Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I was arrested last night for Double Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

is it me or does anyone notice the kids in school that were tattle-tails grew up to become cops? seems like thats all they are is over grown tattle-tails. "Wah wah wah you gave me an attiude because I was being a ******** cop to you now im gonna tell on you cause you had an attitude with me wah wah wah" just like the kid that was always doin **** behind the teachers back and tattle-tail tried blaming it on you. lol what a ****** rat race
Old 04-26-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the people that whine about being harassed by a cop because they got a ticket. OP im not referring to you, but we see these post ALL the time. You clearly admit that you got pulled over for speeding, tints, no front plate etc. but then whine that the cop was harassing you by writing a ticket. Grow the f*(K up!

I understand that it sucks to get a ticket. I've gotten plenty of them. Never once did I blame the officer for citing me. Someone needs to enforce the laws. If you're going to whine about it, then you shouldn't be driving.

Society today refuses to take responsibility for their own actions. The laws are in place for a reason. If you choose not to follow them, stop making petty excuses, man up and take responsibility! Don't blame the cop for your error.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jj62
I hope this cop either had a recorder or dash cam so that we can get to the truth.
Cause I don't believe he got arrestted for double parking. Which isn't
arrestable anyway cause it's a infraction. So right there it tells you there
is more too it then what the dude says.OUT OF STATE RESIDENT PLEASE READ BEFORE MAKING AN *** OF YOURSELF So if he is so rightous why doesn't he post his ticket on this page. And if there was arrest there will be a supplemental report that goes with the cite. So get that and post it
so we can see what the cops say. But some of you I'm sure will say the
cops are lying to cover up. Let us know who wins in court looser.
Name calling. That's real mature. I'll be trying to get those recordings since it will help my case. I stated the facts here and if you want to keep making up assumptions, go ahead if it will help you sleep better at night. Like I said the only paperwork I received is the bail receipt. The report isn't in the OC system yet. When it is, I'll get it and post up the info here.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Yeah cops get attitudes just like everyone else and we do have some
bad apples in the bunch. But that doesn't mean this one is. I hope this cop
either had a recorder or dash cam so that we can get to the truth.
Cause I don't believe he got arrestted for double parking. Which isn't
arrestable anyway cause it's a infraction. So right there it tells you there
is more too it then what the dude says. So if he is so rightous why doesn't
he post his ticket on this page. And if there was arrest there will be a
supplemental report that goes with the cite. So get that and post it
so we can see what the cops say. But some of you I'm sure will say the
cops are lying to cover up. Let us know who wins in court looser.
i got arrested for a infraction then a couple months later i was sent a corrected ticket with a lesser charge before i ever went to court or anything the cop told me i was being stopped for a infraction arrested me for a misdeameanor then sent me a corrected ticket back as a infraction WTF!!!!!
crooked *** california cops SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Believe it are not attitude always come into a play. Job interviews and
cops like people to show some respect too. Im sure he was no choir boy like I said before and that led one thing to another. Had he moved when told too
thats probaply all that would have happened. But if he came off with a bunch
lame excuse thats crap. Excuses are like ******* and everyone has ones..

BTW the courts always look at attitudes towards the officer and the courts
when dishing out a fine. So grow up and get a life and forget it.
If your attitude sucks at an interview, you won’t get a job = reasonable.
If your attitude sucks with a sensitive/power hungry cop, your freedom is at stake = unconscionable.

Your logic along with your mentality is poor.

BTW, cops and courts use to enforce arbitrary Jim Crow laws against African-Americans. I’m glad people didn’t “grow up and get a life and forget it.”
Old 04-26-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Junkie

But it seems to me you that your a bit of a hot head, from the reponses
you gave to some of the members comments. So right off the bat
your claim of "Mr Choir Boy" is suspect.
And if you came through with that kinda of attitude I can see why you got arrested.
It's lovely how you being a cop and all first thing you do is start getting all defensive when your bretheren are threatened with being in the wrong...

Do what your asked or told and then argue your case in court or
file a complain with the agency if you feel you were wronged.
Buy the way not all police units have cameras in them. But most all
officers now days carrying audio recorders for instances like these.
As they should... it protects them, as well as defines their professionalism when interacting with citizens. If I had my way, they'd have a Mic, and a small spy cam on their uniform somewhere to videotape and record both the officer and the person in question. That way, there's no question what so ever of who's in the wrong. Be it the Cop or the Citizen...

