Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
I measured to make sure it was one inch longer than stock as you stated
That's all that really needs to be said. If you lack the technical knowledge to correctly determine the driveshaft length needed for your application, then you should have a professional do it. That's the risk you run buying used parts.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
That's all that really needs to be said. If you lack the technical knowledge to correctly determine the driveshaft length needed for your application, then you should have a professional do it. That's the risk you run buying used parts.
The point is you stated you would fit on my car and it didn't. I'm not the one that lacks the technical knowledge and thinks that that a car lifts in the rear when it launches at the track. I'm also not the one that thinks less than a 1/4" of movement is enough or if you have a drive shaft that's too long then you should just throw some adj. lca's on there and move the rear back instead of getting the right length drive shaft.

All this is not gonna change the fact that you are not considerate enough to take back a part that you vouched to work. You put your name on it and that just goes to show that that doesn't mean **** to you. Instead of keeping a good rapport with me and taking it back when it didn't fit my application as you assured me, you chose to just screw it off. Especially when I told you that I'd buy your torque arm when you're ready to sell it to buy the pro torque arm.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:52 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not the one that lacks the technical knowledge and thinks that that a car lifts in the rear when it launches at the track.
This gets funnier every time I read it... you'd dead *** wrong.

I'm also not the one that thinks less than a 1/4" of movement is enough
It worked for me for 1500 miles. Like I said, order a shaft from PST and you'll get the exact same thing.

you should just throw some adj. lca's on there and move the rear back
Honestly I don't even know how you're running stock LCAs with that rear. My rearend from moser wasn't even close to being square in the car, I had to get adjustables. You mentioned you have relocation brackets... you wouldn't be running your LCAs in the bottom hole would you? Pretty sure that would bring the rearend forward a decent amount.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Just my .02 cents...

He's right down the road 10 minutes. Why don't you just give him his money back, take back the driveshaft and sell it to someone else who's car it fits? Simple...

No need to bash each other on here...

But I must admit, I think it's pretty shady to sell someone a part on the assumption that it fits, then say FU when it doesn't, I'm keeping your money... that's just not right...

Last edited by Soul TKR; 05-23-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, sometimes even when someone seems like a stand up person, the truth only comes out when a situation like this comes up.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Was the rear at full extension when you tried installing the shaft? This may be your issue, the DS length is properly measured/fitted with the car at ride height. With the rear hanging as it would be on a lift, it moves forward. If your working on jack stands under the frame rail, jack the rear housing untill the jack stands "unload" then test the DS fitment.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Teching In

thats some **** up ****, when the part is not for the correct car,now that is some easy money you trying to make...to me.thats why i get my **** new and to fit my car, model,performance,and year..now you know dont make deals that will cost you more down the road..
Old 05-23-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Regular

Did the seller have the same style rear and tranny as you? Then the driveshaft should work or be very close to working. Its not the sellers fault if you purchased the item listed and it doesnt work for you.

If the seller lied about having the same trans and rear as you thats a different story. But when you go aftermarket anything things dont always work right on each car.

You guys are all so silly.

I just took a 9 inch out of 1 Fbody and put it in another- th-400 in one t56 in the other, I took the driveshaft I had and got it reworked for length and yoke at a driveshaft shop, why would you buy a driveshaft from someone when yours will work ?

On a 9 inch note, I couldnt get the torque arm supplied from the other car to work on my car at all. Its just a BMR chassis mount arm, no way was it gonna work without modification - and I took it off the car myself.
-
Old 05-23-2010, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

No comment on driveshaft transaction.

but, is wicked seriously the only one who knows that the rear is supposed to RISE at launch? Thats common knowledge! With proper LCA angle the rear should and will always rise on launch, NOT squat. A squatting rear on launch shows that you have incorrect rear suspension geometry and your car is bowing into the power rather than planting that power.

And the front rises too. The whole car seemingly jumps off the ground on a proper launch.

Not that it matters in relation to the driveshaft prob, this is not to say that the rear wont compress under normal driving situations however, such as hitting a bump in the road.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Take a look at this and let me know what it looks like it's doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAr2l...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbzr...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XttOe4rerLo

Just for fairness sake, the only ones i see lifting in the rear are Leaf spring cars wit caltracs, or lift action bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rF7_j2vQUE

Last edited by djsanchez2; 05-23-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The fittment on my driveshaft was always tight and its 41.5" center to center, which is exactly what it should be for an M6/9" combo. No two cars are alike though.

