Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

HTC incredible

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HTC incredible

Alright this is a little mini review of the incredible (just to inform some possible upgraders/traders lol)i picked it up the day it came out lol, couldn't wait and rushed over to the verizon store.

This phone is simply amazing, touch sensitivity is out of this world, home page consist of 6 pages you can customize with different apps widgets and whatever you can think of lol. internet is quick as can be expected on 3g, has 4 "touch" keys at the bottom along with an optical joystick that you can use to select and also to scroll. comes with some pre programmed apps ie facebook, google maps, friendster and twitter. Battery life is good specs say it has some 300 plus hours of standby time and 13 hrs of talk time, i don't know as i haven't gotten a chance to really play with my phone since i'm busy this weekend and have been busy since i bought it lol i am one happy customer and am glad i got this phone... oh yeah plenty of free apps, soo many i haven't had a chance to check them all out yet lol

best for last that 8mp camera and ridiculously nice video camera are legit, it's safe to say i won't be needing a digital camera now

oh yeah pricing info is 299 with a 2yr contract with a 100 dollar mail in rebate and if you are upgrading with the new every two you will also get 100 dollar instant saving on primary line so price comes down significantly***silicone cover/case and screen protectors are a must lol

Last edited by beezer1519; 05-01-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:54 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by beezer1519
Alright this is a little mini review of the incredible (just to inform some possible upgraders/traders lol)i picked it up the day it came out lol, couldn't wait and rushed over to the verizon store.

This phone is simply amazing, touch sensitivity is out of this world, home page consist of 6 pages you can customize with different apps widgets and whatever you can think of lol. internet is quick as can be expected on 3g, has 4 "touch" keys at the bottom along with an optical joystick that you can use to select and also to scroll. comes with some pre programmed apps ie facebook, google maps, friendster and twitter. Battery life is good specs say it has some 300 plus hours of standby time and 13 hrs of talk time, i don't know as i haven't gotten a chance to really play with my phone since i'm busy this weekend and have been busy since i bought it lol i am one happy customer and am glad i got this phone... oh yeah plenty of free apps, soo many i haven't had a chance to check them all out yet lol

best for last that 8mp camera and ridiculously nice video camera are legit, it's safe to say i won't be needing a digital camera now

oh yeah pricing info is 299 with a 2yr contract with a 100 dollar mail in rebate and if you are upgrading with the new every two you will also get 100 dollar instant saving on primary line so price comes down significantly***silicone cover/case and screen protectors are a must lol
congrats bro, i got the new HTC HD2 right before it came out, i fucken love this thing...
Old 05-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Teching In

Do you know anything about the droid? If so which do u think is better?

I got the droid n I love it but hate the battery life and since the new update the phon is slow as hell
Old 05-01-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rubalcava
Do you know anything about the droid? If so which do u think is better?

I got the droid n I love it but hate the battery life and since the new update the phon is slow as hell
X2 that update was ****, very least they could have done is added flash
Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

i read about a guy trading his droid for an incredible and going to get the droid back.. but Android ftw!
Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
X2 that update was ****, very least they could have done is added flash
About a week a ago Google developed a new web browser called skyfire, it plays flash videos if that's what you mean.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

I love my droid eris with the 2.1 o.s. has navigator, flash, etc
Old 05-01-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by F-BodyMind
About a week a ago Google developed a new web browser called skyfire, it plays flash videos if that's what you mean.
O **** just had a driorgy that's sick I didn't know they released yet I seen it was developed
Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Launching!

my gf's brother has a droid and i personally do not like it and think the incredible is far better in the performance department. i'm not hating on the droid just the fact that the screen is not sensitive like my incredible i prefer a responsive screen, processor wise this snapdragon is kicking some serious ***, i realize the droid has dual processors at 500mghz that can be maxed out to 1ghz each but i haven't played with one that has been modified so i can't give input as to how capable at speeds it can be, but as of regular droid i prefer the incredible touch screen is awesome with keyboard it has predictive text that pop up and you can select which word you are trying to type pretty awesome, you can even speak the text you want to type out but it's too picky with non slang words lol
Old 05-01-2010, 10:36 PM
TECH Veteran

i prefer my droid, 2.1 with helix launcher 2 and LWP, can do the same things as the incredible with the phone, minus the little sense UI widgets and enhancements. i have beautiful widgets to supply animated weather.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 0235SS
congrats bro, i got the new HTC HD2 right before it came out, i fucken love this thing...
thanks man this is the first smartphone i have purchased and i am sold on them, totally awesome phone glad it came out before the google phone did or i would have most likely been upset lol nexus 1 isn't very good apparently and has a lot of bugs
Old 05-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
i prefer my droid, 2.1 with helix launcher 2 and LWP, can do the same things as the incredible with the phone, minus the little sense UI widgets and enhancements. i have beautiful widgets to supply animated weather.
i was actually going to upgrade early and pay verizon to be able to lol and loose my 100 credit for renewing, all due to the whole buy 1 get 1 free deal they had as it would benefit my gf and i with getting a better deal lol, but i'm glad i was thinking "why are they trying to clear out the phones for?""what could they have coming out soon?" lol

it's all good man it's all an alternative to the iphone lol
Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 PM
TECH Resident

just loaded WinMo 6.5 on my HTCTP2, its a dream come true, now if it only supported 'Droid...
Old 05-02-2010, 12:46 AM
TECH Addict

predictive text is old school. try swype
Old 05-02-2010, 03:55 AM
Launching!

i love swype texting on my hd2
Old 05-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 0235SS
i love swype texting on my hd2
swype is dope, i had an old mytouch 3g, but switched it for the new mt3g with 3.5 jack and swype text which i think is so sick! Also better keyboard is pretty good too. Oh yah i just downloaded skyfire beta like 2 days, givin it plays flash is good enough to just download for that reason alone. But to browse i still prefer the stock browser.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hlaalu
predictive text is old school. try swype
is swype where a whole bunch of words pop up on the screen and you can select what you are trying to type? if so then that is what it has lol
Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by beezer1519
is swype where a whole bunch of words pop up on the screen and you can select what you are trying to type? if so then that is what it has lol
nope! it's where instead of hitting each letter, you just slide your finger through the letters and it figures out what word you are trying to make. you might have seen a commercial about it where a guy sets the world texting record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCWwuIXxBuI

That's not the commercial but it shows you what it is
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I tried Swype and hated it. I'm good with the HTC keyboard, wish I had that Snapdragon processor so that it wouldn't lag as much though
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
I tried Swype and hated it. I'm good with the HTC keyboard, wish I had that Snapdragon processor so that it wouldn't lag as much though
I agree the processor upgrade would be awesome !

As far as the incredible goes theres lot of sick roms over @ XDA development... make the phone faste,r more than 30 shortcuts on home tab (vs 6)

Quick Reply: HTC incredible