Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any good shops around LA area or close?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cms for sure. don't waste you time going anywhere else.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Bump for CMS.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ssbowtie1
I can't tell you where to go but I can tell you where not to go:
I agree
Old 03-21-2010, 01:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
lol you guys crack me up............ if you want to take it to a shop with some of the most experience with "lsx" engines take it us, or Charlie at RPM motors......... i have seen work from all the shops listed here , i mean even the "unnamed" one, your better off doing it yourself...... i could careless if this person actually comes to me, i am just stating my honest opinion based from my experience.....
Wow, really proffesional Ryne. You must be hurting. Just so you know, THIS particular shop had to retune about 4-5 cars that Charlie left running like crap and I personaly know the owners of these cars. Get off your high horse buddy, you aint the ****, trust me. No one even said anything bad about your shop and you came out like this? Real mature. Some of these guys were putting motors together when you were still wacking it to JC Penny catalogs. I guess other shop owners are to busy to be trolling the ******* forums all day long.

Last edited by C5natie; 03-21-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:39 AM
On The Tree

lol you guys crack me up............ if you want to take it to a shop with some of the most experience with "lsx" engines take it us, or Charlie at RPM motors......... i have seen work from all the shops listed here , i mean even the "unnamed" one, your better off doing it yourself...... i could careless if this person actually comes to me, i am just stating my honest opinion based from my experience.....
You must care if he brings the car to you or not since it was a MUSTfor you to pretty much say if you don't bring it to CMS or Charlie, then just do it yourself. I don't see where you come off bringing down other shops, including the "unnamed" one, when nobody said anything about your shop.

Crack up all you want, but your immaturity and lack of professionalism, especially from a shop owner, is something most people would not consider humorous. This type of behavior is rather alarming. Unfortunately, I will probably be the only one that feels that way.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Same **** different day...
Old 03-21-2010, 03:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I go to CMS for my tunes and Ryne is pretty good about knowing his LSX based cars, I do my own work for the most part and I have only dealt with CMS as far as shops. As for SP, sorry Evan I know someone with a real car that dealt with SP and he had an item or two come up missing and SP refuses to pay for it so screw that place the guy is a sham artist, it would be like me saying to bring your car to me to get work because I am the greatest LSX person, **** I don't even think I can put gas in my damn car correctly lol.

To the OP, I have dealt with CMS and am happy, but I know C5Natie personally and he is a pretty good guy and is not someone to just throw money at his car and know nothing, if he recommends a shop closer to you and you think you want to try it then cool, otherwise CMS is your best bet, but thats just my opinion.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I go to CMS for my tunes and Ryne is pretty good about knowing his LSX based cars, I do my own work for the most part and I have only dealt with CMS as far as shops. As for SP, sorry Evan I know someone with a real car that dealt with SP and he had an item or two come up missing and SP refuses to pay for it so screw that place the guy is a sham artist, it would be like me saying to bring your car to me to get work because I am the greatest LSX person, **** I don't even think I can put gas in my damn car correctly lol.

To the OP, I have dealt with CMS and am happy, but I know C5Natie personally and he is a pretty good guy and is not someone to just throw money at his car and know nothing, if he recommends a shop closer to you and you think you want to try it then cool, otherwise CMS is your best bet, but thats just my opinion.
Well put. OP, there are sponsors of this forum that own/operate shops, but that by no means binds you to use their services.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

wow this **** is ridiculous...i wonder whats coming next...
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

seriously...More reason to take some time and learn to do it yourself. There's a number of "techers" on here that are willing to help.(online at least..)
Old 03-21-2010, 09:42 PM
12 Second Club

I took my car to CMS before I even set foot in this forum. I heard of them through word of mouth. I am very happy with the work they have done to my grocery getter.

Sponsor or not they do good work.

Dont get butt hurt if people have good things to say about CMS. Just take your car where ever you want. Dont mod with feelings.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Well put. OP, there are sponsors of this forum that own/operate shops, but that by no means binds you to use their services.
This is true, you have the freedom to choose.

Originally Posted by m6ttop
seriously...More reason to take some time and learn to do it yourself. There's a number of "techers" on here that are willing to help.(online at least..)
I am willing to lend a hand if I can and give advice if needed, pm me and I can see if I know or if I know someone who does.

Originally Posted by familycaronROIDS!
I took my car to CMS before I even set foot in this forum. I heard of them through word of mouth. I am very happy with the work they have done to my grocery getter.

Sponsor or not they do good work.

Dont get butt hurt if people have good things to say about CMS. Just take your car where ever you want. Dont mod with feelings.
Mod with feelings thats hilarious, well put.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C5natie
Wow, really proffesional Ryne. You must be hurting. Just so you know, THIS particular shop had to retune about 4-5 cars that Charlie left running like crap and I personaly know the owners of these cars. Get off your high horse buddy, you aint the ****, trust me. No one even said anything bad about your shop and you came out like this? Real mature. Some of these guys were putting motors together when you were still wacking it to JC Penny catalogs. I guess other shop owners are to busy to be trolling the ******* forums all day long.
you basically just named the unnamed shop....... i really dont care if they were building motors back the 1920's...... doesnt give them anymore ability then anyone else..... charlie and i are not friends anymore and i really dont like to send him business but i have to be honest the guy is very smart and simply knows these motors.... as far as fixing tunes, i have fixed "your guy's" tunes as well including the late Carlos Montes (RIP) white camaros tune wow what a tune that was couldnt even make a baby cam idle right ..... as far as me being busy..... ask a few forum members that come to my shop and see how many c5/c6/g8's and the ocassional 2010 camaro that i have in the shop on a regular basis... but why dont you come down to my place and see for yourself, i will gladly show you what i do here....

