Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you can only take traffic school every 18 months
Old 02-02-2010, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
You can take traffic school once ever 18 months here in Orange County. They hardly ever allow you to take traffic school again before that 18 months is up. And if you are going 20 over in a school zone, good luck asking for a fine reduction.

I just got a ticket for 20 over on the freeway (85 in a 65), that's a $100 fine, plus fees and assesments it comes out to $481.
The whole getting traffic school before 18 months depends on the court house, and sometimes the judge. The two court houses I know of will allow second offenders traffic school. The judge will usually warn you that it is for DMV purposes so that you do not incur a point, but it can still be used against you for insurance purposes.

If anything, if you don't want to fight the ticket, it wouldn't hurt to ask for second offender traffic school.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fight by mail. Easiest and best way to go. If you fail to win your case you can still take traffic school.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Junkie

read this...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...et-ticket.html
Old 02-04-2010, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RitcheyRch
Easy solution, DONT SPEED.
We didn't buy F-bodies to do that, now did we? haha
Old 02-04-2010, 12:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 3.8redbird
Anyone know the rule about cops not being visible at all sitting in a vancant lot? I was under the assumption they had to have at least their marker lights on.
YES. Their Markers have to be on at the very least, otherwise it's "entrapment". But It doesn't really matter. Cops can do whatever they please. I just got pulled over about a week ago (did a fish tail around a corner) and the cop was sitting parked with no lights on and I saw him after and so I just pulled over and for that, he just let me go with a warning. I was considering saying something but it's his word against mine.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by caseypryan
YES. Their Markers have to be on at the very least, otherwise it's "entrapment". But It doesn't really matter. Cops can do whatever they please. I just got pulled over about a week ago (did a fish tail around a corner) and the cop was sitting parked with no lights on and I saw him after and so I just pulled over and for that, he just let me go with a warning. I was considering saying something but it's his word against mine.
I don't think that is a law here. The cop can hop out of a tree and give you a ticket. If you are doing something wrong, your are doing something wrong...how is that entrapment?
I don't know how the, "You didn't let me see you before I broke the law." defense will work...
Old 02-04-2010, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think that is a law here. The cop can hop out of a tree and give you a ticket. If you are doing something wrong, your are doing something wrong...how is that entrapment?
I don't know how the, "You didn't let me see you before I broke the law." defense will work...
Its more for the cops safety IMO. I passed a highway patrol sitting on the shoulder with all of his lights off. I saw him in the car and he was no where near a street light. He could easily wind up a smear on the side of the road.

My cop had already handed me my ticket when I asked if he should have his lights on and he said no. I asked him to define the entrapment code and he just walked away....
Old 02-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Good point

We didn't buy F-bodies to do that, now did we? haha
Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Its more for the cops safety IMO. I passed a highway patrol sitting on the shoulder with all of his lights off. I saw him in the car and he was no where near a street light. He could easily wind up a smear on the side of the road.

My cop had already handed me my ticket when I asked if he should have his lights on and he said no. I asked him to define the entrapment code and he just walked away....
No offense, but how the hell is a cop sitting out of view with no lights on entrapment?! He's not setting you up to speed and then busting you, you are already doing it, aka breaking the law. You deserve a ticket. Same as the rest of us, including myself on several occations.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:47 PM
TECH Regular

I love these back yard theories that have been wrongly passed down from generation to generation....

!st off, Police Officers, DO NOT need to have lights on, or markers on, or tell people where we are...

there are lots of these theories that have been passed down, they are simply not true. In fact, we can do pretty much anything right up until get in your car and speed for you then cite you. So if you wanna speed, COOL, just remember when you get caught its your own fault, and its not ENTRAPMENT... You speed, You get caught, YOU lose.... PERIOD!
Old 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

HE walked away, because if he dealt with one more dumb *** stupid comment like you ordering him to recite the entrapment code, he probably woulda strangled you and drug you out the window.

People who dont know.... shouldnt speak.... "ENTRAPMENT CODE" wtf is that?!?!?! "I live by the entrapment code"... what???!?!!?!?!?!?! moron!
Old 02-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SunOfZ
just got a speeding ticket today for going 45 in a 25 "school zone". the ticket doesnt mention anything about a school zone just says "unsafe speed". anyone know what i should expect from this ticket? and fyi i go to traffic school thursday for my other speeding ticket i got on august 3rd. haha *** its feb 1st i hope that counts as six months!

On a lighter note i just got off work and had some fun with a really nice blue ss. we played some tag and had a couple pulls all the way from where the 60frwy and 605frwy merge to the 210. anyone here on tech?? really nice ride!!
Do a search on "Trial by Declaration California."
Old 02-04-2010, 03:18 PM
12 Second Club

Haha I was just repeating what my officer neighbor told me. I also live in Nevada so laws may be different. Either way I wasn't saying its a way to get out of a ticket at all. If anything that makes it worse. Just answering what was asked. I may be wrong though lol
Old 02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
12 Second Club

Who said "I live by the entrapment code" haha?
Old 02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by popo8
HORRIBLE ADVICE..... what could be a verbal or written warning is GUARANTEED to be a "full boat" citation when you become challenging and all knowing...

FYI sixshooter, WE DONT NEED TO SHOW THE SPEEDER ****!... and Driving at safe speeds, according to LAW is the cops perception based on experience, and usually a break that a "full boat" cite. But hey.... you challenge the cop next time he catches you in one of your KILL STORY races.... see where that gets you....
I got screwed over in a court room, for that very reason, FHP officer said that is what we do first is make a visual apporximation. But I caught him lying several times and the judge thought I was makign a mockary of his court room. So i still got the ticket.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Launching!

not to hijack thread but i got a ticket for speeding and theres no speeding sign.well the cop told me that he was pacing me after i had made a left on to a street wich i was half way down the street when he decided to fallow me.wich it would take him 55 mph to catch up to me going 35 half way down the street.i got the ticket for going 56 in a 35 and theres no ******* speeding signs on the street.he wrote he got me going on speed approx. 55 then he wrote 56 on the radar side.when i asked him to show me the radar he said thats the speed i was pacing u at, i was like wtf.i got vids and pics of the street for when i go to court.any chance i might beat that.never told the cop how fast i was going never told him nothing didnt wanna incriminate myself. just take it to court no point in arguing with the cop at the end u always get the ticket.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sic7camaro
not to hijack thread but i got a ticket for speeding and theres no speeding sign.well the cop told me that he was pacing me after i had made a left on to a street wich i was half way down the street when he decided to fallow me.wich it would take him 55 mph to catch up to me going 35 half way down the street.i got the ticket for going 56 in a 35 and theres no ******* speeding signs on the street.he wrote he got me going on speed approx. 55 then he wrote 56 on the radar side.when i asked him to show me the radar he said thats the speed i was pacing u at, i was like wtf.i got vids and pics of the street for when i go to court.any chance i might beat that.never told the cop how fast i was going never told him nothing didnt wanna incriminate myself. just take it to court no point in arguing with the cop at the end u always get the ticket.
You definitely can't say, "I didn't see any speed limit signs." In CA, residential or not, if there are no posted speed limits, the speed limit is assumed to be 25.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Launching!

You definitely can't say, "I didn't see any speed limit signs." In CA, residential or not, if there are no posted speed limits, the speed limit is assumed to be 25.
is not that i didnt see any there isnt any on that street at all,but thanks on that 25mph didnt know that.there goes $257 for the ticket.

Quick Reply: i hate speeding tickets!