Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

HTC incredible

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eddielb
I agree the processor upgrade would be awesome !

As far as the incredible goes theres lot of sick roms over @ XDA development... make the phone faste,r more than 30 shortcuts on home tab (vs 6)
Nice, as far as XDA there arent any roms for the Incredible yet because it hasn't been rooted. and 30 tabs? I think you might be mean windows. But yup, XDA is the spot
Old 05-04-2010, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
Nice, as far as XDA there arent any roms for the Incredible yet because it hasn't been rooted. and 30 tabs? I think you might be mean windows. But yup, XDA is the spot
meant those quicklinks on the homescreen ~ cookies home tab mod, ohh I must be thinking of a different htc device then lol, they are coming out with them so fast now a days ~ I cant wait till they make the upgrade of my Tilt 2 - I like having a keyboard but wish I had a faster processor and more ram
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no it does not have swype and i don't think it would benefit me lol, and yes the phone has not been rooted yet, can't wait till it is to see what type of benefits can be had, and skyfire can be had at the app market place like someone else said has flashplayer,

this is my first smartphone and this thing is blowing my mind lol
Old 05-30-2010, 03:18 AM
Staging Lane

Picked up my incredible earlier today. So far liking it way more than the droid. The droid was just way too slow, open a couple web page windows or apps and it runs like ***. Incredible remains very responsive.

And the zoom function and touch accuracy in the internet browser are infinitely better on the incredible over the droid.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:47 PM
11 Second Club

The incredible is a very good phone. I have the Hero w/ 2.1 and I love the android platform. Your gonna def need a task killer because that phone is very bad on the battery. If you dont constantly kill the backround appz you will not even last a day with that phone especially if you like to play around with the internet and appz. I know this because I have a few friends with that phone. If you go on Ebay there are some great deals from hong kong on batteries. I got 2 new batteries and a wall mount charger for $13.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Launching!

I'm on the waiting list for the Incredible when they are back in stock.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

HTC HD2 ftw!!! Swype is Sweet.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am thinking of getting the new LG that runs on android, it's the LG Ally, from what I have seen and read it looks really solid and as soon as I can get some deniro for it I will be looking into it or the incredible. The only thing making me lean towards the incredible is the 1ghz snap dragon, that thing has great capabilities. The droid has the dual processor but last I read (about a week ago) is that they are not using the droid to it's full capabilities.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

The droid has a 500 mhz processor and the droid Incredible has 1000 mhz. The droid isnt near as fast as the droid incredible when playing high graphics games.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
The droid has a 500 mhz processor and the droid Incredible has 1000 mhz. The droid isnt near as fast as the droid incredible when playing high graphics games.
Yes it has the 550 mhz dual core processor, which when unlocked can meet or exceed 1ghz, but so far from my understanding is that they have not allowed for it to reach its full capabilities yet.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Yes it has the 550 mhz dual core processor, which when unlocked can meet or exceed 1ghz, but so far from my understanding is that they have not allowed for it to reach its full capabilities yet.
Maybe they just want to use the same internals in a later model and sell it again at a higher price. I would not be suprized if this were the case.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Launching!

^^^ pretty sure you hit the nail on the head with that comment, each processor is working at 500 mhz which can be unlocked to 1ghz each should be able to blow the incredible out of the water but for some reason can't compete right now kinda makes you stop and think right? lol

pretty sure the sprint evo is going to be the next big thing this summer and blow the new iphone out of the water, on another note been reading into tech stuff about the incredible and apparently it will be able to go 4g as well too bad no place around me is going to get it any time soon but still good to know it will hopefully have that capability in the future...

i've been laggin with my thread lol but you can get swype on the incredible as well
Old 06-03-2010, 01:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by beezer1519
^^^ pretty sure you hit the nail on the head with that comment, each processor is working at 500 mhz which can be unlocked to 1ghz each should be able to blow the incredible out of the water but for some reason can't compete right now kinda makes you stop and think right? lol

pretty sure the sprint evo is going to be the next big thing this summer and blow the new iphone out of the water, on another note been reading into tech stuff about the incredible and apparently it will be able to go 4g as well too bad no place around me is going to get it any time soon but still good to know it will hopefully have that capability in the future...

i've been laggin with my thread lol but you can get swype on the incredible as well
The droid has 1 cpu and 1 gpu that adds up to 550 mhz which is pretty much maxed out...