I have arrested people in similiar curmstances because their
attitudes have gotten them into trouble. That have been upheld by the
court and led to convictions.
That quote right there is complete BS... arrest someone because you don't like their attitude? WTF?!?!

What kind of attitude do you expect them to give you when getting a ticket? Want them to jump for joy and give you a big ******* hug or what?

I agree... if they were being douchebags it'd **** me off too. But in 99.9% of the cases I've interacted with cops, they are douchebags to me with the "Mr. high and mighty" attitude before I EVER even uttered a word to them. They literaly come up to the window and start being a dick right off the bat... don't even give me the chance to apologize or talk like a human being one on one...

BTW look up PC148, delaying, obstructing or resisting a peace officer in the preformance of his duties.
yea... wish we as citizens had PC cards we could whip out and turn things right back around. Something along the lines of PC149, delaying, obstructing or resisting my ***** on your chin

25 year law enforcement veteran and proud of it.........................
good for you... want a cookie? I think it's time you retire. You are apparently very proud, have built a hardened chip on your shoulder over the years and are absolutely ignorant to the fact that there are MANY cops out there with a power trip. You've really come to the wrong forum looking for support in your case...

Oh and just so I don't sound one sided in this matter, I have 2 friends in the force. One being like a 2nd father to me. The other a Sherriff... that still has no bearing on the fact that I get treated like complete **** most of the time from any random officer that pulls me over. They show me respect, I show them respect. It works both ways!

Example... Got pulled over one time for speeding on the freeway. I just about **** my pants too when I saw the CHP officer pacing right next to me too! I knew I was in the wrong. Got pulled over, rolled down my window. He came up to the window with a big smirk on his face. Said "you fighter pilots need to watch your 6 before you take off like that"... wrote me up, handed me the ticket and said have a nice day... Yea I got a ticket, but in the end the guy wasn't a dick or showed any lack of respect. I in turn showed him respect and we parted ways... IMO it's not so much the ticket that pisses me off, it's the officers attitude. If I got a ticket, was in the wrong, and deserved it fine. But if the cop is a douchebag about it, even when I show no disrespect towards him, than he can kiss my *** as far as I'm concerned...

I love these threads..... /rant
Old 04-27-2010, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
What kind of attitude do you expect them to give you when getting a ticket? Want them to jump for joy and give you a big ******* hug or what?
lmao! seriously! and isn't someone's verbal attitude protected under that thing called freedom of speech or something?
Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Officers have discretion with traffic stops. If the driver is nice and polite he may get a break. If he's a dick with an attitude because he's being "harassed" then why should the officer choose to give him a courtesy?

I personally can't see arresting the OP in this situation, but as was stated, we haven't heard the other side to this story. As far as tickets go though, if you're a dick, then the cop would be retarded to give you any courtesy...
Old 04-27-2010, 05:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Last week I was pulled over my LA County Sheriffs Dept (West Hollywood). The told me I was being pulled over for tinted windows (windows were down), but after he ran my license he came back, told me to step out of the car and handcuffed me and searched me. I was put in the back of the cruiser and asked why I was under arrest and he kept saying oh dont worry youll know in a few minutes. Then he told me my license was suspended since january. I tell him my license is good in the glovebox I even have a 4 day old drivers license record from the dmv saying just that. He says yeah whatever whiteboy your gonna looove county. I still manage to keep my cool, and he eventually radios his sgt who then tells him to 14601a me (driving with a suspended license, a misdemeanor), and releases me but takes my drivers license and impounds my car. This ************ also took $100 out of my wallet while he was searching me, and I say that without question.

I went to the dmv that monday and got a printout of my record again saying my license was valid. I call the LASD substation and get the watch commander who transfers me to the Captian, who then tells me that everything comes up good with my record and that it was probably because the deputies have computers from the 1980's in their patrol cars and its tough to read them because theyre monochrome and very small.

