Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

car loan was denied...WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got a cts-v on Sept. thru my CU...Ventura county credit union for 22k my credit is below 700 just a tad but my debt to income was real low that is what is hurting u bro....my rate is a lil high at 9% but was approved
Old 12-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by johnlv6
Navy Federal nearly doubled my credit card rate (to 13.9%)...in part supposedly due to my credit (720). The amusing thing is that they then nearly doubled my credit limit on that card the next week. Yeah...you don't qualify for the lower percentage rate, but your credit worthiness is such that we'll extend you more credit. lol.
Nah, this is probably due to the legislation going into effect which will make it harder to change credit card rates. Pretty much every company is trying jack them up now rather than once it goes into effect.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedGut86
Nah, this is probably due to the legislation going into effect which will make it harder to change credit card rates. Pretty much every company is trying jack them up now rather than once it goes into effect.
That's what the letter I received in the mail claimed. When I called and spoke with them, they said it was because of my credit. I've been banking with them for about 15 years and have never had an issue with them until now.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by johnlv6
That's what the letter I received in the mail claimed. When I called and spoke with them, they said it was because of my credit. I've been banking with them for about 15 years and have never had an issue with them until now.
BS. They wouldn't raise your limit after that. Either way, if the legislation wasn't going into effect I doubt it would've happened.

Do you carry a balance? If you don't, doesn't matter.

I just bought a 26k car 5 months ago and had ~780 credit at the time. 0 debt until then. I also had my limits raised, I don't really car though. I've never carried a balance and never will. I will (and have) forgone food before I pay them interest.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedGut86
My thoughts exactly.

It all started (for me and my wife) in March of this year. First Discover, then BofA, then Chase, then Citi. I called each and let them know they will see no more money from me since they essentially converted every outstanding balance into a personal loan at 20% APR. They did this by systematically increasing the interest rate and decreasing the available credit.

It is no longer a "credit" card if there is no balance left to borrow on.

Mind you, I have not missed a payment in about 15+ years. Been late not more than 3 times, and that was 10+ years ago (correcting my previous post, since I remembered being late for a few payments back when I lived in San Diego).
Old 12-18-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
My thoughts exactly.

It all started (for me and my wife) in March of this year. First Discover, then BofA, then Chase, then Citi. I called each and let them know they will see no more money from me since they essentially converted every outstanding balance into a personal loan at 20% APR. They did this by systematically increasing the interest rate and decreasing the available credit.

It is no longer a "credit" card if there is no balance left to borrow on.

Mind you, I have not missed a payment in about 15+ years. Been late not more than 3 times, and that was 10+ years ago (correcting my previous post, since I remembered being late for a few payments back when I lived in San Diego).
you could always lie and tell them you have no job and are going to default on your debt. they'll put you on a hardship program with like %0 interest rate, close your card and might not report it on your credit.

imo, a little line about debt restructuring on your credit might be worth not giving those f**kers any more interest especially after the bailout.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned

they should have gave you the loan i have only had credit for 2 years now and they let me get a 10,000 loan for my camaro

Quick Reply: car loan was denied...WTF?