The Snapdragon DOES have a GPU (unsure of what type, I believe it may be a custom OpenGL ES 2.0 accelerator), it's capabilities are:

up to 22M triangles/sec and 133M 3D pixels/sec

This is actually higher performance than the PowerVR SGX 530 built into the Droid's chipset, as that tops out at around 10M triangles/sec in the implementation used in the OMAP 3430.

The incredible processes more than double that of the droid plus it uses sense IU which looks and runs great.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Staging Lane

I didn't read too much into it as I only had the moto droid for a couple weeks, but I think the big reasons for leaving the processor at the speed it is, was due to too high heat output and much worse battery life that already isn't great stock.

I wouldn't mess with my new phone like that anyway without experience, don't want to brick it first month pf contract. Maybe when I'm close to being due for an upgrade.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 AM
TECH Veteran

the omap3430 is a great processor for what its clocked at.

the droid is built alot better than the INC due to metal vs plastic. and the speaker is phenomenal on the droid.

i may be selling my droid though since i want an EVO, but dont really wanna loose the keyboard.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Love my Incredible, but ive blown out the speaker on 2 different phones, using the speaker phone a lot and always have ringer set to high. They keep sending new ones so Whatever I guess.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
Launching!

dang you keep blowing out your speaker??? that is crazy lol

i wouldn't worry about the keyboard you can get the phone to adapt to your texting, and the droid might be built with metal but that screen is crap first drop it's cracked i've dropped my inc like 5 times now and always lands on the screen i go to pick up expecting horror but i've been lucky so far *knock on wood* just a nice gouge on the plastic by the back button lol, you are definitely upgrading onto the evo though
Old 06-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Launching!

I like mine except I can kill the batt in under 2 hrs
Old 06-03-2010, 01:36 PM
Launching!

yes this battery sucks you can get the 1750mah out of amazon for 41 dollars right now, or you can wait till july for htc to release their 2150mah wich will be about 60 dollars from verizon
Old 06-03-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
The droid has 1 cpu and 1 gpu that adds up to 550 mhz which is pretty much maxed out...

The Snapdragon DOES have a GPU (unsure of what type, I believe it may be a custom OpenGL ES 2.0 accelerator), it's capabilities are:

up to 22M triangles/sec and 133M 3D pixels/sec

This is actually higher performance than the PowerVR SGX 530 built into the Droid's chipset, as that tops out at around 10M triangles/sec in the implementation used in the OMAP 3430.

The incredible processes more than double that of the droid plus it uses sense IU which looks and runs great.
Users on droid forums have been overclocking the cpu, the gpu is seperate but the cpu is rated at 600 mhz but underclocked to 550mhz. Safely can be overclocked to 850 mhz and has been efficiently overclocked to 1.1ghz.

I stand corrected as it has been unlocked and overclocked. but I don't understand why they didn't make it work at the safe 850mhz rating. Ohh well.

Ohh and the OMAP 3430 is essentially the "motherboard" if you will, it has the PowerVR SGX 530 integrated as you stated, but the actual processor is the ARM Cortex A-8 and that is rated at 550mhz by itself in the droid they do not rate the cpu and gpu together, there is a dedicated gpu and a dedicated cpu.

The cortex A-8 is what has been overclocked to 1.1ghz, also openGL 2.0 is not enabled on the droid but the gpu and omap board are both more than capable and built to handle it.

I will say that these phones are getting amazingly awesome, I will still try my hand at the LG ally when I can afford it.

Quick Reply: HTC incredible