Now how the hell are you going to tell me expecting me to understand after you **** with me and my money for NO reason? I already am filing a lawsuit and you should do the same. I have the utmost respect for LE but pieces of **** like this should not be roaming our streets with a badge and a gun.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with these bastards but your not alone... file a lawsuit and try to find a lawyer who thinks its a good enough case so you dont end up paying, good luck
Old 04-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Teching In

Apologize for not reading entire thread. A simpler and cheaper way around it could be to talk to the DA's office. They have more work than they can stand and I'm sure would offer a deal to take care of it and save you a trip to court.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

To TireSmoke,

Are you still going to have to pay the impound fee?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

jj62, with all due respect to you as an LEO, but you sound like the same type of self-righteous ***** that escalated this whole double-parking situation into an arrest. I know there are a fair share of honest, upright LEOs out there...but LE has to realize that they aren't above the law, they are the law. An arrest based off a double parking with no priors or existing warrants on the OPs record stinks just a tad of expansion of power/jurisdiction, no?

Let us know who wins in court looser.
I could multi-quote your one-sided posts all day, but you look like an *** for posting something like that, LEO or not. There's no need to post that. This is precisely what I am talking about. You are proud of your years of service under a badge, act like it. Even if the OP is withholding information from us then it's on him; its a online public forum...does it really matter??? Nothing written here is 100% truth or fact...and one cannot argue with someone over a forum like you intend to here because a large part of every post is conjecture and opinion.

And if you came through with that kinda of attitude I can see why you got arrested.
Wait, hold on a second...double standard alert. You give us this great dissertation on how attitude can be incriminating...So the OP can't give the officer any attitude when he is arrested for something incredibly inconsequential but you can come on here, claiming to be an LEO, and give him much the same condescending attitude like he was the only one to make a mess of said situation. Hello pot, meet kettle.

I'll respect the badge when I deal with the police. I refuse to respect the LEO that brings preconceived notions to the table about the type of car I drive, the color of my skin, or what neighborhood I was driving in. As an enforcer of the law, a LEO is NOT the arbiter to determine the severity of the action performed by a citizen.

Let's be completely honest, you can scream PC until you are blue in the face as an LEO, but usually if you see somebody double parked, one can usually infer that someone is usually picking up or dropping someone off. The first thing that comes to mind while approaching a double parked car is not "I'm going to ******* arrest this guy, he's double parked!" Agreed, the OP probably should have moved when the cop told him. Yes, the middle part of this story can be distinctly different from the officer's perspective.

The two questions I have for the OP are:

1. How busy/essential to the flow of traffic is this street you were double parked on?

2. Were you, OP, in your car, with it running while the officer approached you?
Old 04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Datzneat
It's 11:30pm on friday night in Huntington Beach and I'm dropping my girlfriend and her kids off at her apartment in a cul-de-sac. The kids get out of the car and head inside. My girlfriend and I sit for a minute longer. Meanwhile a cop pulls up and asks for me to move. I tell him that I'm dropping people off and he still wants me to move, so I do so with my girlfriend still in the car. As I'm turning around in the cul-de-sac he pulls his car in front of me. He comes up takes my rental agreement, insurance and drivers license. In the meantime two more cops pull up and take defensive positions around my car. When the cop comes back he tells me to get out of the car. Notifies me that I'm being arrested for double parking, and being an out of state resident. (WTF#CK!) This whole time I obey everything. I get handcuffed. Get told that I'm going to be taken to a magistrate because I don't have an address here in California. No miranda rights, just stuffed in the back of the police car.

Back at the jail I get stuffed into the booking cell. Other officers come up and the patrol man what I'm being booked for. He tells them it's for double parking and when he gets blank looks from EVERYONE of the officers he mentions something about a 403.5. While getting booked I ask around to see if they've ever seen anything like this, some of these officers could have easily been doing this for 10-15yrs, but none of them had ever seen anyone arrested for this. So I go through the whole booking and wait for them to pull up my records. I'm a law abiding citizen and have... had a perfectly clean slate. Not even a speeding ticket on my record. What ends up happening is they give me a bail of $50 and tell me that I have to go to court in June. (HELLO I'm an out of state resident which apparently is why I'm in jail!!!!!) Four hours later at 3:30am I'm collecting my property and the only paperwork I get is a bail receipt. On the bail receipt is the bail posted, court date, and charge 22400 (A) VC.

