Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Buddy of mine I went to school with just got murdered by a cop...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 03:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry Buddy of mine I went to school with just got murdered by a cop...

If this doesn't prove my distaste for corrupt LEO's I don't know what does... My mom just called me and told me about it. James was a real cool guy. Father of a 3 year old and served twice in the marines about to sign up for a 3rd tour as you will see in the article... Watch the cop get off with a slap on the wrist. Two reasons... he's a cop, and I bet you can guess the other...

http://www.12newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12872924

http://orangeleader.com/local/x17436...fatal-shooting

http://orangeleader.com/local/x97239...onday-shooting

http://www.kfdm.com/news/whitehead-3...ld-orange.html

what I wanna know is with all the rallies, riots, and everything that happens when a white cop shoots a black guy, does that mean we get to do that now? Or is that considered wrong all of a sudden?

I'm just sayin....
Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to hear man R.I.P
Old 07-31-2010, 03:55 AM
Staging Lane

If it went down how the article said I hope they hang that cop.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:15 AM
On The Tree

well im sure unlike the oscar grant case the cop will get what he has comming however if the victom was black and the cop was white ... well i think we know how that would play out... I.E THE OSCAR GRANT CASE
Old 07-31-2010, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

So, because this was a shooting involving a LEO, he's automatically corrupt? You should probably reserve judgment until you know all the facts. There is clearly some crucial info missing from the stories.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
So, because this was a shooting involving a LEO, he's automatically corrupt? You should probably reserve judgment until you know all the facts. There is clearly some crucial info missing from the stories.
Sounds like your automatically taking the cops side? What "clearly" crucial info are we missing. There were plenty of witnesses and they told what they saw. Just because it didn't say anything taking the cops side of the story doesn't mean it's wrong... from everything I've read, and word of mouth from family and friends back home he basically put the gun to his chest and pulled the trigger.

put all that aside... it's fairly cut and dry. There were no weapons found in the truck, nor did James have one on him. At what point does this off-duty police officer feel he's gotta kill somebody and it's justified? Also James was in his buddies truck. Not out in the parking lot fighting this LEO or anything. The LEO went to him in the truck, not the other way around...
Old 07-31-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Junkie

worst part of all this is James's little girl...
Old 07-31-2010, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
what I wanna know is with all the rallies, riots, and everything that happens when a white cop shoots a black guy, does that mean we get to do that now? Or is that considered wrong all of a sudden?

I'm just sayin....
Double-standard, you would be considered racist while if it were the other way around, you would be acting in defense of civil rights.

I find it pointed in one article how the police definitively rule out that the racial slurs did not play a factor. They are trying to protect themselves from what is easy motivation to become angry by the officer and instead put the blame on the victim.

I also find it odd that a man who leaves a store, walking to his friend's car, is exhibiting "aggression". He is obviously removing himself from the situation, the opposite of aggression.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

That **** is so weak man! If he was off duty he shouldn't have been involved at all. It was clearly murder. I'm very sad for the girl who lost her father just cuz some guy was too proud to let this guy just walk away after calling him names.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Very unfortunate. There seem to be a few different stories, hopefully a camera or something caught what happened.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this is what is amazing to me

"The Orange police officer involved in the shooting, Capt. Robert Arnold, was placed on administrative leave pending an investigation by the Texas Rangers, according to Police Chief Sam Kittrell"

i don't care if your
police officer or a governor or the damn president, there is absolutely no reason for a person not to be incarcerated for something that appears to be murder
for the pure fact that i myself have been arrested for something as simple as expired registration but they wont arrest this leo because well ummm .......... cause he is a leo?

too often they treat leos like there above the law but in fact they are supposed to be upholding it, there is something seriously wrong with our justice department in this country
Old 07-31-2010, 02:09 PM
10 Second Club

This is very sad, I feel bad for his family. But this is the reason why you shouldn't start **** with people you don't know especially using racial slurs, because you don't know what they are capable of doing.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
put all that aside... it's fairly cut and dry.
This is purely your opinion. You weren't there, and take the reporting for what it's worth...
Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Teching In

Sounds like a racist with an anger problem messed with the wrong guy.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carwatcher
And then shot him.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Comment from a bystandard...

I wasnt personally there.. but i know the truth b/c my brother and my dad were literally standing about 8 feet from the whole thing.. the cops and the press are twisting it around.. when he went to his car it wasnt to get his badge.. it was to get his gun.. he never flashed the badge.. he took out a business card and shoved it in the man's face.. the guy james was angry and it showed but he never once physically threatened the cop.. who by the way was not handling the situation like a cop.. my dad said he didnt even kno he was a cop until he pulled out cuffs.. he presented him self as a thug would.. JAMES NEVER HAD A WEAPON.. and he tried to drop the situation more than twice but the cop was really antagonizing him.. when my dad told me everything i was in tears.. in my own personal opinion if he wasnt a cop this would have been a cold blooded murder case.. end of story.. when the cop shot him it was because james called him a monkey.. thats no reason to kill someone.. cop or not..
Old 07-31-2010, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

I say wait until the end of the investigation to pass judgement.

There are too many discrepancies between the stories/witness'/reporters to make an accurate claim of what happened.

That being said... better that he was shot that beat to death with that damn flashlight...
Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carwatcher
and if that wrong guy was a gang member this would be an expected result but not for somebody that is supposed to protect and serve
Old 07-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Teching In

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

please guys, have some respect for the dead.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hate to see anyone die! Im black, and have a white wife, so i have faced alot of racial slurs being in the south, i have just been bless to have a moment, or two to really cool off b4 i react. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Quick Reply: Buddy of mine I went to school with just got murdered by a cop...