Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Engine Tune at Dyno shop in LA area

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Tune at Dyno shop in LA area

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I have a '97 T/A M6, basic bolt-ons.

Does anyone know of a dependable, trustworthy dyno shop in the LA/Ventura
County area? If you guys could just begin a list with the location, your
opinion, prices, and how well the car has ran since.

I go to college out here and am looking to find a place where I can go to for one day and add some easy RWHP! Thanks guys.

>Matt
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Racers Edge Tuning in Downey, contact Greg. Good people who really know their $hit.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Banned

^^^x2 on RET GREG
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Launching!

CMS! If you can, drive out there sometime and check out the shop, it's LS-heaven!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Launching!

I am sure if you used the search function you would find a lot of info in this topic......

+2 for CMS

Last edited by haighter; 09-16-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by haighter
i am sure if you used the search function you would find a lot of info in this topic......
ret!!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give us a call, we have some of most experience at tuning ls engines compared to other shops in area... our prices are fair, and our work speaks for itself
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been happy with CMS tuning my car. I know it's a bit of a drive but they do a great job. Search this forum this topic pops up every other week.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LTXBOI
^^^x2 on RET GREG
X3 RET way better than anybody else no matter of the experience...
Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by emenny81
Experience is what makes one better......
Old 09-17-2010, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by haighter
Experience is what makes one better......
That's what's I'm talking bout.. I guess some people don't know what they're talking about and are just on r.e.t. lol
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by emenny81
lol........ok
Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

CMS FTW
its a drive but who else is there to trust to do it right, and be reliable.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

CMS...their builds, cars and tunes speak for themselves...fast cars have been built and tuned there...Ryne and Mike are the best LS guys I know...and I do quite a bit with LS cars. Chevyrunner dont you have 2 other threads open...1 about low oil pressure...the other a trans issue caused by a tune?
Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
lol........ok
I Meant ls1 experience...
Old 09-18-2010, 12:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
Chevyrunner dont you have 2 other threads open...1 about low oil pressure...the other a trans issue caused by a tune?
Lets not get things confused, his trans was done before he even made it to the shop. Thats the reason the first time he came down it never made it on the dyno. When he came the second time with the trans good, while getting strapped down to dyno I pointed out the oil press was low. Maybe the engine having well over 100k miles on it could be why? Like he said there was no knock and no smoke, if I didnt say anything about it Brandon probably wouldnt have noticed.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by blue00ZZleeper
CMS...their builds, cars and tunes speak for themselves...fast cars have been built and tuned there...Ryne and Mike are the best LS guys I know...and I do quite a bit with LS cars. Chevyrunner dont you have 2 other threads open...1 about low oil pressure...the other a trans issue caused by a tune?
number one it doesnt matter how many threads i have open about anything, and two you obviously didnt read the thread... the thread was asking if my transmission could **** up because the car had NO TUNE. not did my trans blow up because of a bad tune. you can pump up cms or anyone else thats cool, but RET is legit and my trans problem wasnt because of anything at RET my trans was blown when i took it to ret, and greg still took the time to drive it, put a steet tune on it and a bunch of other stuff he didnt have to do, which most other shops would have told me to go away and not wanted to deal with that. lastly the oil pressure was low because of bad machining by the MACHINE shop, not cuz of a tune, even with low oil pressure RET made my car a beast for all the things that were wrong with it The oil pressure issue came up after a new built transmission was put in by extreme trans. as soon as the motor comes back from the machine shop again, it will be right back at RET getting tuned again. im sure cms has a lotta fast stuff, but all you have to do is you tube RET they got a rocket ship mustang, and i dont even wanna mention the ls they are about to unleash on the streets. so lets not blame ret for my motor having bad machining done. Nothing but great things to say about RET.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

That's kool bro that greg went out of his way to help u out.. I've heard good things about him from my ford buddies.. the only problem is that these guys come here bashing other tuners saying it doesn't matter of the experience but r.e.t. is the best.. wtf does that mean.. when I decided to get my car tuned I heard nothing but good things about cms so that's why I decided to take the 1 1/2 hr drive to cms..
Originally Posted by chevyrunner
number one it doesnt matter how many threads i have open about anything, and two you obviously didnt read the thread... the thread was asking if my transmission could **** up because the car had NO TUNE. not did my trans blow up because of a bad tune. you can pump up cms or anyone else thats cool, but RET is legit and my trans problem wasnt because of anything at RET my trans was blown when i took it to ret, and greg still took the time to drive it, put a steet tune on it and a bunch of other stuff he didnt have to do, which most other shops would have told me to go away and not wanted to deal with that. lastly the oil pressure was low because of bad machining by the MACHINE shop, not cuz of a tune, even with low oil pressure RET made my car a beast for all the things that were wrong with it The oil pressure issue came up after a new built transmission was put in by extreme trans. as soon as the motor comes back from the machine shop again, it will be right back at RET getting tuned again. im sure cms has a lotta fast stuff, but all you have to do is you tube RET they got a rocket ship mustang, and i dont even wanna mention the ls they are about to unleash on the streets. so lets not blame ret for my motor having bad machining done. Nothing but great things to say about RET.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

yea i didnt quite understand that experiance comment either, but if your local and need a legit *** shop i rec RET if you wanna drive to cms thats cool too. i havent heard anything bad about cms at all. but from personal experiance i love dealing with greg
Old 09-18-2010, 02:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by juniorz28
That's kool bro that greg went out of his way to help u out.. I've heard good things about him from my ford buddies.. the only problem is that these guys come here bashing other tuners saying it doesn't matter of the experience but r.e.t. is the best.. wtf does that mean.. when I decided to get my car tuned I heard nothing but good things about cms so that's why I decided to take the 1 1/2 hr drive to cms..
Nobody is bashing anybody i just think everybody should get a fair chance, my experience with Greg was great so I'm expressing my opinion and support to him like you are expressing yours to cms... That's it ... Nothing else...

I'm posting from my iPhone so I didn't proof read before I posted last time..

Quick Reply: Engine Tune at Dyno shop in LA area