Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Paging Ken from Strictly Performance Motorsports - DTM!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Island Grown
Well, for what it's worth, Rob has called me back every time that he said that he would... but the fact still remains that I am still where I was when I finally got my car back.

I still can't believe that the body shop guy had the nerve to tell me that despite the fact that he was paid the money to replace my hood and did a shitty paint job, that he would still deduct the cost of the stock hood from the cost of the Sunoco hood. Not to mention the fact that he had promised to have the car completed by 3 deadlines, and made my uncle drive up to his shop to come back empty handed... not even a courtesy call. So Lou (the body guy) proposed to give me the difference of a new Sunoco hood MINUS the cost of that stock hood on my car.

WOW. Just ******* WOW!
dont worry,just e-mail me that info and the pics so i can move forward on this and do whatever i can,i will get him to take care of it.and then we can work on what i can do for you
Old 05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by stcly perf dts
dont worry,just e-mail me that info and the pics so i can move forward on this and do whatever i can,i will get him to take care of it.and then we can work on what i can do for you
^^^Haven't we heard this before?
Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Teching In

Well, Rob called me this afternoon, and I spoke to the body shop owner, who "fixed" my car, regarding the shitty work that was done. And the body shop owner basically did not want to take any responsibility for any of the work that was done. He only took responsibility for the fact that my VFN Sunoco hood wasn't replaced and said that he would only cover the difference of the stock hood that he put on... He took absolutely no responsibility for the paint or the non-GM body panels that were replaced. Long story short is that he tried to tell me that I'm SOL.

Nobody seems to want to take responsibility for any of their ****, nor do they want to point any fingers. What the **** is that?!

I will be emailing Rob a list of all the issues, followed by more emails as **** comes up... he says that he will address them. So far, I got nothing...
hey mark , i allso need the info on your uncle the one you gave power of attourney to ,the one that okay'ed all of the things that you are unhappy about.so we can figure out if he really allowed those things to happen at lou's performance and body,because if he didd'nt that gives me something to go for.

Last edited by stcly perf dts; 05-18-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
^^^Haven't we heard this before?
if you read closely he is not mad at me,but maybee you are having a hard time
me and mark are still going forward,untill he post's that nothing got resolved leave it allone
Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you read closely he is not mad at me,but maybee you are having a hard time
No I'm not. I know it's none of my business, but this issue seems too simple to fix to not have been resolved already.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Teching In

well if you read everything its not simple,power of attourney was given to someone that allowed things to be done that were not right,and direct dealing with a performance and body shop that was paid by someone else,it is a mess right now .but me and mark are getting all the pics and facts together
Old 05-18-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

well if you read everything its not simple,power of attourney was given to someone that allowed things to be done that were not right,and direct dealing with a performance and body shop that was paid by someone else,it is a mess right now .but me and mark are getting all the pics and facts together
Well I apologize if I misspoke, hopefully you follow through with your statements.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Teching In

i will.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

hey mark , i allso need the info on your uncle the one you gave power of attourney to ,the one that okay'ed all of the things that you are unhappy about.so we can figure out if he really allowed those things to happen at lou's performance and body,because if he didd'nt that gives me something to go for.
I have been really busy at work lately, so I will have to take care of things when things slow down. Otherwise, it will have to wait until after work. Regardless of the power of attorney, I was still promised multiple deadlines that were NOT met in addition to a shotty paint job. Like the saying goes, "it looks good from far (really far...), but FAR from good."
Old 05-20-2010, 04:39 PM
On The Tree

this guy is a real piece of

and nothing is gonna get resolved with this guy...

anybody got my 5 bucks?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:11 PM
Teching In

I have been really busy at work lately, so I will have to take care of things when things slow down. Otherwise, it will have to wait until after work. Regardless of the power of attorney, I was still promised multiple deadlines that were NOT met in addition to a shotty paint job. Like the saying goes, "it looks good from far (really far...), but FAR from good."
i tottaly understand,one of the reasons me and him had a falling out is he painted my brother in laws front end and my right front fender the same time i brought him your car,and both ended up looking like ****,it looked good at first but after a week or two the paint started tripping spider webbing underneathe the clear coat.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:56 AM
On The Tree

i tottaly understand,one of the reasons me and him had a falling out is he painted my brother in laws front end and my right front fender the same time i brought him your car,and both ended up looking like ****,it looked good at first but after a week or two the paint started tripping spider webbing underneathe the clear coat.
so you know exactly what i'm talking about.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I seriously don't trust shops anymore! I feel like you seriously need to walk into these shops like "Louie, The Leg Breaker" and let them know that if they mess with your car the next time you have to ask a question it'll be with an aluminum bat to the frig'n side of their skull! .... But, that's just my .02. lol!

... Honestly Mark, if it wasn't for having someone as trustworthy as Shant(Suck_My_SS) to pick up where someone else left me hanging(Won't mention the person's name! lol) then I probably would have parted out what was left of the damn thing and bought a truck instead....

Do you have any photos of how she looks as of right now?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

A good part of the car has already been taken care of OUT OF MY OWN POCKET! And for what I am paying to have the car fixed, let's just say I could have bought myself a nice late model GM truck.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Teching In

so you know exactly what i'm talking about.
i do,it doesnt help but i do.did you get a chance to take and send the pics?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
I seriously don't trust shops anymore! I feel like you seriously need to walk into these shops like "Louie, The Leg Breaker" and let them know that if they mess with your car the next time you have to ask a question it'll be with an aluminum bat to the frig'n side of their skull! .... But, that's just my .02. lol!
That's how I feel about dealerships and body shops

If you feel that way about performance shops, I definitely urge you to check out CMS. Hands down great people and a great shop. Ryne and Mike really know what they're doing, and get the job done right. I just left my SS with them for a new motor build (that they are building)
Old 05-30-2010, 04:36 PM
On The Tree

i do,it doesnt help but i do.did you get a chance to take and send the pics?
Like I mentioned during our phone call. I already fixed a lot of the fucked up things on the car. And I don't spend my time 24/7 at the shop to document every single step of the repairs that they touch. And how do I take pictures of things like my missing HID kit if I never had the car to take before pictures?!

How do I represent that the entire PCM & BCM had to be re-pinned in order for the car to run properly? Regardless of some body panels and some paint, the car still looked like this when I got the car.....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...long-read.html

Bent rims, bent intercooler, inoperable AC, inoperable gauges, fuel system looking like a rat's nest, i had to supply ANOTHER 90 mm throttle body. once i popped the hood, it looked even dirtier than the pics posted. YOU yourself expressed how fucked up it is...

Like I have been saying before, I have already spent way more than what blue book value for my car would bring...
Old 06-02-2010, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

kick his a$$....
Old 06-02-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
kick his a$$....
Sea Bass
Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

So... while I have not uploaded any "new" pictures of my damaged car since the ones I originally posted doesn't seem to have substantial enough proof that it was fucked up in a wreck... what about my remaining parts that were removed from my Camaro???

-Hooker LT headers w/ 3" y-pipe
-turbo log manifold
-2 ea. turbo downpipes
-LS1 fans
-Nick Williams 90mm throttle body
-100mm MAF w/ pigtail
-HID kit
-Adjustable Borla catback Exhaust system

shall I keep going?

As many of you had already anticipated, I got absolutely NOTHING so far!! I'm tired of hearing bullshit that "the customer didn't want to work with the shop to make things right..."

Quick Reply: Paging Ken from Strictly Performance Motorsports - DTM!