Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z

I purchased a PST drive shaft from Wicked94z https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-c...eshaft-fs.html. He told me he had it on his car and it fit with his ford 9" and 6 speed and the only reason he was selling it was because he needs a different length drive shaft since he was going with a th400. I bought the shaft from him on Monday 5/17/10 and ordered a 1350 yoke on Wednesday 5/19/10 . I got the yoke on Friday 5/21/10. I went to get the yoke installed yesterday to only find out that the drive shaft he sold me and said it would work with my car is too long.

I went ahead and gave him a call and let him know the situation and he stated there is no way it doesn't fit my car because it fit on his. I told him that I had to take the caps off of the u joint to let it clear the yoke when the other end was completely engaged in the transmission and that there was less than a 1/4" gap before the drive shaft bottomed out in the transmission and he stated it was fine and that's how it was on his car. I told him that it needed about an inch gap so when the car launch and it squats in the back and the shaft moves forward it doesn't bottom out. He proceeded to tell me how the car doesn't squat in the back when you launch and that it actually lifts. I told him that's the first time I had heard that and that that was not true and I have pictures to prove it as well as why it squats in the back was due to the weight power/weight transferring to the rear of the car. He was very adamant that the cars don't do that and that cars lift in the back and squat in the front when launching at the track. All I wanted was for him to take the shaft and give me my money back since he sold me a part that should have fit my car and it did not. He stated that I bought a used part and took a risk buying it and he didn't have a use for it. When I told him I don't have a use for it and needed the money to purchase another so I can drive the car he stated that he needed to do the same although his car is sitting in his parents drive way with no motor. He suggested for me to buy adjustable lca's and move the rear back however, I told him I'd rather have the correct length drive shaft and I didn't want to just simply move the rear back due to the fact when I put a taller tire it would rub on the bumper since the wheel would not be centered in the wheel well. By the way this guy lives 10 mins from my house and it wouldn't be a hassle to get him the drive shaft back and get my money back.

I thought he was an honest guy and I had met him before at a car meet and talked to him for a long time on different occasions but it seems that appearances can be very deceiving which is sad when it's one car guy screwing another car guy. Just letting people know so if you decide to deal with him you should take extra precaution and know what kind of person you're dealing with.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Addict

Not to be a dick, but lesson learned here:

Know the measurement you need for a part like that, don't assume the seller knows what he is doing even if it came off his own personal car with similar set-up. With a measurement, there is a definite point of argument to get your money back, or to verify it before handing over $$ in the first place.

Sorry that happened to you man. Can't you have it shortened a tad to meet your needs? At least its not too short, then you'd be fucked.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so by him saying you took a risk in buying, hes not going to give you your money back?
Old 05-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Not to be a dick, but lesson learned here:

Know the measurement you need for a part like that, don't assume the seller knows what he is doing even if it came off his own personal car with similar set-up. With a measurement, there is a definite point of argument to get your money back, or to verify it before handing over $$ in the first place.

Sorry that happened to you man. Can't you have it shortened a tad to meet your needs? At least its not too short, then you'd be fucked.
I understand that Danny but I wasn't sure of the size it needed to be and he told me it and from what I had found was it needed to be one inch longer than stock so I measured my stock one and it was an inch shorter than his and had been working for me. He assured me that I needed the one he had and he got vibration when he got his stock length pst and Exotic performance plus sent him one an inch longer after he had used it and sent him a prepaid postage to send them back the one he used. It wouldn't be worth it to pay and get it shortened when I can pay that difference to get a new one.

All I know is if someone bought a part from me and I told him it would fit his car and it didn't I would give him/her their money back and I have in the past. It's just about being honest and not just trying to screw someone else out of their money

Originally Posted by Mr.z/28
so by him saying you took a risk in buying, hes not going to give you your money back?
I guess so. Knowing that, if someone sells you a part and tells you it should fit your car and it doesn't, you took a risk and you eat the part. I've bought and sold a bunch of car parts on here and ebay... If someone ever asked me if a part would work for them, I would not tell them it would unless I knew 100% it would. Apparently that's not the case for him or maybe he was mistaken just as he is mistaken that cars lift in the rear when launching. Even my girl knows that cars don't do that when launching.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

That's not good. I would be mad!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Not saying you shouldn't get your money back man, but it happens to us all at one point or another. Yeah it's fucked up but if anything take from this the chance to be a more educated buyer, that's all. I have been swindled before trust me It's cool though i was the dumbass who didn't verify things, it's not like the seller is gonna go out and demonstrate everything he sells.

