Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Corvette Test Drive Turns Fatal...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a dumbass. Sympathy goes to the kids/husband.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

sucks about the accident.

i didnt hear that she was married, i just heard that she was 29 and had 4 kids. i was thinking to myself, sounds responsible to me, 29, 4 kids, supercharged corvette.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Joshiedoom
What a dumbass. Sympathy goes to the kids/husband.
Dont be a jackass...a person died! Maybe she didnt have the best judgement, but that is no reason for you to act like a jackass!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

She used to work at West Coast Corvette until they laid her off. That was her husbands vette she was trying to sell to make a few bucks. It was a 600hp LS1 with a maggie.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by WS697RamAir
Dont be a jackass...a person died! Maybe she didnt have the best judgement, but that is no reason for you to act like a jackass!
If you had seen a driver street racing down a public street during the day, almost losing control while speeding around a turn, you'd probably call the driver a dumbass.

Now if you had seen the same driver wreck the car after losing control and almost hitting a building, but walked away safely, you'd still think the driver was a dumbass.

Now the fact that the driver was fatally injured during the wreck doesn't make the driver a dumbass?

Just saying...
My condolences to the drivers family.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
If you had seen a driver street racing down a public street during the day, almost losing control while speeding around a turn, you'd probably call the driver a dumbass.

Now if you had seen the same driver wreck the car after losing control and almost hitting a building, but walked away safely, you'd still think the driver was a dumbass.

Now the fact that the driver was fatally injured during the wreck doesn't make the driver a dumbass?

Just saying...
My condolences to the drivers family.
i hate to sound like a damn preacher, but I believe that people should be more sensitive to the fact that a person died. i think most people on this site mess around in public and/or street race every once in a while, but when another person dies in a car crash, they are suddenly a dumbass? maybe a bad driver, but i dont think dumbass is the word we need to be using.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:37 PM
11 Second Club

Very Sad.. God Bless her Family
Old 02-18-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

i hate to sound like a damn preacher, but I believe that people should be more sensitive to the fact that a person died. i think most people on this site mess around in public and/or street race every once in a while, but when another person dies in a car crash, they are suddenly a dumbass? maybe a bad driver, but i dont think dumbass is the word we need to be using.
I get what you are saying totally. But I can also see it the other way where people get overly sensitive to a certain sitution when the outcome is different.
The same crash with no injuries/minor injuries is viewed differently than when a fatality occurs.
A driver's death caused by his/her actions doesn't negate the lack of thinking in thier actions...

P.S. I am a dumbass as well, trust me...
Old 02-18-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are making fun of the situation but on the other side of the story the lady had like 2 or 3 kids and one of them was only 10 months old. I mean if that was your mom that would really suck. So I say RIP to her and praise God that the passenger didn't die too
Old 02-18-2010, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I said moment of stupidity because its stupid to floor it mid-turn with 600hp like she did. Its pretty messed up.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
You guys are making fun of the situation but on the other side of the story the lady had like 2 or 3 kids and one of them was only 10 months old. I mean if that was your mom that would really suck. So I say RIP to her and praise God that the passenger didn't die too
4 kids...
Old 02-18-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

I am a dumbass as well, trust me...
Would be a hilarious quote under your Will Farrell pic.

On another note, we should all learn from this and not floor it till you're out of the turn.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 AM
12 Second Club

If i am driving fast and my gf or one of my buds is with me and i die and i almost get them killed them I am I ******* idiot, I dont have kids so in my opinion that even worse if you do that and have kids. People need to grow up. I loved my grandfather and always will but he is a ******* dumbass for smoking and dying of lungcancer. Call em like I see em bro.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haighter
Deppending on the size of the settlment I would rather not be in any car accident. Car accidents can be very traumatizing and make driving or being in traffic the last thing you want to do, even if your life depends on it.
I agree, yeah it's a good idea ohh somewhat free money, but I was in a bad accident day after my 18th birthday my neck and back are still totally screwed to this day thats 7 years ago. I stopped the kid behind me didn't and slammed into the back of my car going a tad over 35mph. When in traffic if I hear any car lock up its breaks behind me or around me I tense up really bad.

Sucks for him to have to go through that she is dumb as bricks thankfully shes not around to make more children. Sucks that a corvette was lost, and I do feel bad for her family.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

uh wut

how can you NOT call her a dumbass?

clearly did NOT have to be going that fast, and to lose control of the car. youd think a mother of 4 would have a bit more common sense when showing a car to a potential buyer. stupid. RIP.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Launching!

That's why I always keep the traction control on unless I'm doing a burnout! She was not familiar with the power and that could have saved her!
Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats very sad!!! I would never want to be involved in a accident where someone lost there life, No matter the settlement recieved, I would have to live with it, Guess its just me but I would feel like if I wasnt wanting to test ride in it, She wouldnt be died!
Old 02-20-2010, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I would say "Mom: less gas, more brake".
Old 02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Meh, depending on the injuries recieved, I wouldn't mind getting into a crash to potentially get a nice settlement.
Hey man the mother of 4 died.You can always make more money.You would want someonre do die for it?
Old 02-20-2010, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Some of you guys are so heartless. It wasn't a good move but that mother of 4 is now dead.That's a great loss for any family. It's not about the money, we can all make more money if you try hard enough. That **** comes and goes.We all are guilty of doing some thing we shouldn't do. I'm sure a least 80% of the people on this board have had a street race at least once in there life and that's all it take for us to get killed or kill someone else. So just be mindful that we're all guilty of Bad Judgement!Maybe they needed the money in a bad way and she just wanted the impress the buyer. Think about her husband who may feel like it's his fault for letting her take the car out.It's going to be a lot devastation be hind all of this, those poor kids and husband all gonna be in a bad way. My simpathy goes to her family.If you guys ever lost a wife or came close to it you'ed have a little more heart about it.

Quick Reply: Corvette Test Drive Turns Fatal...