Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I was arrested last night for Double Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waiting on a call back from a lawyer. Also contacted the ACLU to see if they would take it up. Tried to get ahold of his sergeant and he won't be in until Wednesday so I left a message. Will go ahead and talk to internal affairs on Monday.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Internal Affairs? They won't even mess with something like your situation, BTW unless there was a racial slurr made towards you that can be heard in the video, what grounds are you saying is grounds of racial profiling? Also i have checked into your laws there and they can arrest on such a charge and make you pay the citation if they feel you may leave state and not pay the amount of the sitation because of your residence situation. So as far as PC for the stop i think he has you, since you said nothing about his racial language towards you i assuming there probably wasn't any said so you may be fighting a costly battle. Just my .02. be sure to fill us in on the outcome. Best Luck
Old 04-25-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Waiting on a call back from a lawyer. Also contacted the ACLU to see if they would take it up. Tried to get ahold of his sergeant and he won't be in until Wednesday so I left a message. Will go ahead and talk to internal affairs on Monday.
Tell him you were in town visiting your friend who writes for the LA times
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's some fucked up ****. sorry to here about this Jay.
Definitely get a lawyer and have him press charges to the HPD. I keep hearing about similar situations like this on here. I'm sure its been going on for a while. It wont change till we "the people" stand up and defend our selves. you would think a police officer is a man/woman in uniform who serves and protects us. Sad thing is that allot of the times we can't count on them to do their Job.A lot of officers take advantage of their power. that's why we should all educate our selves and know when our rights are being violated.Good luck!
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Everything will be alright all you need to do is request a trial by mail it is your legal right here in CA. For all the info you need go to ticket assassin. I can almost promise you will get out of everything.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As far as getting the video, check with the PD but I know around here the only way to get it is to have a lawyer subpoena it.

Rights violations? From what you stated, I don't see any way your rights were violated. It may have been overkill to take you in for something as petty as that, but the officer did appear to have the right to.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow... It definately takes a special kind of ____ to be a cop. I was going to say person, but that would mean they had to be human... not many of them apply.

Good luck man. I hope you get it dismissed, but i almost gurantee they wont do anything beyond that. It would be extremely difficult to prove anything, all he has to say is that he had probable cause.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xxrillixx
wow... It definately takes a special kind of ____ to be a cop. I was going to say person, but that would mean they had to be human... not many of them apply.

Good luck man. I hope you get it dismissed, but i almost gurantee they wont do anything beyond that. It would be extremely difficult to prove anything, all he has to say is that he had probable cause.
Just curious, are you saying you don't think the officer had PC? The OP admitted he was double-parked. There's your PC...
Old 04-26-2010, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

I got arrested and taken to jail for 48 hours for a minor infraction illegal lane change by AAA i mean California Highway Patrol
Old 04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Teching In

I agree arrested for double parking is kinda CS.

But it seems to me you that your a bit of a hot head, from the reponses
you gave to some of the members comments. So right off the bat
your claim of "Mr Choir Boy" is suspect.
And if you came through with that kinda of attitude I can see why you got arrested.
Do what your asked or told and then argue your case in court or
file a complain with the agency if you feel you were wronged.
Buy the way not all police units have cameras in them. But most all
officers now days carrying audio recorders for instances like these.
I have arrested people in similiar curmstances because their
attitudes have gotten them into trouble. That have been upheld by the
court and led to convictions.

BTW look up PC148, delaying, obstructing or resisting a peace officer in
the preformance of his duties.

25 year law enforcement veteran and proud of it.........................
Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

yea I would assume cops would have a different pont of view. Iv seen alot of cops arresting someone for something so bogus that they probly do everyday and get away with it. Then they get their panties in a bunch cause they catch a little attitude for throwing their weight around like some big shot snob. Its that mr big shot police man attitude. Seems like some time on the force will get you an arrogance problem. Theres my opinion and about that. Have another one...................
Old 04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jj62
I agree arrested for double parking is kinda CS.

But it seems to me you that your a bit of a hot head, from the reponses
you gave to some of the members comments. So right off the bat
your claim of "Mr Choir Boy" is suspect.
And if you came through with that kinda of attitude I can see why you got arrested.
Do what your asked or told and then argue your case in court or
file a complain with the agency if you feel you were wronged.
Buy the way not all police units have cameras in them. But most all
officers now days carrying audio recorders for instances like these.
I have arrested people in similiar curmstances because their
attitudes have gotten them into trouble. That have been upheld by the
court and led to convictions.

