Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

car loan was denied...WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
I heard from a friend that bank of america has stopped giving out home equity loans altogether, something is probably going on.
naw bro thats bs i work for bofa and so far thats what pays lots of my bills.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the op;

If you really need to get a car, try to get it through a small dealer, not a bank. There are ones all over the place that WILL approve you, if you want to know them, i could tell you a couple and im sure several other people on here can too.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MSS91Z28
To the op;

If you really need to get a car, try to get it through a small dealer, not a bank. There are ones all over the place that WILL approve you, if you want to know them, i could tell you a couple and im sure several other people on here can too.
they r gonna **** him over though on A. the car's price, or B. the rates... how u been Mike, hows the 3rd gen/
Old 12-11-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** lenders, especially credit card companies.

I had $40k+ in debt, never missed or was late on a payment in 15 years, had a combined line of almost $200k. Early this year, they decided to raise my interest rate (for no logical reason), then decrease my available credit. In essence, they converted my outstanding balance to a personal loan at almost 20%.

Pay cash is my new motto.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

I had $40k+ in debt, never missed or was late on a payment in 15 years, had a combined line of almost $200k. Early this year, they decided to raise my interest rate (for no logical reason), then decrease my available credit. In essence, they converted my outstanding balance to a personal loan at almost 20%.

Yeah Bry, trust me bro i work for them, but they are too fucken un-fare dude, they had all of our customers ether take a rate increase and keep their line of credit or call and decline the increased but close their l.o.c. sucks ***** man...
Old 12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

+ 1 inever missed a payment never late paid more than minumun and i got screwed the same way for no reason wtf my credit cards are not even maxed out well now they are since the lowered my credit line **** i think these credit card companys are just crooks
Old 12-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Teching In

forget that payment plan ****, what you should do is save your money and buy it cash,forget giving the banks interest ...
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 0235SS
they r gonna **** him over though on A. the car's price, or B. the rates... how u been Mike, hows the 3rd gen/
I've been real good, and my car has too
Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 AM
10 Second Club

when i was on active duty last year, I had a 225k mortgage in hand to buy a house. my ex left me, so I decided not to buy... instead looked into buying a GTO. With over 25k cash in my bank account, a 735 credit score, and a 3300/mo salary with only $1500 on CCs... the only bank that would approve me for a 15k loan was Wells Fargo at 11% for an 05 GTO with 15k miles. I said **** it, and put 15k cash into my 94.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:06 AM
11 Second Club

damn hopefully I dont have an issue getting a loan when I get back from this deployment. I have a 735 credit score and just purchased a house in april. I'd have a higher credit score but in like 15 months opened 6 credit cards and ran up high balances. Good thing is I paid off everything and currently have no car payment, no balances on any of the credit cards, but score got hurt by the mistakes I made last year. I'm only looking for like 10k though luckily but hoping the intrest rate is decent
Old 12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Can the creditors legally lower you credit card limit below your balance? I thought that was illegal due to the fact that they automatically hit you for overage charges. i was late once. Just one time with my citi bank card, which i had paid off once before a few years back and ran it up again the apr was down to 9% same with my wells fargo card, wells fargo just upped my apr to 12% I wasn't too happy about that but then citi bank just lowered my limit below my balance. I was like wtf being late once in error and they do this? damn.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'll give you another example of how banks lack business savvy.

My wife overdrew her bank account. She was charged 8 overdraft fees totaling $240. The total owed was $322. Mind you, we never agreed to any overdraft protection from her bank when opening the account. We didn't need it, we had credit cards if we were cash-strapped.

I was informed that yes, we didn't agree to it when opening the account, but because we have been a loyal customer for 10 years, we had up to $1k in overdraft protection. We would have had to opt out if we didn't want the protection.

I went into my local branch to settle, stating I would be responsible for the first charge, but after that, my wife should not have been allowed to use the card. I would pay for one overdraft charge, plus the cost of the items purchased. They contacted the branch manager at the bank we originally opened the account at, he stated he could only reduce the number of overdraft fees by half.