Let's take a look at this charge:
Minimum Speed Law
22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.

No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.

WHERE IS MY DOUBLE PARKING CHARGE????????????
Since this cop couldn't put in the system that he was booking me for a parking ticket he came up with some other b#llsh!t. The big WTF is that I was in a residential neighborhood with a 10mph speed limit. NOT on a highway! Also since there was ZERO traffic I was not blocking any traffic and was definitely operating my vehicle in a safe manner since I was dropping people off.

My question to you, the people, is am I correct in feeling that I was harassed? Honestly I feel that I was racially profiled. Being a hispanic (by appearance) male dressed nicely and found in a not so nice part of Huntington Beach. This could have been just a parking ticket which I would have paid on gone on my way. Now I have a court date which totally defeats the purpose of arresting me. The purpose being, to make sure that I pay. So who knows a good lawyer that handles this kind of thing?

Talk about name calling how about you and all the guys that agree with you.
Calling all cops mother ******* and they suck, flippin us all the smiley face bird.

Anyway lets see if we can get to some of the facts from your take on thing civily and reasonably like the human beings we should all be.

From what I gleem from from this encounter is.

1. The officer had PC you admitted to double parking.
2 If he wrote you under 22400 (a) Min Speed Law. That was the wrong section. The correct one should have been 22500 (h) Double Parking & Parking Laws.
3. He will have to amend the ticket and mail you the correct one.
But even if you don't get amended ticket before your court date followup
on it. So that a warrant isn't issused for FTA, Failing to Appear.
4. 22500 (h) is an infraction and non-bookable.
5. But because you said you didn't live in Calif. You can be booked under
40305 (a) V.C. non resident. If the officer wasn't satified with your
information you provide drivers, lic, registration, ID card etc or if you had none of these.

I can tell you now that your wasting you time trying to find a lawyer or anyone that will take this case. I say that because it sound like there
are no independent witnesses. Your passanger and the other officer aren't
independent they are all bias to their own side.
But if you still feel wronged file a Pform with HBPD and if there is a audio or video tape that will either prove you case or not. If there isn't one or the other then Pform will be unsubstaituated. It's he said she sid kinda think.
97% of officer complaints are either unfounded or the officer is exonorated
when the audio or video recordings are available. If there isn't and the officer as other such complaints it will be thoughly investigated. I have done many and they take some time.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
is it me or does anyone notice the kids in school that were tattle-tails grew up to become cops? seems like thats all they are is over grown tattle-tails. "Wah wah wah you gave me an attiude because I was being a ******** cop to you now im gonna tell on you cause you had an attitude with me wah wah wah" just like the kid that was always doin **** behind the teachers back and tattle-tail tried blaming it on you. lol what a ****** rat race
It's you..........
Old 04-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by APG12
I love the people that whine about being harassed by a cop because they got a ticket. OP im not referring to you, but we see these post ALL the time. You clearly admit that you got pulled over for speeding, tints, no front plate etc. but then whine that the cop was harassing you by writing a ticket. Grow the f*(K up!

I understand that it sucks to get a ticket. I've gotten plenty of them. Never once did I blame the officer for citing me. Someone needs to enforce the laws. If you're going to whine about it, then you shouldn't be driving.

Society today refuses to take responsibility for their own actions. The laws are in place for a reason. If you choose not to follow them, stop making petty excuses, man up and take responsibility! Don't blame the cop for your error.
You are so right on..........Everybody is a victim and no will admit responsibilty.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
If your attitude sucks at an interview, you won’t get a job = reasonable.
If your attitude sucks with a sensitive/power hungry cop, your freedom is at stake = unconscionable.

Your logic along with your mentality is poor.

BTW, cops and courts use to enforce arbitrary Jim Crow laws against African-Americans. I’m glad people didn’t “grow up and get a life and forget it.”
If your attitude sucks like your's does you get a ticket!!!.....
Treat people like you liked to be treated. No one has to stand around
and take crap. I don't give rat *** if it is freedom of speach, it's my freedom
to give crap right back in the form of writing you a ticket instaed of a verbal waring.

