Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

No front plate ticket while parked!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default No front plate ticket while parked!

So I park in front of my house, on the street.
After dinner I go out to take my kids home and I notice a friggin ticket on my windshield. I'm wondering WTF, as I didnt park too far from the curb or anything. I look at in says its for no front plate. But it is marked a basic parking style ticket with an envelope. No fix it required, just a $50 fine.

So I guess cities are now so hard up they are driving around looking for anything to make a buck off of.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard of that hapening for tint as well. At least it's just a $50 city fine and not the $100 or more fine if they actually write you a ticket like when they pull you over.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Stick your plate on the passenger side dash tucked behind the pillar...no ticket and looks kinda cool. It's what I do to avoid those douchebags
Old 12-09-2009, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I've gotten a fixit ticket for no front plate while parked TWICE...with correction required.

I understand that cops need to patrol to ensure the public's safety, that's all good, but the moment that they stop protecting as serving to pull over and write a bull **** fixit ticket for a car parked on the street is non sense. I don't care what anyone else has to say about cops and their motives/behavior, or if you are a cop...that **** is stupid.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I've gotten a fixit ticket for no front plate while parked TWICE...with correction required.

I understand that cops need to patrol to ensure the public's safety, that's all good, but the moment that they stop protecting as serving to pull over and write a bull **** fixit ticket for a car parked on the street is non sense. I don't care what anyone else has to say about cops and their motives/behavior, or if you are a cop...that **** is stupid.
I agree 100%

I have got one also at my college parked. If just feels so wrong paying for school, paying for a parking pass to park there, and then paying for a ticket on top of that. Oh and also paying for that cops job with my tax dollars.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Exactly!!!

Originally Posted by wytry
Stick your plate on the passenger side dash tucked behind the pillar...no ticket and looks kinda cool. It's what I do to avoid those douchebags
I was thinking of doing that and taking a picture and fighting it.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wytry
Not going to work, 5200 series CVC's state that all cars issued two plates must display those plates. Go ahead and read the 5200 series CVC's and it'll become apparent where you have to mount it. Also putting it on the dash is another violation in Cali (CVC 26708) as you can only have stickers/nav/any obstruction in two places: a 5x5 inch square in the lower drivers side corner of the windshield and in a 7x7 inch square in the lower passengers side corner.

The whole justification as it was explained to me is that if you look at the cases of burglaries/robberies that take place where there are cameras (ie banks/gas stations/convenience stores) a great many have been solved and people have been put in jail because the cars used were on video and had a front plate displayed. I mean its a great place to start when your working a murder at a convenience store when the suspect vehicle is on camera and you can read the plate...

I stopped trying to fight it and just zip tied my plate to my grill, until I can get a stock type plate mount. it is what it is so either accept that your going to be getting a lot more tickets for minor violations to drum up revenue for the state/city or fix the violation and don't worry about it.

Ok bring on the flame fest...
Old 12-09-2009, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Holy **** the basic fine for no plate in LA is $50?

In SD its only 15....but if you have the cop at the station confirm the fix instead of a random officer, they charge you $15 extra for that. Sounds like you just have to pay though.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it's chicken **** too. I got one for expired tags while parked at the airport parking lot from Ontario PD.

Of course, I do what I traditionally do and write the ticket to "Low life ***********" or "****** pedophile", cross it out, initial it, then write the PD's name.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by callys
Holy **** the basic fine for no plate in LA is $50?

In SD its only 15....but if you have the cop at the station confirm the fix instead of a random officer, they charge you $15 extra for that. Sounds like you just have to pay though.
I always remember it being a corrections. Some stations charged, others didn't. When they did it varied from $10-20.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I think it's chicken **** too. I got one for expired tags while parked at the airport parking lot from Ontario PD.

Of course, I do what I traditionally do and write the ticket to "Low life ***********" or "****** pedophile", cross it out, initial it, then write the PD's name.
I like that idea, although if I tried it, I'd somehow get in trouble for it.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
Not going to work, 5200 series CVC's state that all cars issued two plates must display those plates. Go ahead and read the 5200 series CVC's and it'll become apparent where you have to mount it. Also putting it on the dash is another violation in Cali (CVC 26708) as you can only have stickers/nav/any obstruction in two places: a 5x5 inch square in the lower drivers side corner of the windshield and in a 7x7 inch square in the lower passengers side corner.

The whole justification as it was explained to me is that if you look at the cases of burglaries/robberies that take place where there are cameras (ie banks/gas stations/convenience stores) a great many have been solved and people have been put in jail because the cars used were on video and had a front plate displayed. I mean its a great place to start when your working a murder at a convenience store when the suspect vehicle is on camera and you can read the plate...

I stopped trying to fight it and just zip tied my plate to my grill, until I can get a stock type plate mount. it is what it is so either accept that your going to be getting a lot more tickets for minor violations to drum up revenue for the state/city or fix the violation and don't worry about it.

Ok bring on the flame fest...
OK you've stated a very good argument for the state of ca. and i know we're talking about the law here, can Airzona be that backward, where a front plate is not required. as stated above by SRJ i think this law stinks!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I like that idea, although if I tried it, I'd somehow get in trouble for it.
Been doing it for close to 20 years. Nowadays, no one "sees" the check, but it allows me to let off some steam.

I deleted a bunch of info from this one, but you get the idea:

Old 12-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

^^ lmfao
Old 12-09-2009, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

^^^^^^
the legend has spoken yet again!!!!!!(BDB)
Old 12-09-2009, 02:53 PM
TECH Addict

Holy **** bigdaddybry LMAO
Old 12-09-2009, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Cool

FORGET "SRJ" We have the "Legend"....BDB!!!!!!!..Hey Bry, the whole country will soon know that u r the MAN!!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by geovett
OK you've stated a very good argument for the state of ca. and i know we're talking about the law here, can Airzona be that backward, where a front plate is not required. as stated above by SRJ i think this law stinks!!!!
I'm with everyone I think the law is freakin lame, I just wanted to put out what I was told as the reasoning behind it as it was explained to me. I don't think the streets would be overrun with unsolvable violent felonies if we got rid of this law, or the tint law (although I can kinda understand that from an officer safety standpoint) or any of the other 40,000+ VC's that are on the books.

has anyone ever caught any flak for doing what BDB did above?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
I'm with everyone I think the law is freakin lame, I just wanted to put out what I was told as the reasoning behind it as it was explained to me. I don't think the streets would be overrun with unsolvable violent felonies if we got rid of this law, or the tint law (although I can kinda understand that from an officer safety standpoint) or any of the other 40,000+ VC's that are on the books.

has anyone ever caught any flak for doing what BDB did above?
So are all of the other states that only issue one license plate overrun with violent felonies?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So are all of the other states that only issue one license plate overrun with violent felonies?
No but AZ does have those cool cameras that will catch you speeding, so they get no front license plate but raise us a dip stick camera.

We are going to deal with BS no matter what there are a lot of yahoo's in Cali, the cops will get us for whatever they want cause maybe they got a stick up their butt that day and they say that car looks sideways to me there for I must straighten it out. They don't take the spirit of the law into consideration and say ya know what let it be.

I agree it is a dumb law, but i also agree there might be a purpose, do i believe what teh government tells me? nope but i live here and unless I am willing to find ways to say to the government to gtfo I get to abide by the rules. The good thing is we have the freedom to bitch about it, as long as Obama approves of this message lol.

Quick Reply: No front plate ticket while parked!