That being said, mine is for sale Moe, its chromoly instead of aluminum but hit me up, since you need your car im sure we can work something out.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Kevin97ss
Was the rear at full extension when you tried installing the shaft? This may be your issue, the DS length is properly measured/fitted with the car at ride height. With the rear hanging as it would be on a lift, it moves forward. If your working on jack stands under the frame rail, jack the rear housing untill the jack stands "unload" then test the DS fitment.
This was never answered.
Old 05-23-2010, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fyi i have a stock length Denny driveshaft i am willing to trade for that pst one
lmk
Old 05-23-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6

but, is wicked seriously the only one who knows that the rear is supposed to RISE at launch? Thats common knowledge! With proper LCA angle the rear should and will always rise on launch, NOT squat. A squatting rear on launch shows that you have incorrect rear suspension geometry and your car is bowing into the power rather than planting that power.

And the front rises too. The whole car seemingly jumps off the ground on a proper launch.

Not that it matters in relation to the driveshaft prob, this is not to say that the rear wont compress under normal driving situations however, such as hitting a bump in the road.
Ummm lift on luanch? you want the body of the car and the rear end to move towards the ground at the same rate with proper geometry, not sure if you ever have actually looked at drag race suspensions. A car lifting on launch is actually foot braking and preloading the rear, my car lifts then squats on launch if the rear end itself lifts you then reduce the amount of tire being put down and it fights the natural movement of the body causing less traction.

I know a few people who have verified this who have setup suspension on actual fast f bodies and other 9 second or faster cars.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
Just my .02 cents...

He's right down the road 10 minutes. Why don't you just give him his money back, take back the driveshaft and sell it to someone else who's car it fits? Simple...

No need to bash each other on here...

But I must admit, I think it's pretty shady to sell someone a part on the assumption that it fits, then say FU when it doesn't, I'm keeping your money... that's just not right...
That's exactly my point!

Originally Posted by ssbowtie1
Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, sometimes even when someone seems like a stand up person, the truth only comes out when a situation like this comes up.
Yeah I know I was just pissed cuz I talked to him for a while on separate occasions and he came off as a cool guy so that's why I just wanted to let people know so the same thing doesn't happen to them.

Originally Posted by Kevin97ss

The car was on a lift that you drive the car onto thus the suspension was fully loaded. It was as if the car was on the ground. I knew that **** was wrong when I had to take the u joint caps off to clear the rear yoke.

Originally Posted by CESARZ
thats some **** up ****, when the part is not for the correct car,now that is some easy money you trying to make...to me.thats why i get my **** new and to fit my car, model,performance,and year..now you know dont make deals that will cost you more down the road..
The problem is I'm a full time student until June 13, 2010. If I had bought everything new for my car I wouldn't have been able to afford paying for school and probably would have graduated in 2015 lol. I buy and sell parts from a bunch of guys on here all the time so I didn't think at least the local people are trying to shaft each other.

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
Did the seller have the same style rear and tranny as you? Then the driveshaft should work or be very close to working. Its not the sellers fault if you purchased the item listed and it doesnt work for you.

If the seller lied about having the same trans and rear as you thats a different story. But when you go aftermarket anything things dont always work right on each car.

You guys are all so silly.

I just took a 9 inch out of 1 Fbody and put it in another- th-400 in one t56 in the other, I took the driveshaft I had and got it reworked for length and yoke at a driveshaft shop, why would you buy a driveshaft from someone when yours will work ?

On a 9 inch note, I couldnt get the torque arm supplied from the other car to work on my car at all. Its just a BMR chassis mount arm, no way was it gonna work without modification - and I took it off the car myself.
-
We both have ford 9" and supposedly he had a 6speed and was swapping in a th400. The issue is he stated it would fit my car and it didn't if he said he didn't know and I bought it on that basis then I'd bite the bullet. He also had incorrect information about a proper fitment, since he thinks that less than 1/4" gap between the trans and drive shaft bottoming out is a proper length.

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6

I think you guys are the only ones. You are correct about the normal driving that's why I just go the car towed home.