Grow up and join the real world................
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
jj62, with all due respect to you as an LEO, but you sound like the same type of self-righteous ***** that escalated this whole double-parking situation into an arrest. I know there are a fair share of honest, upright LEOs out there...but LE has to realize that they aren't above the law, they are the law. An arrest based off a double parking with no priors or existing warrants on the OPs record stinks just a tad of expansion of power/jurisdiction, no?

I could multi-quote your one-sided posts all day, but you look like an *** for posting something like that, LEO or not. There's no need to post that. This is precisely what I am talking about. You are proud of your years of service under a badge, act like it. Even if the OP is withholding information from us then it's on him; its a online public forum...does it really matter??? Nothing written here is 100% truth or fact...and one cannot argue with someone over a forum like you intend to here because a large part of every post is conjecture and opinion.

Wait, hold on a second...double standard alert. You give us this great dissertation on how attitude can be incriminating...So the OP can't give the officer any attitude when he is arrested for something incredibly inconsequential but you can come on here, claiming to be an LEO, and give him much the same condescending attitude like he was the only one to make a mess of said situation. Hello pot, meet kettle.

I'll respect the badge when I deal with the police. I refuse to respect the LEO that brings preconceived notions to the table about the type of car I drive, the color of my skin, or what neighborhood I was driving in. As an enforcer of the law, a LEO is NOT the arbiter to determine the severity of the action performed by a citizen.

Let's be completely honest, you can scream PC until you are blue in the face as an LEO, but usually if you see somebody double parked, one can usually infer that someone is usually picking up or dropping someone off. The first thing that comes to mind while approaching a double parked car is not "I'm going to ******* arrest this guy, he's double parked!" Agreed, the OP probably should have moved when the cop told him. Yes, the middle part of this story can be distinctly different from the officer's perspective.

The two questions I have for the OP are:

1. How busy/essential to the flow of traffic is this street you were double parked on?

2. Were you, OP, in your car, with it running while the officer approached you?
NachoSS,

Your absoulty right about some of your comments. I did come off kinda strong. But i was trying to make a point that there was 2 sides to this story
and we were hearing only 1 side from the guy who was arrested. And
he was pissed and I don't blame him. My point was what led up to the arrest. 1. Did he refuse too move the car when asked or was told too.
2. Did he refuse a lawful order. I know he says he didn't and that he was respectful. But you have to addmit it sounds like there is more too it.
I don't believe he was profiled he was already double parked. So kinda hard
to know who is in the car until you approach it. Generaly it takes about 10 or 20 minutes to wright a citation. So there some time that a lot of things can happen that we probaly don't know about.
It seems like a lot posters here or bias against cops and think there all alot of jerks. Kinda profiling don't you think?. No one is always right all the time.
And that was the point I was making.

BTW Nacho I always treated people with professionalism and under the
circumstance above (as stated) by the guy I wouldn't have written him a cite. But if he didn't move or refused too, I would have.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by APG12

I agree completely.

Again not directed at the OP because ive met Jay a few times and hes a cool guy. I think what happened is rediculous and I dont question him at all when he says he wasnt disrespectful. The cop sounds like an airhead who abuses his power, it doesnt mean all officers are this way.

Also not saying im a model citizen, all of may cars have tinted windows, no front plate, and only one has a smog legal exhaust and that wont be on much longer, and the only time im going the speed limit is when i pass it up while speeding up. When I have gotten tickets of course it pisses me off that I have to spend money on that rather than my cars but im knowingly breaking the law and not going to blame them for enforcing a law I know im breaking.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

It's you..........
whats wrong? get your panties in a bunch cause some of us are giving you an attitude right back and you cant arrest us? wah wah wah
Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your attitude sucks like your's does you get a ticket!!!.....
Treat people like you liked to be treated. No one has to stand around
and take crap. I don't give rat *** if it is freedom of speach, it's my freedom
to give crap right back in the form of writing you a ticket instaed of a verbal waring.

Grow up and join the real world................
The ignorance in your rebuttals continue to amaze me. I won't waste typing what you can't comprehend. Hope you retire soon, thanks for your professional service

Quick Reply: I was arrested last night for Double Parking