Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

HTC incredible

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moto Droid here... Rooted running Pete's Bugless Beast v1.1(2.1 rom) at 1GHz, very stable and still get a day of average mixed use out of it. Played with the incredible for some time(I work in a retail store), I think i might of switched but with the amount of time it has taken to get root(still don't to my knowledge) I will stay with the droid and keep my root apps(Mainly wireless tethering). I was able to tether the HTC INC via usb without root and without paying the vzw tethering fee, but wireless tether is so much better... Now I am waiting for the Moto Droid Pro/2/Shadow/Xtreme or whatever its going to be called to come out... bigger screen more ram faster processor etc...
Old 06-04-2010, 03:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by beezer1519
dang you keep blowing out your speaker??? that is crazy lol

i wouldn't worry about the keyboard you can get the phone to adapt to your texting, and the droid might be built with metal but that screen is crap first drop it's cracked i've dropped my inc like 5 times now and always lands on the screen i go to pick up expecting horror but i've been lucky so far *knock on wood* just a nice gouge on the plastic by the back button lol, you are definitely upgrading onto the evo though
idk about that, its the same gorilla glass as the other gen 2 android phones have today

i love the fact that the droid is running plain android and will be updated right after the N1
Old 06-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Launching!

I've been waiting for the incredible to be back in stock, but they first had the shipping date 6/24, then 6/29, now changed it to 7/12, bullocks.....
Old 06-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nemanracing
I was able to tether the HTC INC via usb without root and without paying the vzw tethering fee
SWEET, had my Incredible for over 2 weeks now and got bored today and started looking at apps. Found the one for free tethering lol, thought you needed the phone to be rooted for stuff like this.

Internet works really well too, very fast ping and load times on web pages, almost as fast as when I had charter cable and it was wired modem with ethernet to my pc. Course the down/up speed isn't even comparable, but it works great for browsing.

Kinda disappointing that it must be the phone that lags considerably for browsing a lot of the time, but still a great phone, or basically a tiny laptop that I occasionally use to make calls .

I wish they didn't have that 5gb data limit tho, but oh well moving in less than two weeks and the place is wired for FIOS .
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

iphone 4 june 24th is all im going to say lol

Quick Reply: HTC incredible