old 12-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

why is it not a right tho? Have you ever hear of the patriot act? This bill laterally obliterates the bill of right, nearly half the bill of rights is gone cuz of it.
You're comparing the Patriot Act to the front license plate law??? Not in the same ball park. I actually agree that its a stupid law, that I break as well. I just don't think that this law is proof of the erosion of all civilization... LOL.

Driving isn't a right because not everyone can do it. A blind person has the right to vote, but doesn't have a right to drive. I know its a pretty extreme example but ya get the idea.

You know what I would love to see. All of our car clubs get organized and get some of these stupid laws changed. I would love to see some of the smog laws relaxed. Anyone remember the last smog alert we had?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

You're comparing the Patriot Act to the front license plate law??? Not in the same ball park. I actually agree that its a stupid law, that I break as well. I just don't think that this law is proof of the erosion of all civilization... LOL.

Driving isn't a right because not everyone can do it. A blind person has the right to vote, but doesn't have a right to drive. I know its a pretty extreme example but ya get the idea.

You know what I would love to see. All of our car clubs get organized and get some of these stupid laws changed. I would love to see some of the smog laws relaxed. Anyone remember the last smog alert we had?
there have been more then enough votes to remove the front plate but in california we do not have a Democracy.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Place front plate on air dam. Have civil code pertaining to front plate glove box to back one self up, printed from the CA dmv site. Now define front... priceless
Old 12-10-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by geovett
FORGET "SRJ" We have the "Legend"....BDB!!!!!!!..Hey Bry, the whole country will soon know that u r the MAN!!!!!!!
Thanks George!

You know I only exist to keep people entertained.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:37 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I've gotten a fixit ticket for no front plate while parked TWICE...with correction required.

I understand that cops need to patrol to ensure the public's safety, that's all good, but the moment that they stop protecting as serving to pull over and write a bull **** fixit ticket for a car parked on the street is non sense. I don't care what anyone else has to say about cops and their motives/behavior, or if you are a cop...that **** is stupid.
It's not the actual cops that give you these tickets, It's the fat lady that drives in a white truck labeled "Parking Enforcement".
Old 12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Right vs. Privilege is a phrase used to distract us from the problem.

Do I have a "right" to drive my vehicle? Do I have a right to the pursuit of happiness (which involves driving my vehicle)? Do I have a right to pursue the job of my choice, driving that vehicle there? Semantics!

Let's look at it from a different direction. Do I have a "right" to walk my dog? No, I don't when taken from that context. Now, let's say I need to put a dog tag not only on his collar, but on his *** too. Although it's not my right to walk my dog, do not the laws make it more difficult to pursue this pleasurable activity? Therefore, do the laws now impinge on my basic rights?

By the way, what are my rights?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

The fact is our rights are violated every day, and this is just a small example. Society is dumbed down,(though tv,the water and food) we are trained to just except it.

Quick Reply: No front plate ticket while parked!