Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

California Smog Law Under Assault in Poor Economy

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

wow if this was vendetta's forum he would've issued out infractions for goin off topic lol
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I don't know anything about you BlackTATop... but you do in fact have quite the following. I located the thread and it's 5 pages of an interesting read to say the least...
I don't either but just get the impression that everybody is ganging up on the fat retarded kid on the playground.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
i didn't realize it was biodiesel. still it's an H1, the biggest gas guzzling least environmentally friendly vehicle on the road.
wait...you're not that guy who put trans fluid in his engine right????This is hilarious either way
Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by m6ttop
wait...you're not that guy who put trans fluid in his engine right????This is hilarious either way
no i never put trans fluid in my engine
Old 04-06-2010, 05:17 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Anyone wanna help me pass smog? I have a car that was 50 state legal when new.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didn't realize it was biodiesel. Rvs and big rigs, the biggest gas guzzling least environmentally friendly vehicle on the road.
Fixed.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
Fixed.
ok 4 wheeled vehicles on the road. i wasn't counting commercial vehicles.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy de-railed fail thread batman. LOL E-drama gotta love this.

Yeah AB-32 is something for businesses, Cali has become so concerned with the environment that they have neglected to sit down and identify the real problems which are the way we process materials, if they were to come up with a valid way to change these processes to include more eco-friendly ways it would stimulate jobs, creat more growth and allow for competition, but our current thought of "Eww is not supposedly green, it is icky, get rid of it I gotta smoke more weed." The whole country has outsourced way too many jobs. If these corporations stood by their fellow Americans and said we will keep prices a dollar or two higher and keep these jobs in the U.S we would have a lot more jobs available therefore more people to spend money because they are making money. Instead Mr. Smith who is CEO of company A decides to cut costs and lay-off thousands of US workers in favor of a plant in Mexico which then stimulates the Mexico economy and start in the dwindling of our own, this was just an example not a real instance.

Texas is not our only problem, our own people, we have become a nation of selfish, fat, and lazy people who want it now and for less without thinking about consequence, but there is a consequence to the actions, we lose jobs, and therefore we now have recession. That and California spends several hundred million one benefits for illegal immigrants, while those of us who are/were hard working citizens have our tax dollars go to them, but when we are unemployed it takes an act of God for us to get anything.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

^i agree with this guy!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

Yeah AB-32 is something for businesses, Cali has become so concerned with the environment that they have neglected to sit down and identify the real problems which are the way we process materials, if they were to come up with a valid way to change these processes to include more eco-friendly ways it would stimulate jobs, creat more growth and allow for competition, but our current thought of "Eww is not supposedly green, it is icky, get rid of it I gotta smoke more weed." The whole country has outsourced way too many jobs. If these corporations stood by their fellow Americans and said we will keep prices a dollar or two higher and keep these jobs in the U.S we would have a lot more jobs available therefore more people to spend money because they are making money. Instead Mr. Smith who is CEO of company A decides to cut costs and lay-off thousands of US workers in favor of a plant in Mexico which then stimulates the Mexico economy and start in the dwindling of our own, this was just an example not a real instance.

Texas is not our only problem, our own people, we have become a nation of selfish, fat, and lazy people who want it now and for less without thinking about consequence, but there is a consequence to the actions, we lose jobs, and therefore we now have recession. That and California spends several hundred million one benefits for illegal immigrants, while those of us who are/were hard working citizens have our tax dollars go to them, but when we are unemployed it takes an act of God for us to get anything.
I agree 100%... smoke more weed
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m6ttop
I agree 100%... smoke more weed
Smoke weed everyday. LOL.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i didn't say that. i said the H1 is and always will be a sign of excess. Just like the Ford Excursion. I don't see how someone can be a huge environmentalist and drive either of those 2 vehicles, be they biodiesel or not.

lol @ listing replacement IGNITION PARTS on your mod list, you tool.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

I like this guy.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Finally back to the topic
Old 04-08-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kmracer
lol @ listing replacement IGNITION PARTS on your mod list, you tool.
what? the msd cap? it's an upgrade over stock. who the **** cares?
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

everyone knows arnold has a **** ton of H1 hummers. I went online and searched for some. so the one i happen to find pics for runs on biodiesel. so ******* what? it's still an H1, the epitome of excess. It seems a bit hypocritical to tout environmental bullshit and then drive around in a hummer H1. that was my point. whether or not it runs on biodiesel it's still a huge *** vehicle.
We built Arnold a Hydrogen powered H2 hummer. Absolutely most inefficient use of limited resources to transport one person, even if it was for Conan.

We also built a few Natural Gas H2's ... much better efficiency and smaller carbon footprint relative to petrol version. But bottom line, 9mpg is plain stupid regardless of what fuel is used.

Last edited by SSpeedracer; 04-08-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Back to OP:

All you need to know is this:
A coalition of businesses, financed largely by three Texas oil companies, is funding a ballot petition that would delay the law until California's current unemployment rate is cut by more than half.
The petroleum industry does not give a **** about our economic or physical health.

CARB has taken great steps to improve our quality of life, and should continue to push for better emissions requirements from both stationary and mobile sources. I'm good with that and hope CARB succeeds.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

what? the msd cap? it's an upgrade over stock. who the **** cares?
What does the extra 0.003 rwhp you got from those upgrades feel like?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by XLR8TOR
What does the extra 0.003 rwhp you got from those upgrades feel like?
a mod is something that is on the car that isn't stock. usually that includes things that replace stock parts. you would consider my GS wheels a mod right? or my ram air hood? those things replaced stock items just like the msd cap did.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

a mod is something that is on the car that isn't stock. usually that includes things that replace stock parts. you would consider my GS wheels a mod right? or my ram air hood? those things replaced stock items just like the msd cap did.
Those are appearance mods.
A cap and rotor are not appearance mods.
Can't answer the question?

Last edited by XLR8TOR; 04-08-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: California Smog Law Under Assault in Poor Economy