TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
use it
Old 02-04-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caseypryan
Haha I was just repeating what my officer neighbor told me. I also live in Nevada so laws may be different. Either way I wasn't saying its a way to get out of a ticket at all. If anything that makes it worse. Just answering what was asked. I may be wrong though lol
laws do differ from states, however leaving lights on or not, is not a "law" anywhere...
Old 02-04-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by caseypryan
Haha I was just repeating what my officer neighbor told me. I also live in Nevada so laws may be different. Either way I wasn't saying its a way to get out of a ticket at all. If anything that makes it worse. Just answering what was asked. I may be wrong though lol
Originally Posted by sic7camaro
not to hijack thread but i got a ticket for speeding and theres no speeding sign.well the cop told me that he was pacing me after i had made a left on to a street wich i was half way down the street when he decided to fallow me.wich it would take him 55 mph to catch up to me going 35 half way down the street.i got the ticket for going 56 in a 35 and theres no ******* speeding signs on the street.he wrote he got me going on speed approx. 55 then he wrote 56 on the radar side.when i asked him to show me the radar he said thats the speed i was pacing u at, i was like wtf.i got vids and pics of the street for when i go to court.any chance i might beat that.never told the cop how fast i was going never told him nothing didnt wanna incriminate myself. just take it to court no point in arguing with the cop at the end u always get the ticket.
In PA, the speed limit sign must be posted every so often... I believe it is every mile, or something like that.

And your right, whether the cop is a dick or not, there is no point in arguing. As i read somewhere else.... dont make yourself someone we remember. Because at the time of the hearing, we will remember how much of a pita you were, when being asked to be lienient.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

My best advice for anyone who gets pulled over:
-be courteous (we as Officers LOVE our egos stroked)
-dont argue.(if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything)
-if you recieve a citation, plead not guilty and argue it at court, no point in arguing with the cop... trust me, when you do, we look for other infractions that initially we may overlook.
-if you get a verbal or written warning, make sure to say thanks....

And I STRESS, ulike someone said on here..... DONT DEMAND anything.... you wont win. (right or wrong)
Old 02-04-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a speeding ticket a while back. I was right about to cross the intersection when it turned yellow on me, and I was doing 40 on a 35, I floored it just a little, honked while I passed the yellow light, about 5 minutes later I see a Sheriff behind me running my plate. Pulls me over. He says do you know why I pulled you over, I said no I dont. He said for speeding. He told me do you know how fast you were going, I said about 40-45, he said no, 70mph. I said what are you serious, he said yea. I told him did you get me with the speed gun, he said no, its a visual estimate. To me this cop is blind. 70 mphs is a fwy speed not in a 35 zone. What Im doing is Im gonna talk to the judge settle something out, or community service. I believe its a point to your license. If you wanna erase it, your gonna have to wait 18 months to clear it.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Teching In

i got pulled over like 4 months ago for going 65 in a school zone in the ticket was $496, so it shouldn't be more than that
Old 02-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Get a lawyer......................................
Old 02-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Get a lawyer.........................:d
Old 02-04-2010, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

I probably didn't understand him at the time, he may have said they're "supposed" to have their lights on, which I interpreted as a law haha. Thanks popo8 I think your advice is right. I usually try to do those things and I still have no tickets in my SS then again I've only been pulled over a couple of times.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't comment in these threads too much anymore because in the end I basically end up venting my pure disgust and hatred for traffic cops being the lowest scum of the earth...

but that's just my personal opinion...
Old 02-05-2010, 03:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I don't comment in these threads too much anymore because in the end I basically end up venting my pure disgust and hatred for traffic cops being the lowest scum of the earth...

but that's just my personal opinion...
well thats very nice of you. And I hope some of your local LE Officers have the opportunity to see that and remember it next time you dial 911 for help...
Old 02-05-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by popo8
well thats very nice of you. And I hope some of your local LE Officers have the opportunity to see that and remember it next time you dial 911 for help...
He said traffic cops... Do they respond to emergency calls?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by popo8
My best advice for anyone who gets pulled over:
-be courteous (we as Officers LOVE our egos stroked)
you love your egos stroked? **** that.
remember you're a public servant. you should consider taking some windshield wipes with you and cleaning some windows while you wait for motorists to find their license and registration.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bobdole
Remember you're a public servant. You should consider taking some windshield wipes with you and cleaning some windows while you wait for motorists to find their license and registration.
^^^lol
Old 02-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
remember you're a public servant. you should consider taking some windshield wipes with you and cleaning some windows while you wait for motorists to find their license and registration.
Seriously, judging by his post he seems like most cops on power trips. He even called a member a "moron" just by posting what he has heard, imagine if he would of told that to his face...dude is in the wrong field, like most of them.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OMG speeding in a school zone!? You must hate children!

LOOK EVERYONE HE HATES CHILDREN!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Some places yes.... they are one in the same.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Originally Posted by BobDoLe
Oh, here we go, another one of THOSE.... you keep going, and next time you hear "press hard 5 copies" know I'll be thinking bout you douche.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fspeedster
Seriously, judging by his post he seems like most cops on power trips. He even called a member a "moron" just by posting what he has heard, imagine if he would of told that to his face...dude is in the wrong field, like most of them.
Is that right, MORON?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtFjKZgjIJ4

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/023/liar-speeding.wav

Quick Reply: i hate speeding tickets!