Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

i hate speeding tickets!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry i hate speeding tickets!

just got a speeding ticket today for going 45 in a 25 "school zone". the ticket doesnt mention anything about a school zone just says "unsafe speed". anyone know what i should expect from this ticket? and fyi i go to traffic school thursday for my other speeding ticket i got on august 3rd. haha *** its feb 1st i hope that counts as six months!

On a lighter note i just got off work and had some fun with a really nice blue ss. we played some tag and had a couple pulls all the way from where the 60frwy and 605frwy merge to the 210. anyone here on tech?? really nice ride!!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In PA driving at safe speeds, means 2 points on your license. DOnt think that realy helps you, but thats all I got man.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Default REply

I got a speeding ticket last oct going 55 at a 40 i payed 222.00 in temecula ca.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:10 AM
Launching!

if youre going over 20 the speed limit here its criminal speeding... never had "unsafe" speed it could mean he didnt quite know how fast you were going... if it doesnt say your speed on the ticket that is but it should have an approximate... always ask to see the radar when they pull you over and if they cant provide it to you say you will see them in court and then fight and just say I can point to any car and say it was going at xx mph too or if youre a chick just wear a low cut shirt
Old 02-02-2010, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Find out if it is a school zone. What time of day were you driving and were there any students present? Also, what is the normal speed limit when the school zone is not enforced?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just payed off my 43 in a 35 at 2am after a long 6 mile jog. driving with no shirt license not on me and sweating like crazy. turned out the court costs were $112 ticket was $39.
Mine just said speeding and I am amazed he got me at 43 and not the 50 I was going.
Im in texas too but each city is different.

Anyone know the rule about cops not being visible at all sitting in a vancant lot? I was under the assumption they had to have at least their marker lights on.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Easy solution, DONT SPEED.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Teching In

and fyi i go to traffic school thursday for my other speeding ticket i got on august 3rd. haha *** its feb 1st i hope that counts as six months!

I think your out of luck on this one. Not sure where you got your ticket, but here in cali, their is a 18 month grace period from the last traffic school before you could be eligible to take traffic school again.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ElWS6
and fyi i go to traffic school thursday for my other speeding ticket i got on august 3rd. haha *** its feb 1st i hope that counts as six months!

I think your out of luck on this one. Not sure where you got your ticket, but here in cali, their is a 18 month grace period from the last traffic school before you could be eligible to take traffic school again.
in my city is 12 months
Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

my last speeding ticket i got was going 82 on the frwy. my fine was around $450. so thats what im going by right now on what to expect money wise. i do know that here in cali. as long as you dont double the speed limit, like for example going 50 in a 25, you in way better shape. so i think i should be ok at least in that regard because the ticket says 45 in a 25 zone.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Default ...

as for traffic school, the last time i went was about 2yrs ago and from what the instructor told us was that you actually can attend traffic school within 6months of your last traffic school. but in order to do this you must request "2nd offender traffic school". ive yet to put it to the test but im damn well going to try! and i guess since i have to attend traffic school thursday i have something to talk about with the class lol
Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

WOW really here in PA they won't pull you over for a 43 in a 35 I don't consider it speeding 8MPH over the limit if the car can do it.... now if you were in a geo metro then I would be conserned but a FBody cn handle and brake faster then most
Old 02-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SunOfZ
as for traffic school, the last time i went was about 2yrs ago and from what the instructor told us was that you actually can attend traffic school within 6months of your last traffic school. but in order to do this you must request "2nd offender traffic school". ive yet to put it to the test but im damn well going to try! and i guess since i have to attend traffic school thursday i have something to talk about with the class lol
Well if you can take it again go for it. Im just speaking from experience because I was in the same boat as you. I had got a second ticket around the same time and when I requested for the second time to take traffic school they denied me and told me about the 18 months grace period. Good luck man.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
WOW really here in PA they won't pull you over for a 43 in a 35 I don't consider it speeding 8MPH over the limit if the car can do it.... now if you were in a geo metro then I would be conserned but a FBody cn handle and brake faster then most
If I wasnt in my blazer and in my vette it would have been a different story. power trip young cop.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You can take traffic school once ever 18 months here in Orange County. They hardly ever allow you to take traffic school again before that 18 months is up. And if you are going 20 over in a school zone, good luck asking for a fine reduction.

I just got a ticket for 20 over on the freeway (85 in a 65), that's a $100 fine, plus fees and assesments it comes out to $481.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21

Hell, I dont stop till 17mph over the speed limit.....

Either way, its usually a verbal warning, unless you **** me off.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SixShooterCam
if youre going over 20 the speed limit here its criminal speeding... never had "unsafe" speed it could mean he didnt quite know how fast you were going... if it doesnt say your speed on the ticket that is but it should have an approximate... always ask to see the radar when they pull you over and if they cant provide it to you say you will see them in court and then fight and just say I can point to any car and say it was going at xx mph too or if youre a chick just wear a low cut shirt
HORRIBLE ADVICE..... what could be a verbal or written warning is GUARANTEED to be a "full boat" citation when you become challenging and all knowing...

FYI sixshooter, WE DONT NEED TO SHOW THE SPEEDER ****!... and Driving at safe speeds, according to LAW is the cops perception based on experience, and usually a break that a "full boat" cite. But hey.... you challenge the cop next time he catches you in one of your KILL STORY races.... see where that gets you....
Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Launching!

CA (five years ago) had a rule that if your second speeding ticket was in another county from the first one, you can go to another traffic school immediately.

If your second ticket was in the same county, then you probably need a lawyer.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

I hate the fact that I read this thread today because it jinx me. I got a speeding ticket 52 on a 40.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

45 in a 25 is pretty bad. might as well get a speeding ticket "lawyer" to help you out. i got a 37 in a 25 once. i was a 17 going 70mph over those 25mph speed bumps... going down hill and standing on the brakes to avoid running a stop sign, the cop got me as i was slowing down. that one cost me more than any 90+ speeding ticket i ever got.

Originally Posted by RitcheyRch
Easy solution, DONT SPEED.

Quick Reply: i hate speeding tickets!