but what does this all prove?? nothing its all here say opinions in my mind.... i am simply stating my opinion.... however professional or unprofessional it might be...... now back to work

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 03-23-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well said Ryne....To the OP...Take to CMS and you will not regret it.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

cms has done all my work its one of my selling points for seliing my car
Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

you basically just named the unnamed shop....... i really dont care if they were building motors back the 1920's...... doesnt give them anymore ability then anyone else..... charlie and i are not friends anymore and i really dont like to send him business but i have to be honest the guy is very smart and simply knows these motors.... as far as fixing tunes, i have fixed "your guy's" tunes as well including the late Carlos Montes (RIP) white camaros tune wow what a tune that was couldnt even make a baby cam idle right ..... as far as me being busy..... ask a few forum members that come to my shop and see how many c5/c6/g8's and the ocassional 2010 camaro that i have in the shop on a regular basis... but why dont you come down to my place and see for yourself, i will gladly show you what i do here....

but what does this all prove?? nothing its all here say opinions in my mind.... i am simply stating my opinion.... however professional or unprofessional it might be...... now back to work
Look Ryne, I never posted to start this bullshit argument. If you think youre all that great then thats your opinion and good for you. All I know is that there are a lot of fast cars here in socal and ALL of them didnt come out of CMS. There are many good shops that people here in TEch may not be aware of but doesnt mean they aint out there so whatever man. At least you agree that you can sound unprofessional at times and you must know youre a bit (understatement) cocky, hell even some of your customers say that.

I aint gonna be here going back and forth but let me tell you something YOU dont know... I was there when White Mongoose's car was in the shop and I even met Carlos and the shop didnt tune his car. I was there when they couldnt get the software to communicate with his ecu and they even had a friend from the dealership come down to reflash it for free with a Tech2. I guess Carlos got impatient and went somewhere else but the guys here treated him real cool and as a matter of fact the guys at the shop are all still very good friends with Carlos' old friends. I also know ( i have a pm that was sent to me and if the sender wants to I'll post it) that you just quoted someone $16,000 to build a 500hp smog legal motor, and you said it could only be done with LS7 parts trying to justify the price. WTH, really? So please get the story right before opening your mouth about something thats not true. And if anyone has doubts about my shops tuning I have my car plus many others that anyone can come check out. In fact a lot of guys here have seen my car and have seen it run so I let it speak for itself. Anyway Ryne, I know you care about this subject and thats why you respond and I know it itches you to have the last word so do whatever, Im done here

OP, sorry your thread turned into this. There are a lot of good shops out there, hope you find one that fits your needs.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He even still does fbodies people... sorry Ryne I had to make a small joke.

Seriously though I have seen a few of the great projects at CMS, pretty awesome stuff, plus my experience with him tuning my car, car runs great on and off the track, plus anytime I had a question I called and he would either answer or return my call. This is just my experience though so it is what it is.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
He even still does fbodies people... sorry Ryne I had to make a small joke.

Seriously though I have seen a few of the great projects at CMS, pretty awesome stuff, plus my experience with him tuning my car, car runs great on and off the track, plus anytime I had a question I called and he would either answer or return my call. This is just my experience though so it is what it is.
Ive seen your car Adam and it runs really strong. Just hope anyone that reads this thread sees that I didnt bash anyones shop or car. All I did was back up someones recommendation. I just dont see how someone can tell people that going anywhere else is a waste of time. Have they gone to every shop to make that statement? So the hundreds of other guys in the western section that have gone to other shops have wasted their time and money even if theyre happy with their cars? Cmon! Dont know why everyone here cant just be cool, who cares who the hell built whos car.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C5natie
Ive seen your car Adam and it runs really strong. Just hope anyone that reads this thread sees that I didnt bash anyones shop or car. All I did was back up someones recommendation. I just dont see how someone can tell people that going anywhere else is a waste of time. Have they gone to every shop to make that statement? So the hundreds of other guys in the western section that have gone to other shops have wasted their time and money even if theyre happy with their cars? Cmon! Dont know why everyone here cant just be cool, who cares who the hell built whos car.
Yeah dude I hear ya, it's all good Nate I know your car and those who did the work did put together an amazing car, your vette is still one of my favorite C5's. I am lending my experience. I say give whatever shop you want a try, hopefully does not turn into another OCGMP ordeal, and to think I actually backed that shop at one time.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Take it to the shop you feel best about...we all have differing personalities and not all of them are going to "click". There are a few good shops around, and most will suit your needs perfectly.

As far as CMS is concerned, I have never felt that Ryne was cocky or arrogant - in fact I've felt that both Mike and Ryne were beyond competently knowledgeable and were well worth their shop rates. Responsiveness is what I also value in a shop - don't tell me what I want to hear to get my car into the shop, and then have it set there for months waiting on something.

Quick Reply: Any good shops around LA area or close?