Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Pulled over for tinted headlights and tailights

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Vette310 you sir are a moron, end of story.
Come to my neck of the woods again sir lol and thou shall receive another fix-it-ticket . Btw how did it go with that ?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vette310
Come to my neck of the woods again sir lol and thou shall receive another fix-it-ticket . Btw how did it go with that ?
Hell no I am not visiting HoH again, although the cop was cool I won't be wanting to me Johnny Law again.

It went well man at first they did not show that they had received my ticket and payment so they put a hold on my license and a bail. Then I got a court date, about 3 weeks later they deposited the check and cleared me of all charges.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Hell no I am not visiting HoH again, although the cop was cool I won't be wanting to me Johnny Law again.

It went well man at first they did not show that they had received my ticket and payment so they put a hold on my license and a bail. Then I got a court date, about 3 weeks later they deposited the check and cleared me of all charges.
Cool they didn't take you in LoL !! Glad you didn't have issues with it!

That's why I'm in here stirring the pot the cop prolly wanted to meet his quota, so he got a fix it ticket lol
Old 06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vette310
Cool they didn't take you in LoL !! Glad you didn't have issues with it!

That's why I'm in here stirring the pot the cop prolly wanted to meet his quota, so he got a fix it ticket lol
Yeah dude thats the thing thats making me think twice about it, I don't like the whole quota BS.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Yeah dude thats the thing thats making me think twice about it, I don't like the whole quota BS.
It is what it is , cops have to eat to so I'm sure you'll get the job done to get paid instead of comming up short on a check. This guy should be happy it's correctible instead of being a non-correctible violation, anyone can sign the ticket off if it's legal in his neck of the woods. Usally a non correctible tint ticket canrange anywhere from 100 to 350$, that comming from the guy that took care of yours.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ohh wow, yeah I appreciate the hook up on that. I dunno we will see when it comes time for recruitment to open up again.

To the OP like I said just ask a lawyer and see what can be done because you should not have to fix that.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Teching In

Ohh wow, yeah I appreciate the hook up on that. I dunno we will see when it comes time for recruitment to open up again.

To the OP like I said just ask a lawyer and see what can be done because you should not have to fix that.
I wanna be like you when I grow up, Yanking the wheels at Irwindale !
Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's your responsibility to know and confirm to any local laws, no matter where you are, period. Doesn't matter if you born/raised in NY and never left the state your entire life. You go to CA, you RESPECT their officers and laws. Don't like them, then don't go.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by waynehartwig
It's your responsibility to know and confirm to any local laws, no matter where you are, period. Doesn't matter if you born/raised in NY and never left the state your entire life. You go to CA, you RESPECT their officers and laws. Don't like them, then don't go.
Very well said !
Old 06-08-2010, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Also, complete bullshit. By that logic, someone in a 1-license-plate-required state can't drive into a 2-license-plate-required state without getting a 2nd plate for the front. Yeah, sure thing.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mbrownin
Also, complete bullshit. By that logic, someone in a 1-license-plate-required state can't drive into a 2-license-plate-required state without getting a 2nd plate for the front. Yeah, sure thing.
Very well said!!

Old 06-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Launching!

Are you a LEO? Or you just talking out your ***? FACT: If you are in CA, you follow the laws in CA - PERIOD! The CA LEO doesn't give a rats *** what is legal in AZ. Ask one; I'm sure he'll confirm it....
Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

Are you a LEO? Or you just talking out your ***? FACT: If you are in CA, you follow the laws in CA - PERIOD! The CA LEO doesn't give a rats *** what is legal in AZ. Ask one; I'm sure he'll confirm it....
F you. I'm not arguing the legality of it. In short, it's a non-moving violation, and won't affect your license in the least in your home state if you simply chuck the BS ticket. If the CA LEO's want to be ******, that's their perogative.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well they can pull you over for it, will it stand in a court, hell no, the OP can fight it and not have to take the tint off and worry about it. Just send in the signed off ticket with the $25 I believe and it's all good. That way you don't have to remove the tint and life is all copacetic again.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Launching!

F you. I'm not arguing the legality of it. In short, it's a non-moving violation, and won't affect your license in the least in your home state if you simply chuck the BS ticket. If the CA LEO's want to be ******, that's their perogative.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not arguing the legality of it. In short, it's a non-moving violation, and won't affect your license in the least in your home state if you simply chuck the BS ticket. If the CA LEO's want to be ******, that's their perogative.
well said
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I remember when I got a fix-it ticket back in the day for my window tint here in CA...

could keep it on for $175

or

Could take it off, and pay a $10 fix-it fine...

I ended up going to a tint shop, told them the story, they ripped off the tint, I went to CHP got it signed off, went to the courthouse, paid my $10 fine, went back to the tint shop and had it re-tinted for $60. All in 2-3 hours...
Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
I remember when I got a fix-it ticket back in the day for my window tint here in CA...

could keep it on for $175

or

Could take it off, and pay a $10 fix-it fine...

I ended up going to a tint shop, told them the story, they ripped off the tint, I went to CHP got it signed off, went to the courthouse, paid my $10 fine, went back to the tint shop and had it re-tinted for $60. All in 2-3 hours...
If the person does not reside in cali though they can just get it signed off by and LEO in their state of residence and pay the fix it fine. This is from what i recall, but alas I am no LEO nor am I a lawyer.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

You still dont make any sense.

If you have a vehicle that is LEGAL in another state, the one its registered in, then its legal in any other state for the most part minus a few states that have certain stipulations to some laws.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Teching In

I just called the local CHP office and asked what the rules were about out of state vehicles vs california vehicle laws. They said that it states ANY vehicle in the state of california regardless of registration must follow the laws. He did say that if you do get pulled over for tint and explain that you are just visiting they usually let you go without a problem.

Quick Reply: Pulled over for tinted headlights and tailights