Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Corvette Test Drive Turns Fatal...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I lost my wife and my car in the same day, there would be no reason to live. I can only imagine what this man is going through. Let this be a lesson to those of you who are married and do not teach your wives the proper way to drive these machines. When I caught my wife sneaking around town in my Camaro I lost my mind, then I actually taught her how to drive the thing. Many people underestimate how much power 600rwhp really is. Ignorance is not excuse when driving these cars. She made a horrible decision which she paid for with her life. It was dumb yes, but I do not believe the punishment fit the crime in this situation. She made a mistake that will forever scar her children. Also just a note to those who have no real emotions. This a public forum and I am sure the owner of this car was at one time a member here. So please keep that in mind. I will also say a prayer for her and her family in these difficult times.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pedaltothemetal
That's why I always keep the traction control on unless I'm doing a burnout! She was not familiar with the power and that could have saved her!
x2...thats what i was thinkin...even with 600hp mid turn if the TC was on she shouldnt of gone that sideways and out of control right?.....she musta switched it off...

it is very sad, i fell sorry for the kids.....but 600hp and if u dont know how to drive it responibly, u are asking for trouble.....i woulda been so pissed if i was the buyer he coulda died too, plus being in the car with her dead next to you.....doesnt sound fun...

im sorry but some women are terrible drivers...but think they are good...

Originally Posted by EOD_JOE
If I lost my wife and my car in the same day, there would be no reason to live. I can only imagine what this man is going through. Let this be a lesson to those of you who are married and do not teach your wives the proper way to drive these machines. When I caught my wife sneaking around town in my Camaro I lost my mind, then I actually taught her how to drive the thing. Many people underestimate how much power 600rwhp really is. Ignorance is not excuse when driving these cars. She made a horrible decision which she paid for with her life. It was dumb yes, but I do not believe the punishment fit the crime in this situation. She made a mistake that will forever scar her children. Also just a note to those who have no real emotions. This a public forum and I am sure the owner of this car was at one time a member here. So please keep that in mind. I will also say a prayer for her and her family in these difficult times.
x2 again, i totally agree with you man, losing ur wife in YOUR fast *** car ...horrible.........but i cant belive u caught ur wife driven urs...LOL Glad my wife cant drive stick LOL
Old 02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Guess for one I am glad my wife knows how to drive fast cars, and 2 it wasn't my wife or Corvette in that accident.

And on one of the articles, people are posting that "their is no way she was showing off" and someone even suggested she was being kidnapped or carjacked. WTF? If you were not showing off and doing 35 mph...well my Fbody is hard to "loose control with" at 35 mph in the ICE!! so that Vette at 35 mph....would be damn near impossible... She had to have been hot rodding it to crash it and loose control like that...

And FWIW, she use to work at a Chevy dealership until she was laid off and her and her husband had been around Corvettes for a long time. So she was even familiar with this car, and still drove reckless....

Sad story, but let this be a lesson to all of us.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Lanaue
Hey man the mother of 4 died.You can always make more money.You would want someonre do die for it?
She made a mistake and her and her family paid dearly for it. I know the feeling when a car you worked so hard on you end up selling you want to show it off a little and get your last little fun out of it. It's sad either way.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Evil 'Bird
x2 again, i totally agree with you man, losing ur wife in YOUR fast *** car ...horrible.........but i cant belive u caught ur wife driven urs...LOL Glad my wife cant drive stick LOL

Yeah I got off that morning early. Let me tell you... It was like findng her in bed with another woman. At first I was like WTF!!!! Then I calmed down and thought about how nice it would be for me Now I can buy parts and say it is for the both of us She wants to be apart of my build now. I love her dearly, but I did tell her she can't drive it with out me until I am comfortable with it.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of you guys are so heartless. It wasn't a good move but that mother of 4 is now dead.That's a great loss for any family. It's not about the money, we can all make more money if you try hard enough. That **** comes and goes.We all are guilty of doing some thing we shouldn't do. I'm sure a least 80% of the people on this board have had a street race at least once in there life and that's all it take for us to get killed or kill someone else. So just be mindful that we're all guilty of Bad Judgement!Maybe they needed the money in a bad way and she just wanted the impress the buyer. Think about her husband who may feel like it's his fault for letting her take the car out.It's going to be a lot devastation be hind all of this, those poor kids and husband all gonna be in a bad way. My simpathy goes to her family.If you guys ever lost a wife or came close to it you'ed have a little more heart about it.