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Take a look at this and let me know what it looks like it's doing.
Thank god I'm not wrong on that one or else me and my girlfriend would both look stupid.

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
The fittment on my driveshaft was always tight and its 41.5" center to center, which is exactly what it should be for an M6/9" combo. No two cars are alike though.

That being said, mine is for sale Moe, its chromoly instead of aluminum but hit me up, since you need your car im sure we can work something out.
Well the one I have is right about 42" another 1/2" of movement would be perfect for me. I took measurement when my car was on the lift with the suspension fully loaded so I'll verify the length it should be and let you know.

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
fyi i have a stock length Denny driveshaft i am willing to trade for that pst one
lmk
Aluminum, chromoly, or steel? What's the actual measurements center to center? Let me verify a few things and I'll get back to you.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree on the whole "no returns? BULLSHIT" ideals. I have no problem taking back parts and refunding money if a part does not work out for the person I sold it to, as long as the part comes back to me in the same condition that I sold it in.

On a side note, my car squats, and the LCAs and the panhard bar are level, on level ground, with the suspension under load (exhaust shop style lift). Here is a 1500 RPM test launch:
Old 05-23-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's exactly my point!

Yeah I know I was just pissed cuz I talked to him for a while on separate occasions and he came off as a cool guy so that's why I just wanted to let people know so the same thing doesn't happen to them.

The car was on a lift that you drive the car onto thus the suspension was fully loaded. It was as if the car was on the ground. I knew that **** was wrong when I had to take the u joint caps off to clear the rear yoke.

The problem is I'm a full time student until June 13, 2010. If I had bought everything new for my car I wouldn't have been able to afford paying for school and probably would have graduated in 2015 lol. I buy and sell parts from a bunch of guys on here all the time so I didn't think at least the local people are trying to shaft each other.

We both have ford 9" and supposedly he had a 6speed and was swapping in a th400. The issue is he stated it would fit my car and it didn't if he said he didn't know and I bought it on that basis then I'd bite the bullet. He also had incorrect information about a proper fitment, since he thinks that less than 1/4" gap between the trans and drive shaft bottoming out is a proper length.

I think you guys are the only ones. You are correct about the normal driving that's why I just go the car towed home.

Thank god I'm not wrong on that one or else me and my girlfriend would both look stupid.

Well the one I have is right about 42" another 1/2" of movement would be perfect for me. I took measurement when my car was on the lift with the suspension fully loaded so I'll verify the length it should be and let you know.

Aluminum, chromoly, or steel? What's the actual measurements center to center? Let me verify a few things and I'll get back to you.
well honestly i purchased the ds used, the seller said it was stock length and chromoly, i will have to pull it out and measure it exactly, its a quality driveshaft but its just too short for me
Old 05-23-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

well honestly i purchased the ds used, the seller said it was stock length and chromoly, i will have to pull it out and measure it exactly, its a quality driveshaft but its just too short for me

Missing a couple gears there? "T-56 4speed"
Old 05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
not sure if you ever have actually looked at drag race suspensions
will was only running 10.40s cam only with some spray... in a full weight 6 speed at fontana where the DA was probably 4000. he doesn't know ****

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
my car lifts then squats on launch if the rear end itself lifts you then reduce the amount of tire being put down and it fights the natural movement of the body causing less traction.
natural movement of the body is not downward, why would this be? oh there's weight transfer? well if you want to waste transferred weight into body movement of the car go ahead, if you want that transferred weight planting tires, the put antisquat in your rear suspension.

when power is applied, the rearend should be traveling towards the ground (pushing the tires into the racing surface). this does not change whether you're footbraking, launching, or going down the track. If the body of the car is not lifting, you don't have anti squat engineered in the rear suspension. This is NOT WHAT YOU WANT in your average <600 rwhp torque arm car.

There's a prostock video posted above, yea they squat because they're taking hit from the tire as to not go into tire shake, then again they cut <1.00 short times. With that huge tire they WANT WHEELSPEED.

Torque arm cars making big power often are trying to throw weight back into the FRONT of the car, this seems to contradict wanting the rear body of the car squatting on the rear suspension.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Launching!

That's fine shoot me a couple of pics and measure it center to center for me. Still in Lancaster? Thanks man.

Quick Reply: Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z