Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New CA DUI changes as of 7/1/2010!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A dude i work with got a DUI on the 3rd. I doubt he knows of the new law but he will soon.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hlaalu
lol that's how it starts and is probably how the offender got a DUI the first place.

Would you rather be stuck somewhere because your car won't start, or risk being pulled over and getting another DUI? Or worse, if you get in an accident and you test positive for alcohol that would be an even bigger mess.

There is always an option to call a cab too. I still think it's a good idea.
just saying, i know that people will still get around it... one way or another... If there is ways around Smogin then there will be a way around this too... I dont even drive when i drink because i might spill my drink...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Just another way to give this broke *** state some money IMO
I completely agree!!! ....
Old 07-05-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

So I gotta get the hooker to blow on that too.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
So I gotta get the hooker to blow on that too.
haven't seen this guy post in a while.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Wonder if that would pass tech?
Old 07-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Launching!

its a good law, but expensive.. thats the downside..

imo if you have an emergency, dial 911... done..

all you guys saying this is stupid cause what if you need to drive after a few drinks, thats how it all begins, well im not drunk, i can drive, even if your being the best driver on the road after 3 drinks and someone crashes into you and they find you had alcohol in your system, guess whos getting fucked too?

point is not to RISK anyones life including your own, not to be ******** and not let you drive when you keyword:THINK you can drive.

ive driven after drinking before, 4 beers, was i drunk? **** no, was i able to drive? at the moment i felt fine and able to function normaly, should i have driven? of course not, i admit i made a mistake, havent driven that way again and wont do it again but i endangered peoples lives regardless of how well i was able to drive. If i wudve gotten stopped i would have gladly been arrested, one for being an idiot, and two for endangering myself and others although i felt i was able to drive normally...
Old 07-06-2010, 04:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SSGoat
its a good law, but expensive.. thats the downside..

imo if you have an emergency, dial 911... done..

all you guys saying this is stupid cause what if you need to drive after a few drinks, thats how it all begins, well im not drunk, i can drive, even if your being the best driver on the road after 3 drinks and someone crashes into you and they find you had alcohol in your system, guess whos getting fucked too?

point is not to RISK anyones life including your own, not to be ******** and not let you drive when you keyword:THINK you can drive.

ive driven after drinking before, 4 beers, was i drunk? **** no, was i able to drive? at the moment i felt fine and able to function normaly, should i have driven? of course not, i admit i made a mistake, havent driven that way again and wont do it again but i endangered peoples lives regardless of how well i was able to drive. If i wudve gotten stopped i would have gladly been arrested, one for being an idiot, and two for endangering myself and others although i felt i was able to drive normally...
We get it! You like the new DUI changes.

... Personally, I think it's a bit excessive. Not excusing or condoning people who drink and drive at all. I got a DUI back at the end of last year and I took the punishment.

.....Maybe if I knew that all the profits of the IIDs went to the families of DUI accident victims or directly to fixing our roads I'd find some comfort in that.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
We get it! You like the new DUI changes.

... Personally, I think it's a bit excessive. Not excusing or condoning people who drink and drive at all. I got a DUI back at the end of last year and I took the punishment.

.....Maybe if I knew that all the profits of the IIDs went to the families of DUI accident victims or directly to fixing our roads I'd find some comfort in that.

i didnt say i like the law, im stating that its reasonable, i said i dove after drinking, im 19... nuff said.. hahahaim not trying to be the goody good guy here i just see it reasonable, but i do agree all that money should go somewere.
i was just stating that you guys seem to just worry about people that feel ok to dive and do so with no problems normally. and forget about the people tht THINK they are ok to drive and end up killing someone. it wont stop all drunk drivers but as stated before, its a start...
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ahh yes but Mr. Goat, I am of age and the deal is they have a limit of .08, I have a friend who had a breathalizer that was given to her by her sister, her sister is an officer for Monrovia PD. I drank 13 beers and blew after 20 mins a .07, and after an hour I blew a .079, I would have been legally able to drive, I was not ok to drive and i did not i walked home.

After 4 beers I am perfectly fine without a doubt I don't think I would blow much of anything, then again I have a really high tolerance. If you are going to drink just do it some place stay within your limit and hang out, don't pound four beers then drive that's just irresponsible.

I am up for the new law, actually has helped me not drive at all after drinking, I used to drive after drinking as though it was an Olympic sport, shoot I would have gotten a gold medal, I am making a joke about that but it's not funny it is pretty serious, I thank God I never crashed into someone or something.

Just my opinion.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:33 PM
TECH Regular

To me driving drunk is no different than pointing a loaded gun randomly at drivers and the gun going off,you made the choice to point the loaded gun right.
Killing someone while driving drunk is murder and should be dealt with accordingly.
Driving is a privilege not a right,
1st offense give them all of the present penalties and revoke their license for 2, years + 6mo. mandatory jail
-get caught driving while revoked or drunk again within 10 years = mandatory 3 to 5 year stay in state prison,
-get caught driving drunk again = in Cali it's 3 strikes = 25 years.

We have waited too many times for these idiots to kill someone before acting

Just my .02cts

Quick Reply: New CA DUI changes as of 7/1/2010!!!