Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

No front plate ticket while parked!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. No guys you do not have a right to drive on a roadway. If you stay on your land you have the right to do whatever you want, but the minute you enter onto or interact with public(state) land you have to do what they want or you can be cited. Its not an erosion of rights, its always been this way and its the way its going to stay. Saying you have a right to drive is like saying you have a right to go dove hunting in a crowded parking lot-its asinine.

Again I agree its a silly law, right up there with seatbelts and no tint, but it is the law and its not infringing upon our constitutional rights.

I'm amazed that so many people get so upset about the front plate thing, yet have little to no emotion regarding the near total revocation of our right to defend ourselves from the government via the second amendment. Seriously people prioritize! When that parolee-at-large is holding a gun on you and your woman and you have no way to defend yourself I'm pretty sure your not going to be too worried about a cite for no front plate.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Dave... I say we find that copper and punch them right in the vagina, only a bitch copper would write such a ridiculous ticket. After we do that we write them a ticket for douche baggery and mail it to their mother cause it is her fault for letting that copper out into society.
lol.

What gets me was that I wasn't driving. The car was parked on the street. I was inside and came out to drive my kids home. Shouldn't a parking enforcer be giving parking tickets? The only time I see them is on Tuesday/Wednesday mornings. You can't park on our side of the street on Wednesdays from 8-10AM and across the street on Tuesdays. Arcadia also doesn't allow overnights parking from 2 (or 3?) to 5AM, unless a permit is displayed.

So what's a cop doing doing driving down out little residential street (that isn't even big enough to be displayed on Google maps street view) at 7:45PM? Shortly before that I was driving like dick on Baldwin, going around all the slow Asian obstacles. Maybe he couldnt catch up to me in time and that was what he deemed "payback?"
Old 12-10-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
lol.

What gets me was that I wasn't driving. The car was parked on the street. I was inside and came out to drive my kids home. Shouldn't a parking enforcer be giving parking tickets? The only time I see them is on Tuesday/Wednesday mornings. You can't park on our side of the street on Wednesdays from 8-10AM and across the street on Tuesdays. Arcadia also doesn't allow overnights parking from 2 (or 3?) to 5AM, unless a permit is displayed.

So what's a cop doing doing driving down out little residential street (that isn't even big enough to be displayed on Google maps street view) at 7:45PM? Shortly before that I was driving like dick on Baldwin, going around all the slow Asian obstacles. Maybe he couldnt catch up to me in time and that was what he deemed "payback?"
His job.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
lol.

That could be it they do like to sit in the Arboretum parking lot. The mall as well, hell anywhere around there looking for Johnny tran and the fast and furious bunch.

Ohh well here is what needs to heppen, people who think they are wonged can question it, we are made to believe we cannot do anything because the deal is we really can't unless there happens to be a massive uproar, he who has the money has the power, tony montana (albeit a fictional character) is right why do you think politicians get their way? Some bills don't even make sense but they get passed because the lights go down and they play whos got my nuts.

Until we revamp the system and really truely stop corruption and make it a well balanced system again, well we have what we have. Now lets all go get drunk cause **** you im drunk.. **** you im drunk, im gonna be drunk till the next time im dunk... thank you flogging molly.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just do what I did, and bend the license plate to fit the contours in the center of the grill, then use 3M bodyside molding tape to tape the plate to the grill.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZMONSTER!
wow. No guys you do not have a right to drive on a roadway. If you stay on your land you have the right to do whatever you want, but the minute you enter onto or interact with public(state) land you have to do what they want or you can be cited. Its not an erosion of rights, its always been this way and its the way its going to stay. Saying you have a right to drive is like saying you have a right to go dove hunting in a crowded parking lot-its asinine.

Again I agree its a silly law, right up there with seatbelts and no tint, but it is the law and its not infringing upon our constitutional rights.

I'm amazed that so many people get so upset about the front plate thing, yet have little to no emotion regarding the near total revocation of our right to defend ourselves from the government via the second amendment. Seriously people prioritize! When that parolee-at-large is holding a gun on you and your woman and you have no way to defend yourself I'm pretty sure your not going to be too worried about a cite for no front plate.
and who controls the state? Certainly not us. and where r the cops when something like this happens? The reason you have no way to defend yourself is because we cant carry guns, you think in that same situation the parolee will do the same thing if he could get killed, probably not.

Last edited by carbonfiberbird; 12-10-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wytry
Stick your plate on the passenger side dash tucked behind the pillar...no ticket and looks kinda cool. It's what I do to avoid those douchebags
that's a good way to try and get out of it,but doesn't look cool at all. trust me its ricey and looks tacky.the law requires the plate to be mounted on the front bumper. I've had this fix it ticket 3X's already.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
and who controls the state? Certainly not us. and when I cops there when something like this happens? The reason you have no way to defend yourself is because we cant carry guns, you think in that same situation the parolee will do the same thing if he could get killed, probably not.
Like i stated earlier california is not a democracy as proved by the judges in the gay marriage ruling before prop 8.

here is a good video on gun control,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_QjE...layer_embedded

Last edited by 180ls1; 12-10-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking

Ted Nugent is the MAN!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
and who controls the state? Certainly not us. and where r the cops when something like this happens? The reason you have no way to defend yourself is because we cant carry guns, you think in that same situation the parolee will do the same thing if he could get killed, probably not.
You dont read too well do you? Summarizing my previous statement: Why worry about your front plate when we cant even defend ourselves? There are better things to worry about.

Quick Reply: No front plate ticket while parked!