Yes I have made bad judgment calls a couple times, but the difference is she was a mother of 4 and had a husband, as soon (if I ever) have kids watch my *** be safe as a Nun on Sunday. I won't be doing something stupid to leave my kids without a father (or in that case a mother). There are too many families missing one parent or the other and people turn out ok but it helps make a better family bond with both there assuming they are both in their right minds and not horrible people lol.

I am not happy that she died nor am I wanting it to happen to anyone ever but when you have those responsibilities resting on you, you gotta step it up and act accordingly. At least that's just my opinion.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

If my wife died totaling my bird, I'd upgrade both.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
If my wife died totaling my bird, I'd upgrade both.
^^^Hahaha
Old 02-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Launching!

(I'm only posting so that anyone reading this thread who isn't a ******* JACKASS doesn't think that all LS1-owners are COMPLETELY ******* STUPID HEARTLESS SELF-RIGHTEOUS IDIOTS ******** who can only throw ignorant statements around because they haven't been CAUGHT doing the DUMBASS **** they do).

Call me when your mother dies, so I can come **** on her grave at her funeral.

Makes me ashamed to be associated by vehicle with you children.

******* Idiots
Old 02-21-2010, 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

This shouldn't be taken lightly. Shouldn't be romping on it so much.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Resident

http://westcoastcorvette.com/p-2971-...rial-fund.aspx
Old 02-21-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

You thin-skinned people make me laugh. Just because someone is a parent of 4 does not hold them above ridicule. In fact, if the accident was her fault, it means she should be ridiculed more. As a parent, your duties include to provide for your kids, raise your kids, be there for them, and you can't do that if your own actions lead to your untimely death. Tragic and unfortunate, yes. Above ridicule, no.

For the same reason some of you believe she is not to be criticized because she is a mother. I believe we should be more critical. As tragic as it may be, her unfortunate actions and poor decisions lead to her untimely death and could have lead to the death of an innocent occupant (or even someone else's kid playing in their front yard). Four kids are left mother-less because of her mistake.

It would be nice to know it was a mechanical error that caused the crash. That way she would be free of criticism.

That's just my opinion.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
You thin-skinned people make me laugh. Just because someone is a parent of 4 does not hold them above ridicule. In fact, if the accident was her fault, it means she should be ridiculed more. As a parent, your duties include to provide for your kids, raise your kids, be there for them, and you can't do that if your own actions lead to your untimely death. Tragic and unfortunate, yes. Above ridicule, no.

For the same reason some of you believe she is not to be criticized because she is a mother. I believe we should be more critical. As tragic as it may be, her unfortunate actions and poor decisions lead to her untimely death and could have lead to the death of an innocent occupant (or even someone else's kid playing in their front yard). Four kids are left mother-less because of her mistake.

It would be nice to know it was a mechanical error that caused the crash. That way she would be free of criticism.

That's just my opinion.
Well said Bry, no one here is really heart less but we understand that there is a further responsibility to be upheld by people who are parents.

Indeed a very disheartening story.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
(I'm only posting so that anyone reading this thread who isn't a ******* JACKASS doesn't think that all LS1-owners are COMPLETELY ******* STUPID HEARTLESS SELF-RIGHTEOUS IDIOTS ******** who can only throw ignorant statements around because they haven't been CAUGHT doing the DUMBASS **** they do).

Call me when your mother dies, so I can come **** on her grave at her funeral.

Makes me ashamed to be associated by vehicle with you children.

******* Idiots
I hear you man.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yes I have made bad judgment calls a couple times, but the difference is she was a mother of 4 and had a husband, as soon (if I ever) have kids watch my *** be safe as a Nun on Sunday. I won't be doing something stupid to leave my kids without a father (or in that case a mother). There are too many families missing one parent or the other and people turn out ok but it helps make a better family bond with both there assuming they are both in their right minds and not horrible people lol.

I am not happy that she died nor am I wanting it to happen to anyone ever but when you have those responsibilities resting on you, you gotta step it up and act accordingly. At least that's just my opinion.
So you would trade you car for a mini van? I don't think so.Thats easyer said than done Mr. Nunn LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So you would trade you car for a mini van? I don't think so.Thats easyer said than done Mr. Nunn LOL
Never said I would trade it but my car is only used at the track, yes I could die there but at least it is a semi controlled environment (no environment is really controlled). I would drive a mini van if needed, heck it would be nice to park my car and drive her on weekends only.

I am no where near having a family or a relationship with a girl/woman/lady, not ready for it so I am enjoying my stupidity lol. Although even now I drive pretty slow, heypal will atest to that as he likes to call me an old lady driver.

Quick Reply: Corvette Test Drive Turns Fatal...