BTW look up PC148, delaying, obstructing or resisting a peace officer in
the preformance of his duties.

25 year law enforcement veteran and proud of it.........................
Wow, when did attitude turn into a crime? Having 25 years of experience, I would expect a little maturity and professionalism. Your mentality belongs in a totalitarian state not in the US where civil rights are protected by the constitution.

BTW, I support pay increases and funding for police agencies on ballots every time, hoping a higher pay = higher educational level and more stringent requirements for those that are appointed to uphold justice (not personal vendettas.)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got friends in LE and a childhood friend who works for LAPD. I've picked his brain on several occasions about officer conduct.

Some things to consider to the OP. You can report the officer to his supervisor but unless the officer has his own dept rap sheet (multiple complaints against him) it's highly likely their won't be any disciplinary action taken against the officer.

Getting a lawyer could be costly more so than the citation and fine. Unless the lawyer is representing you pro bono and thinks you got a good case you'll likely be paying.

If you have a clean driving record then I wouldn't sweat dealing with it unless you're out to prove a point.

Plenty of good cops out there but it only takes a few to tarnish the badge! And yes even cops have a bad day and over the years some do become a bit jaded during their careers. I've been stop and let go for violations that should have almost guarantee me a ticket. My cop friend has told me on many occasions that your attitude toward the officer does play a role in the outcome. Especially in SoCal as many residents here know there's no shortage of jerks and idiots with a drivers license. Not implying that you are one of them but LEO have to deal with some on a daily basis.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Staging Lane

In these tight budget times police departments are looking at how to deal with big cuts. I know that complaints are taken seriously. Officers that are not with "the program" are easy targets. Definitely follow through on the complaint with the supervisor.

Ryph
Old 04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Wow, when did attitude turn into a crime? Having 25 years of experience, I would expect a little maturity and professionalism. Your mentality belongs in a totalitarian state not in the US where civil rights are protected by the constitution.

BTW, I support pay increases and funding for police agencies on ballots every time, hoping a higher pay = higher educational level and more stringent requirements for those that are appointed to uphold justice (not personal vendettas.)
Yes,my point also thanks. Constitution

But funding more will unfortunatley probly go towards nitpicking the same citizens that the funds came from which I dont want to fund
Old 04-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

Believe it are not attitude always come into a play. Job interviews and
cops like people to show some respect too. Im sure he was no choir boy like I said before and that led one thing to another. Had he moved when told too
thats probaply all that would have happened. But if he came off with a bunch
lame excuse thats crap. Excuses are like ******* and everyone has ones..

BTW the courts always look at attitudes towards the officer and the courts
when dishing out a fine. So grow up and get a life and forget it.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Second Club

I wonder if cops ever get attitudes or have excuses. No probly not they are higher than us pissants
Old 04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Yeah cops get attitudes just like everyone else and we do have some
bad apples in the bunch. But that doesn't mean this one is. I hope this cop
either had a recorder or dash cam so that we can get to the truth.
Cause I don't believe he got arrestted for double parking. Which isn't
arrestable anyway cause it's a infraction. So right there it tells you there
is more too it then what the dude says. So if he is so rightous why doesn't
he post his ticket on this page. And if there was arrest there will be a
supplemental report that goes with the cite. So get that and post it
so we can see what the cops say. But some of you I'm sure will say the
cops are lying to cover up. Let us know who wins in court looser.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds to me like a cop new to the force, taked to my best friend who is a cop and he said the same. On a good note from what it sounds like you stayed respectful the entire time and I dont think you will have any problem getting out of it.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jj62
Believe it are not attitude always come into a play. Job interviews and
cops like people to show some respect too. Im sure he was no choir boy like I said before and that led one thing to another. Had he moved when told too
thats probaply all that would have happened. But if he came off with a bunch
lame excuse thats crap. Excuses are like ******* and everyone has ones..

BTW the courts always look at attitudes towards the officer and the courts
when dishing out a fine. So grow up and get a life and forget it.
Typical cop, always assuming..

Quick Reply: I was arrested last night for Double Parking