Yeah that deff. sucks about the extra cost being enough to buy a new one.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Not saying you shouldn't get your money back man, but it happens to us all at one point or another. Yeah it's fucked up but if anything take from this the chance to be a more educated buyer, that's all. I have been swindled before trust me It's cool though i was the dumbass who didn't verify things, it's not like the seller is gonna go out and demonstrate everything he sells
I know but it's just that I'm always pretty good about verifying everything before buying which I thought I did this time too. It's not the first time I've been screwed and I'm sure it won't be the last time with the type of people that are out there.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by projectX
That's not good. I would be mad!
Trust me I'm pretty pissed off because I borrowed money from my bro to get this. Now the car had to be towed home and is sitting until I sell this thing and can order one that's the size I need. In the mean time I have to be driven to school by my girl since she's driving my other car.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:20 PM
TECH Veteran

sounds like you got *shafted* mo

i wouldve thought all shafts were made equal for f bodies in both 12 bolt and 9" categories
Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
sounds like you got *shafted* mo

i wouldve thought all shafts were made equal for f bodies in both 12 bolt and 9" categories
Fine choice of words dick no they're different for the 12 bolt and 9" sometimes you get lucky and yours is the same as another car with same set up and sometimes you don't. Sometime people have it on their car without realizing that it's the wrong size and sell it as if it's the right size.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
Fine choice of words dick

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
no they're different for the 12 bolt and 9" sometimes you get lucky and yours is the same as another car with same set up and sometimes you don't. Sometime people have it on their car without realizing that it's the wrong size and sell it as if it's the right size.
i know suspension plays a role if its set to stiff in the rear you wont have much travel, maybe he had stiffer rear shocks
Old 05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

i hate that this happened to you.....it's very easy to get mad, but don't....they guy lives ten minutes from you.....go to his house, knock on his door, when he answers, tell him to get your money, NOW......simple
Old 05-23-2010, 12:28 AM
10 Second Club

Just because a driveshaft fits one car it doesn't mean it will fit another car the same. Thats why when you order a driveshaft they make you measure from the end of your pinion yoke to the end of you tailshaft. Because they will make the correct length for your car. Since it's too long you could have it shortened for you at a driveline shop. If you ask me it's a very simple fix. They will only charge you at most $50 to do it and have it rebalanced.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:49 AM
10 Second Club

Old 05-23-2010, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like there is blame to be shared.

If your story is correct, he may share some blame for assuming it would fit your application.

You take some fault for not doing your due diligence and defining what it is you needed.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
I'm glad you think this is amusing. This goes to show that you decided to screw someone over and not do anything to fix it but sit down and have your popcorn smiley. Just so you should know, what goes around comes around and you'll remember this when you get shafted on a deal.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

Driveshaft or not I hate your avatar!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

I'm not really sure how to respond, if everyone thinks I'm a bad person so be it. I have three things to say...

1. I don't believe a car squats in the front while launching, that's silly.

2. Did you measure the shaft before buying it?

3. Did you try running the shaft?
Old 05-23-2010, 01:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Wicked94Z
I'm not really sure how to respond, if everyone thinks I'm a bad person so be it. I have three things to say...

1. I don't believe a car squats in the front while launching, that's silly.

2. Did you measure the shaft before buying it?

3. Did you try running the shaft?
You did state that the cars don't squat in the rear when launching and when I told you they do squat in the rear and lift in the front you stated that they didn't at least not your car. Regardless of that, I measured to make sure it was one inch longer than stock as you stated. I did not run the drive shaft since I had to remove the u joint caps to even get it to clear the rear end yoke and that's with the trans yoke fully engaged in the transmission. I also did not want to use the drive shaft so I wouldn't be trying to return you the drive shaft after using it. With your drive shaft installed there was less than 1/4" of movement before bottoming out. From what I saw on my old drive shaft, the drive shaft moved in and out between 1/2"-3/4" in and out. Thus I did not drive it with the new drive shaft because I'd rather not screw up my trans over a wrong size drive shaft. Even the shop that installed the yoke stated that they would not recommend driving the car so I had it towed home.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This would never happen to me...i would get my money somehow

Hey if worst comes to worst their is a drivesaft shop up by my parents house in the desert mo.....bring it over in redlands and i can see about getting it done asap ill be heading up there mon

Quick Reply: Buyers beware when dealing with Wicked94z