What I was stating I would pay is $222, cash in hand. They said no, it went to collections. Collections offered to settle for $80. What do you think the debt was sold to collections for?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll give you another example of how banks lack business savvy.

My wife overdrew her bank account. She was charged 8 overdraft fees totaling $240. The total owed was $322. Mind you, we never agreed to any overdraft protection from her bank when opening the account. We didn't need it, we had credit cards if we were cash-strapped.

I was informed that yes, we didn't agree to it when opening the account, but because we have been a loyal customer for 10 years, we had up to $1k in overdraft protection. We would have had to opt out if we didn't want the protection.

I went into my local branch to settle, stating I would be responsible for the first charge, but after that, my wife should not have been allowed to use the card. I would pay for one overdraft charge, plus the cost of the items purchased. They contacted the branch manager at the bank we originally opened the account at, he stated he could only reduce the number of overdraft fees by half.

What I was stating I would pay is $222, cash in hand. They said no, it went to collections. Collections offered to settle for $80. What do you think the debt was sold to collections for?
I hear ya bry i have been dealing with this shenanigans with my bank for a while, several times this year I will have like $30 left charge two items and bring my balance down to like $10, for some reason there then appears a $28 overdraft charge, bringing me really into overdraft, then from that I am thinking ohh I can grab this $6 lunch, well there is another negative $34 the most expensive $6 lunch, then I say dang i need this little pack of gum or something small usually by the time I think I have $5 left, I then am negative like $75 and one time the charged me two over draft fees. I went in earlier this year and they said well it could be because you are using it as credit.. I say to that BS the only charges on this list that were charged "Credit" were at restarants, the rest were debit. They refunded me the $175, then said we can't do this anymore this year, I said ok then I am looking for another bank, and come this pay period or one soon i will be getting out of the credit union I am with.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 PM
10 Second Club

an automatic bill payment just overdrew my USAA checking account by $.06, that's gonna be a damn expensive 6 cent loan
Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

I have been hearing lately that it is harder to get a loan thru a credit union than a big bank...i.e. bank of america, national city, chase...so on
Old 12-15-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 180ls1
I dont blame banks for being the way they are right now, look the mess this whole country is in because people cant pay for their sh*t.
TRUTH! if people wouldnt have agreed to the adjustable apr on home loans or any other loan for that fact, most people would have kept their homes.

A few years ago I bought my truck, was upside by quite abit on my truck i traded in. I wish they would have denied me now. I have a 460 dollar payment everymonth on a truck that I would probably be lucky to get 17K out of. i owe 20-22 btw.

that 460 a month would have gone a looooong way in this housing market.

I don't place all the blame on the banks, just a majority on those greedy pig *******. It's going to take one hell of a fight to dig this country out of the hole we're in. I mean truley out of it, not just to get the speculators to say were comeing back.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

You gotta bring your ratio down. That is the problem, they don't want to see over 30% debt. Should help your credit too. If you got money for a new loan, why don't you pay off more than the minimum balance on those cards?

There is no way that money is earning more interest in a savings account every 30 days vs the rates on those cards...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
an automatic bill payment just overdrew my USAA checking account by $.06, that's gonna be a damn expensive 6 cent loan
Call them and ask, in a polite non-threatening way, to remove the overdraft fee.

Banks are facing much criticism right now for their overdraft policies, so you may have some leverage.

Originally Posted by shtnfrds
TRUTH! if people wouldnt have agreed to the adjustable apr on home loans or any other loan for that fact, most people would have kept their homes.
Or educated themselves on the loans they got.

For example, I refinanced my mortgage 3 or so years ago, tied it to a good index, and am currently paying 3.99%.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Navy Federal nearly doubled my credit card rate (to 13.9%)...in part supposedly due to my credit (720). The amusing thing is that they then nearly doubled my credit limit on that card the next week. Yeah...you don't qualify for the lower percentage rate, but your credit worthiness is such that we'll extend you more credit. lol.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Signs of the times....people are afraid to loan. Banks can't pay on their debts necessarily with excess reserves, so they are hesitant to loan to everyone...

Quick Reply: car loan was denied...WTF?