Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

New to AZ, in Sierra Vista...What's there to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, my kids are only 6, 4, and 2. I'm looking for things like chuck e cheese, mini golf, bowling, fun factory (was a place back home with the big jumping air things for kids), build a bear. Stuff like mountain biking and hiking are things my kids aren't old enough for. I guess my wife and I are not looking in the right places. We took the kids tonight to see "Disney on ice" up in tucson. That was nice, and it seemed like tucson had a lot of stuff to do but we didn't really have time to go looking around. I think that will be next weekends project.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only a week to go before I head out there. Got the car on the trailer for a shakedown and all is well. I hope somebody there can help me out with learning HP Tuners.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Finally made it. Anybody got a lead on an affordable house with garage please let me know. I'm also down to hangout if there are any takers. Let me know the when and where.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** Sierra Vista. So glad I got out of there, yet still go back there a lot. Actually...was at Paul's Pub Friday, then shooting Saturday. Other then that, not much to do.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol, that place is to Tucson what Tucson is to this place.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DicN
Lol, that place is to Tucson what Tucson is to this place.
Yea that. Except you can still have a lot of fun in Tucson.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:05 AM
On The Tree

LOL...This State Blows...Sometimes I think I live in Mexico by looking at all the red/white/green flags everywhere. I spent my whole living on the east coast, I've been out here 4 years and I can't wait to get out of this place. At least on the east coast they are proud of the country they live in.

You can only hike so many Mts., go down so many trails, see the few sites it has too offer before you realize this state will one day collapse due to econmic faliure. Anyone who lives here and is honest with themselves knows what I'm talking about.

I served 6 years in the U.S.M.C. and I get offended when I see a flag other then red, white, and blue hanging from your perch. If you you can't understand that you haven't done a tour or don't work law enforcement, I do both. I take alot of pride in our country and will not talk to anyone who wants to represent another country while living here.

For example My father grew up in Ireland (22 years) but I will never but a flag of Ireland in my yard. If I was so proud of that country I would move there.

Last edited by 99Custom; 11-02-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Well, since the car scene seems dead, I guess I'm gonna need a Spanish tutor. Any takers? I've spent 17 years overseas so I'm glad to be in any of the states. True statement about AZ though. It's revenue is built off tourism and with this recession the taxpayers pull the slack.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Custom
LOL...This State Blows...Sometimes I think I live in Mexico by looking at all the red/white/green flags everywhere. I spent my whole living on the east coast, I've been out here 4 years and I can't wait to get out of this place. At least on the east coast they are proud of the country they live in.

You can only hike so many Mts., go down so many trails, see the few sites it has too offer before you realize this state will one day collapse due to econmic faliure. Anyone who lives here and is honest with themselves knows what I'm talking about.

I served 6 years in the U.S.M.C. and I get offended when I see a flag other then red, white, and blue hanging from your perch. If you you can't understand that you haven't done a tour or don't work law enforcement, I do both. I take alot of pride in our country and will not talk to anyone who wants to represent another country while living here.

For example My father grew up in Ireland (22 years) but I will never but a flag of Ireland in my yard. If I was so proud of that country I would move there.
My Grandma is from Japan and has her resident alien card, but you better believe my family only flies Old Glory in front of the house.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 30birdy99
Well, since the car scene seems dead, I guess I'm gonna need a Spanish tutor. Any takers? I've spent 17 years overseas so I'm glad to be in any of the states. True statement about AZ though. It's revenue is built off tourism and with this recession the taxpayers pull the slack.
Cochise College has Spanish classes you can take, probably some at night. I think even up on the Post campus over near the Cemetery, or there on Arizona across from Barn's Field House.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Well took a tour of the southern tracks. SIR was ok. Speedworld has a terrible location but great staff and track prep. Firebird was awesome and I met a few cool people too. I will be taking the far up in the spring.
Old 11-14-2010, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Well took a tour of the southern tracks. SIR was ok. Speedworld has a terrible location but great staff and track prep. Firebird was awesome and I met a few cool people too. I will be taking the far up in the spring.
I am only 20 minutes from Firebird now, so I prefer that place over anywhere else. SIR ******* sucks. I like speedworld, but way way too far for me to go to a lot.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I hear ya. I wish sierra vista wasn't so far away. I'll be up this weekend to see pinks
Old 11-15-2010, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I hear ya. I wish sierra vista wasn't so far away. I'll be up this weekend to see pinks
I'll be there watching it. And yea, I go to SV a lot, and I hate that drive so much.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 AM
12 Second Club

Finally made it. Anybody got a lead on an affordable house with garage please let me know. I'm also down to hangout if there are any takers. Let me know the when and where.
Hey it was great meeting you today. Finally another F-Body shows up for the monthly get together. Your car is very nice and clean. Can't wait to see it run.

Quick Reply: New to AZ, in Sierra Vista...What's there to do?