Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I need advise on insurance claim!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need advise on insurance claim!!!

If anyone could please give me some advise on how to handle this. Here are the details!!! On May 24th I am the second car waiting at the stop light for it to turn green. Out of no where the lady in her explorer decides she does not want to turn left after all. She puts her car in reverse and starts to back up... I noticed she wasn't stopping so I started to honk. I honked so long a deputy saw the whole thing. He follows us and finally the older lady pulls in. We exchange insurance information and he writes up a report. I call the insurance company the next day and the corporate office tells me where to take me car for the estimate. By the way this place was a dump!!!! The claims adjuster calls me same day to ask questions and so I explain the whole thing. She tells me that she has to wait for her client to call in to get her side of the story. I told her that the deputy saw the whole thing and that there was a report written up. She said the next step would be to get the report if she does not hear from her client. Which is B.S.. Well it's two weeks later and I have left numerous voice mails and guess what!!!!!!! No return phone calls what so ever!!! Any advise would be super helpful!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

No calls back from the insurance agent or the deputy?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I had a bs accident I ended up having to drive to the sherrifs office paying for a copy of the report, then driving to the farmers office and raising absolute hell, worked after the 3rd time I went in screaming. They finally had a check waiting for me.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
I call the insurance company the next day and the corporate office tells me where to take me car for the estimate.
Pretty sure that's illegal.. An insurance company can't suggest any place to take your car. They can mention that they have blue ribbon shops which they sponsor, but they can't say, "take your car here." You can take your car wherever you want to get it fixed..

Originally Posted by 1badchicken
She tells me that she has to wait for her client to call in to get her side of the story. No return phone calls what so ever!!! Any advise would be super helpful!!!!!!!!
Tell her to obtain a copy of the police report, since she obv hasn't.. Also, contact your insurance company and have them contact them. Things will work smoother if you just have them make the communications. They'll actually take you seriously..
Old 06-07-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default insurance

I have been very patient about the whole thing and it's getting old. I have left 4 voice mails and no return calls. I will be driving to the police station weds on my day off. This type of bs should be illegal!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like slvr00brd said contact your insurance and inform them it is the other persons fault and that you need to get their insurance to pay, your insurance should handle that and it will help things go smoothly.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

My Brother in law is an attorney and this is what he suggested as a starting point. Get quotes from at least Two REPUTABLE repair shops. Call an Attorney and ask what your options are as well as what the law says about the timeframe the insurance company has to pay you. (Most attorney's will do a free consultation) Call the adjuster and leave the repair quotes with her and let her know you have spoken with an attorney and repeat to her what you were told; so she know's that you are aware of the law. Usually this will take care of the issue. If not, you can have an attorney send a letter (usually less than $200) that states you intend to sue for the damages plus time lost, ect. That takes care of 99% of problems. If it doesn't, go back to the attorney and start the process.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

^ good advice and I would put every word of communication you make with this "adjuster" in writing.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default update

I contacted her supervisor today and of course the calls went to his voice mail. Big surprise huh!! I am going to get the accident report tomorrow and I guess I will contact an attorney. I figured for sure this would be a walk in the park since a deputy witnessed the whole thing... I would think there would be some type of consequence. I will keep everyone updated.

Quick Reply: I need advise on insurance claim!!!